xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MIGUE2k7

How Can I Extract Videos From The Web?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here know how to save videos that I can see on my web browser to my PC.Like for example, a video that I see on Google video or YouTube, I would save it onto my PC in .avi or .mpeg format, or however.Anyone can help me?Thanks

It's also a bit more difficult on Youtube and Google because they make an effort to make it difficult to save and rip their videos. I've also never found a free flv to mpg/avi (or other video format) application , as all youtube videos are flash files (flv) rather than encoded video formats themselves.

There aren't any really good free conversion programs out there yet, at least not any I've found, but this is a decent, light-weight player. It's the same one I use. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Supposidly, Riva FLV Encoder, which is meant to convert video files to flv, can also reverse-convert. I tried it once but it's very glitchy and tends to freeze up. If you'd like to give it a try, you can get it here. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

With some websites, I've found even the flv snatching plug-ins don't seem to work, however... I have discovered another way through firefox... this is assuming you're using Windows XP, although it's very similar in win2k. I tried it with IE by going into Temporary Internet Files, but that doesn't always seem to work with all websites for some reason, but firefox usually does.

Make sure you have your cache set to at least 100mb's otherwise this may not work. Download the video, keep firefox open to that page (minimize it if you like) and go to-

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your user name here)\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(usually some random letters and numbers followed by.default)\Cache

Next, right click - Arrange icons by size. This is the tricky part. Usually these video files are anywhere between 2.5MB to 50MB, more or less. The files are all extensionless with random letters and numbers for names. Find one that would be about the right size (and date) to the file you just viewed, copy it and place it on your desktop or wherever and name it filename.flv filename being whatever you want to name the file. Whatever you want, as long as it has the .flv extension at the end.

Now just open the file with FLV player, if it won't open, then it's not the right file, go back and try again until you find the one you're looking for. When you're done, you can go ahead and close everything out. Enjoy your video!

Edited by Chrisseh (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies, this is gonna way help me out.I dont use Firefox, i use IE, but i guess i will try it now.

If you use firefox is more easy than with IE, Because you can use de video downloader
extencion, you can download videos from video sites and all objects on a webpage like movies, mp3, quick time..etc.

You can use it by touching the video download icon in the lower bare of the explorer.

Here is a link to the mozilla page were you can download it

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/

Personaly i recomend it, i use it a lot in the video google and youtube.

here is a list of video pages this extencion can download video from:

Youtube, Google Video, iFilm, Metacafe, Dailymotion, Myspace, Angry Alien, AnimeEpisodes.Net, Badjojo, Blastro, Blennus, Blip.tv, Bofunk, Bolt, Break.com, Castpost, CollegeHumor, Current TV, Dachix, Danerd, DailySixer.com, DevilDucky, Double Agent, eVideoShare, EVTV1, FindVideos, Free Video Blog, Grinvi, Grouper, Hiphopdeal, Kontraband, Lulu TV, Midis.biz, Music.com, MusicVideoCodes.info, MySpace Video Code, Newgrounds, NothingToxic, PcPlanets, Pixparty, PlsThx, Putfile, Revver, Sharkle, SmitHappens, StreetFire, That Video Site, TotallyCrap, VideoCodes4U, VideoCodesWorld, VideoCodeZone, vidiLife, Vimeo, vSocial, Yikers, ZippyVideos