xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mocrohangout

Slow Booting

Hey. Last night I installed some software/drivers for my new Samsung phone. I plugged it in and let it charge for a while before heading off to bed. I unplugged my phone and as I did, the computer restarted and made a click sound. I was about to turn the computer off anyway, so I didn't think much of it. At first I thought it must have just been because I started using the software/drivers without restarting. When I awoke this morning, I turned on the computer and waited forever for it to boot. After about 2 minutes, I tried restarting, unplugging and taking out RAM. It still didn't get past the ASUS boot screen. I decided to wait even longer, I think it was a few minutes, between 2 and 5. Everything after the first boot screen (the ASUS one), runs at normal speed. Any Ideas? The wait is unbearable after usually having to wait under a minute to be using programs after pressing the switch. Specs: AMD 64 3500+ ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe 2 x 1GB Corsair PC3200 RAM MSI GeForce 6600GT 128MB PCI-E Pioneer DVR-109 DVD-R/RW Seagate 200GB HDD Windows XP Home SP1 Thanks for your help, in advance.

I don't know did you tried this, but if not, try to open BIOS and load safe defaults... Or this:If you had a CD or a DVD in your CD-ROM/ DVD-ROM inserted, try to eject it, because that afect on speed in booting your OS...

Is it possible that there are USB devices connected with drive space (like your moble phone).Then if the BIOS is setup for booting for USB devices , it will look at all devices for booting up.(may take a while).Look at the boot sequence in your BIOS (the fastest is placing your hard drive first, then CD/DVD/ ROM)If you are using live distibutions of linux on CD/DVD , you have to place the CD/DVD before the hard drive.Mostly the rest I leave just blank, I just fill it in the BIOS when I need it.Another solution for yout problem is don't connect any unneeded USB devices on your computer.or disable booting from USB devices (maybe a bios update is needed for that).Also watchout with charging from USB , it takes some power from the USB port, this power is limited.If you take too much power from the USB ports the computer may getting unstable.Solution for this is using an USB with external power supply.So I think you should better charge your mobile phone the nomal way.

I'm not quite sure why your computer is going so slow, but you can always Rollback your drivers you installed to the previous ones if you need too. Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware (or something close to it) > Click Device Manager and it will be in their somewhere.

Most likely something destabilized your computer, when you took your mobile off the USB, maybe some power surge, that fried one of the ports, and so it hangs when it's checking it... Just a thought... Also, maybe your cache memory died... I had that happen to me, but I was able ti turn it off, leave it like that for a while, then turn it bakc on, and my computer started working again...USB ports usualy have limited power supply, about 500 mA (milli Amps), and your phone might have just pulled a bit too much, and fried the port...Next time, try using regular charger, the one that goes into 220/110V outlet :)

the computer may boot slowly due to several reasonsyou can try using msconfig on run and disable all other programs to load apart from the windows programs.so it will load windows first rather than to load all the other programs.you can also try uninstalling and installing the drivers for samsung phone as it may be possible that the drivers might not have been loaded correctly.