xisto Community
Brian Gillingham

Ea Sports Nhl 07 Do I buy this version???

I have been a faithful NHL EA player since '92. Of course, I skipped a few years, but I am pretty sure that I played at least every version.I was really disappointed when they changed a lot of the menu response since NHL 2005. They didn't heed the creedo of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".Anyway, I've just about played the hell out of Doom III by now (intended pun), and I am looking for some good hockey on my computer.Say, is NHL's latest version worth the $$$$$?

Well I haven't heard all that much about the new NHL but I have the 06 version because it had the lighting on the cover and I enjoy it the most I have out of almost any hockey game. Althogh I also think 2002 was pretty awesome as well. I haven't really played any inbetween because for hockey it doesn't seem that it can get all that much better between years. After a few years gap the small improvements become big and they might think of a type of season to add but you are still playing hockey which is really all that matters to me. I do like the manager mode though which is why I bought 06 as well as the fact the lightning were on the cover.