xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AeonLan

Leech Protect Discussion/question Cpanel of Trap17

I am pretty much bugged about the Leech Protect of Cpanel. It contributes a lot on saving my bandwidth and leechers from accessing my folders and sites. But the problem is how can I set it up successfully? I have set the max connections of user for 2 hours to 4 but after a few hours of me getting back to the site I protected, I cannot access it.Unfortunately, I directed all alarms of leeching to my email. I checked my email and suddenly noticed 59 new mails! WT*! That is too many. I saw the IP and all of them was my IP. So in the end, I turned it off. How may I set this up? (Leech Protect)I like the protection but with my experience it seemed to over protect my site.Btw, I use Portable Firefox beta 2 for browsing and the site was a Forum site(The one in my sig).Thanks~ :)

Is it Leech Protection you want or Hot Link disabling?

Hot Link disabling saves your bandwidth by restricting the access to images. Simply name the domains which you wish to allow access to images and nobody else can link to them.

As I understand it, Leech protection disables users from accessing the site completely.

Leech protection from what I have read from the CPanel makes users log in from a specific site with a number of times from a span of time, say, 2 hours.Any suggestions? And btw, no i'm not referring to Hot Linking. I've no problem with HL. ^_~