xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sweet_princess

How Do I Make A Website

Well, I don't think this is the right place to ask tis question but I need help.I have no idea on how to make a website and I'm so confused. Please help!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Moving from Tutorials to Web designing discussion

It can be very simple!!!For example, if you are not good in HTML, CSS and all other stuff, you can do it easy way. Download a template, you can find one with GOOGLE, and then, find a help in GOOGLE again, or a tutorial about HTML ccripts. You can download Eversoft 1st webpage if you do not have expirience in programing sites, it has a lot of scripts reday for use, or you can work your pages in Macromedia Dreamweaver, a new version is 8, but if you do not know anything about codes and programming, you should for start use Microsoft Publisher 2003, and help provided with it... It should be easy...

I may be wrong here but, wouldn't an easier way if you have no experience in HTML or CSS etc. be, to use a Content Management System? I'm just leaning about them myself, but from what I understand, you really don't have to have any experience in coding. I have some knowledge already, so my other site was done different, but I am going to use a CMS this time. sweet_princess, Why don't you look into a CMS. If your already hosted, go into your cPanel, then fantastico, and look at the Content Management Systems (CMS). It might be what your looking for

If you want to make a website, search google for HTML Tutorial and follow one. It will show you how to make a very non-interactive website. Once you know HTML, then you can start writing more advanced code using a langauge that is very dynamic and such. Start with HTML and go from their because any other order will just confuse you and make it harder than it really is

When i started to make websites i used NVU. That is a piece of software where you do not have to anythinh about HTML. You can just create your content like you do in Word. The nicest thing about this program is that you also can see teh html source code on another tab. Thats the way i learned the HTML code. Good luck with the creation of your website.

If you're desperate, you could always make something in a free WYSIWYG web-editor, like the Geocities one, and then compare what you did to the HTML code and learn from there.

Of course, with things that are extremely foreign, a tutorial would be much better.

I don't think I am cleverest guy here, but I started like this...I downloaded a free template, and edited it in Microsoft Publisher 2003. In Publisher when you have a template, only thing you have to know is how to link pages and files with pages(for download).Later I found a tutorial about frames, tables and iframes, links and basic html code. Again I have downloaded a free template, edited it, but this time in Dreamweaver using my basic knowledge...Now, I have read more HTML and CSS tutorials, and now I am using them to make my pages alone! I think this is the best way to learn web programing with and in practice. I don't know, but it was not hard for me!

Well, if you really want to get deep and then later on develop your website into big time, start learning HTML from tutorials and believe me it is very easy.But if you only want your current site to look good and stuff and you are not interested into webdesigning, only want to give your site a good look then look for some free HTML softwares like NVu or Evrsoft 1st Page, and if you have Microsoft Office Frontpage, then it is good too.Or, you can also try out the suggestions given by others, as they are good too. :)

Hi,To design a website you should know the basic designing tools.. like photoshop, html , css etc..if you don't know any kind of this tool and also dont go to learn these then best way to design a website is to use the webbuilder that many hosting company provides. there you can choose the free desing template and also can edit the text according to your need..dedesigns

html is always good to learn for basic websites, if you want to get into the advanced stuff from there i would start javascript (really advanced thing) Php coding ( not to hard to learn), i know a bit of them all really, always good to know for everything about the internet cause it always comes up especially for websites...

so, some ideas:1st, you can use a CMS (install it manually or from the cpanel) and then easily add content, change the template of the frontend and so on. 2nd: if you really want to learn (at least amateur) webdesign: download some free templates, open the files in a html editor, and try modifying them to suit your needs...also, read tutorials (goooogle can help you:) ) and view sources of pages you visit (this is a great way of learnign new things after you have the basic knowledge)..ultimately, go buy a book :)after learning basic knowledge, go advanced: read about cross-browser design, tableless-css design, web standards and accesibilty..for now, that`s all...your reply? :P

My opinion for CMS is get rid if that!!! I have tried mambo, but, isn't it better to use brain a little and learn stuff about web programing instead of using CMS??? I think you, and everyone else who are working site for the first time and with no knowledge, should try to find templates, scripts... and to advance their knowledge step by step...Correct me if I am wrong, but I have started with scripts, then found a templates, now I am making pages alone...