xisto Community
BooZker

Need Help With Mac's Bootcamp Beta I need windows

First of i want to state this is my first mac and i have been using a PC for probably since i was 4-5 which was 11-12 years ago. I have never used a mac, except for in school rarely, in all that time. I am a college student majoring in graphic design and had to get a Mac. I do have to say i like them a lot. Sorry, i am getting off topic. I just wanted to show you that i am not stealing what so ever. I own one desktop computer with Windows XP Home and my laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition. The only problem is that i bought the computer with Windows XP preloaded on both. How do i copy that windows over to my Mac for Mac Bootcamp? I know it is 100% legal for someone to give me the CD or send me windows XP as a file as long as i have a serial, in which i do, i just do not have Windows XP on a disc.By the way for people who do not know:Mac Bootcamp is a program that lets you run Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home on your Mac. It would be great for people like me because you can now run all your windows programs on a Mac. All it does is partitions the hard drive.Please all i need is a place to download windows XP HOME since that is what i have.

First of i want to state this is my first mac and i have been using a PC for probably since i was 4-5 which was 11-12 years ago. I have never used a mac, except for in school rarely, in all that time. I am a college student majoring in graphic design and had to get a Mac. I do have to say i like them a lot. Sorry, i am getting off topic. I just wanted to show you that i am not stealing what so ever. I own one desktop computer with Windows XP Home and my laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition. The only problem is that i bought the computer with Windows XP preloaded on both. How do i copy that windows over to my Mac for Mac Bootcamp? I know it is 100% legal for someone to give me the CD or send me windows XP as a file as long as i have a serial, in which i do, i just do not have Windows XP on a disc.
By the way for people who do not know:

Mac Bootcamp is a program that lets you run Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home on your Mac. It would be great for people like me because you can now run all your windows programs on a Mac. All it does is partitions the hard drive.

Please all i need is a place to download windows XP HOME since that is what i have.

You will need to have the physical media to install Windows. So even if you do download a copy (which other than legal issues you can run into problems with nasty programs waiting for you to install) you'd still need to burn it to a DVD to install onto your computer.

I have installed XP on an intel iMac with book camp with no problems, but I had the physical disk and this was XP pro. (where I work decommissioned its last PC's when the second generation Mactels were released. Why keep the extra machines around when we could now duual boot if we needed a windows application.

If i had Windows XP disk i wouldnt even get windows based computers anymore.