xisto Community
slim

Weird Girl Problems!

Hey,I'm new here. Basically, I'm 23years old. To cut a long story short here's the deal. I have a very close friend and he means a lot to me. He's helped me in many, many ways, both direct and indirect. I have a LOT of respect for him and am always looking out for him. He's basically a Badminton coach and I train with him every morning, and see him every evening. He's also my badminton coach, but more than anything else, a friend and someone to look up to. We hang out a lot and visit movies etc quite often. I enjoy his company, and I'm sure he enjoyes mine too. Now here's the problem. He has a very sweet daughter ( 15years old ) and I treat her specially, for what she is, and because she's my best friends daughter. She's really friendly and mixes around freely. Very down to earth and simply adorable. Dont get me wrong here, but I treat her exactly like I treat my younger sister. She's knows I'm always here for her, and I can go out of my way to help her. I call her sometimes, and she calls me up often too and we generally talk about her studies, other friends, what she'd been up to all day, what she ate etc etc. I'm very comfortable with her and her fathers company. What I feel bad about is when she talks and fools around with the other guys (when we play Shuttle... Other guys in her age group, and one or two in mine ) I dont feel jelous, or angry at anyone, but something eats me up from within and all my mood gets upset, I cant talk and converse properly, I get distracted and keep wondering if it's something I said...I just cant figure it out! Has something like this happened to anyone here? Can anyone help me out? The 2 of them are very, very dear to me and I really dont want anything of this nature to trouble me.Thanks in advance!

Umm.. i guess you feel something more than a friendly relationship to her.Maybe its like if you dont want to share her friendship with others.You are 8 years older than her, so... ummm... do you feel something like love for her?You should think about that.

You are feeling for her as a daughter, dont worry i know excatly what your going through, at this point in time, im loosing my girlfriend fo at least 3 weeks cause she cant handle the steess of having a boyfriend and dealing with her daughter close to being taken away.You feel like the mother, caring, sharing, loving and you dont want her to get hurt, like the parent who saying no sex until your 70 etc. Your looking out for her, and your also trying to show something back to her father.

I agree. I think that you are kind of like protecting her. You have become part of the family. Don't let it bother you. She needs to have a good variety of friends and you need to tell yourself to respect that. Don't let it wreck your relationship with the family. Good luck and keep in touch with that family.

Maybe you are a bit too over protective, because you care more than anyone else for her. You have become a very close friend to her and she to you.It's really not a bad thing it all bud. :)

I can i give some very delicate advice here, currently im sitting on a fence with my ex-girlfriend/gilfriend(Separation, while she is going through a legal battle :)) and my advice is to back off slightly cause any advice you give, or anyway you help her that is slightly viewed incorrectly by her father is only going to land you in troubl with him and your feelings for him.

It sounds to me like they said, you are feeling parental feelings in terms of this girl. Fathers when they are meeting their child's guy friends often have these feelings but they're used in judging the guys, seeing whether they are fit for her or not.Then again, I think I like this view on the topic better. Maybe not the father thing, maybe it's more the older brother protecting the little sister thing. You already said you treat her like you would your little sister, so this is probably what it is. It's similar to how fathers often are, but more understanding. . .or at least one would think.

maybe you have that feeling because you feel that you needs to protect her ??you said you treat her like your younger sister so maybe thats it.you want to protect her like you would protect your little sister.

There many reasons why and yet they probably all contribute to make it one big ball of feelings for the daughter. I really think like i have said, you just protect her as a way for giving back what your coach has done for you. There is nothing like the feeling of giving back to what you have recieved. I say you should come back and let us all know what happend. :P

From where I sit right now, I'd say that you're mearly looking out for a girl you feel the need to protect.However, I can also see possible alterior motives. Have you ever given thought about fooling around with her? At any rate, some guys might not think they're jealous when it comes to stuff like this, but the truth of it is, they are.You don't neccesarily have to come straight out and say it, but you might feel it. When she's out fooling around with other guys, do yuo feel as though you've been used or do you feel your stomach clench? Those are just a few signs of this.You might be overwhelmed that she's doing this. Maybe you want her to be smart about the people she fools around with. Possibly jealousy, maybe protection.You have to make the choice and act accordingly.

read thru all that's been saidthere are possibilities:u like her like a sisteror u actually have fallen for her in rather slow, gentle but sure manner, father's friend or notTake a honest pick and deal with it !!!

my advice, you're friends with her father, so tell her father about the flirting she does with older guys and he can nip it in the bud, or else she may well end up in a horrible situation.