xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Dragon Quest 8 Anyone played this

Well I have been playing dragon quest 8 for about 2 weeks now and I am loving it. It is a great game, not as good as final fantasy but it is a good break from the final fantasy series. It is made by the same company, Square Enix and has a post of cartoon feel to it. Basically you are a person who you decide the name of but is called guv in speech sometimes but usually no name is said. He is travelling with king Trode and princess Madea fromA kingdom which i can't remember the name of, but the kingdom was infiltrated by a jester named Dhoulmagus who waved a septre which was locked up in the kingdom because it is of great power and Dhoulmagus comes in and steals it and carts a curse on the kingdom and turns King Trode, the main character and Princess Madea into other things. The king becomes an ugly monster and the princess a horse. Now they all travel around the world to findthis Dhoulmagus person to get him to return them and their kingdom back. Now along the way you join up with Angelo and Yangus. Now has anyone played this game and what are your thoughts on it?

Dragon Quest (aka Dragon Warrior in English for the first 7 games) has been around for a long time... I think before the Final Fantasy series even got released in Japan. I've been a big fan of the series for a long time. There's something I like about the classic gaming feel I get from it... Before the battle system was a "window" system of some sort. You don't see the main characters during the battle (Dragon Quest 1-7). I'm kinda glad they changed it. Must've been good for that Square-Enix merge.:) I'm glad DQ is gaining more popularity. This series is awesome... people just need to look beyond pretty graphics.