xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mayank

Xisto Can Invite Problem From Google Trademark guidelines issue.

While going through Xisto.com network I noticed that Xisto corp has got two domains related to Google.

1. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

2. http://www.googlade.com/

Now, this is scary for Xisto as according to Google's Trademark Guidelines anyone can't twist the word Google and make another domain or product....

This is taken from their guidelines page :

One of the conditions for all uses is that you can't mess around with our marks. Only we get to do that. Dont remove, distort or alter any element of a Google Brand Feature. That includes modifying a Google trademark, for example, through hyphenation, combination or abbreviation, such as: Googliscious, Googlyoogly, GaGooglemania. Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of Google trademarks.

So, I think that it will create problem and nothing else for xisto corporation. Google can easily pay lots and lots of money to their lawyers. OpaQue my suggestion is that do'nt partk the domains to any website...or redirect it. Simply, take it down because.......(you yourself are intelligent )

I don't think the domains really do any harm. They aren't really offering anything and it's not like OpaQue is getting money out of the domains. It just leads to a site already made. It sort of makes sure people don't buy the domains from the Google forums and turns it into some site so all those wondering if they are real sites end up thinking the site this person made is part of the Xisto Corporation. Of course Google could just go looking for more money and it could be a risk, but it's not like OpaQue is trying to trademark the name. It just leads to a Google Discussion board. Although it could be a good idea just in case... wouldn't want to see anything happen to Xisto.

Well technically it could be a problem according to what google say but the website is related to google and is positive for google (mostly positive anyway, im sure someone has a negative opinion somewhere there). I agree with what Plenoptic said that its probably mainly so people dont make random sites like goggle.com (which i belive is a real site) in the hope that people might miss type the URL or make websites to rip google off. Im sure google would be happy to reply to any questions opaque might have about it all, they seem like alright people :)

With shadowx I don't think it would be such a huge problem for Google, as the domains, just lead to another already created forum with another name and it is helpful to Google users in the end anyways.So why would they ever want to cut some service, which is helpful to their users in the end?