xisto Community
JasperIk

I'm Not A Christian!

Everyday, I get a "I will pray for you" "god bless" "bless you"... from somebody, for some reason. For awhile, I dealt with it (more when I wasn't so anti-religion), it didn't bother me all that much, i just shrugged it off because it was their belief, and I understood that. Then, it happened more, and more...and I started to think about what it really meant, and then my own beliefs, and i started to get angrier, and more annoyed each time i heard it, until i have been driven to the point of where i am now. Why do i feel so stepped on, and forgotten? Why do people just assume I am Christian, why doesn't anyone understand my beliefs? It seems like everyone believes i have no morals, that i am horrible, that i am...in a sense, evil because i don't worship a god. Why am i so ridiculed? People say other 'religions' are always misunderstood, and treated poorly, but...most religions have one thing in common, they believe in god...or some higher power/s ..its like a special bond, no matter how much they fight and hate each other, they will always have that in common. But what do i have? its like everyone hates me. I get so horrible offended when someone says 'god bless', because i feel like everyone just assumes i believe in god and it makes me feel like no one wants to get to know me, and that they just think everyone is like them. If i say I don?t believe in god, i am ridiculed, but a Christian is allowed to speak freely of their belief for a god? It isn't fair. I believe in evolution, i believe we are related to great apes (NOT monkeys...note the characteristics of humans and gorillas and orangutans, NOT monkeys), and we evolved from ape LIKE creatures. I don?t believe the world was created in what 7 days? I believe the bible, was just a book written for entertainment, god was originally created for people to put blame on. I believe the so called 'virgin' Mary, was probably just like an average 16-25 year old today, scared to be pregnant, and made up a lie... just a fairly big one. I think the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting, and doesn't make any sense. I understand that probably yes, some inbreeding had to probably occur to create anything, plant or animal...but inbreeding from just two people and people being spread to each part of the world? There would have to be an Adam and Eve on every continent. And hell? I believe that is just something they made up for a threat, like "go to your room"|"go to hell"...I refuse to believe in something so evil, especially when supposedly god forgives all, if he forgives all...why is there a hell? A bit contradicting eh? There?s other religions, and i know I shouldn't be nitpicking at mostly just Christianity, but to be honest i have to put up with Christian beliefs in general, far more than any other religion, because a lot of Christian followers are just so damn pushy. I?ve never had a Buddhist come to me, and try to cram their belief down my throat, or a Muslim, a Satanist, or even a pagan (though, don?t even get me started on that religion, along with Wicca).If you are offended by my post, welcome to how i feel everyday when someone tells me 'god bless'

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

What you feel about religions is perfectly fine with me ,after all everyone have their own beliefs,there was time when i myself didn't believe in my religion and later after observing some facts i started believing (i 'm not christian) but that doesn't mean you should have the same reaction,you're right about some people being pushy to convert the whole world to their set of beliefs,things like missionaries go overboard ,they actually go to all poor countries and give the people their some money and tell them to get converted to their religion in return.i really hate such type of people ,this people are the scary type from within and feel their religion should not die ever,according to them most of the times religion is more important than humans and humanity itself.this sort of thing is not only in christians but also some islamics do this thing .These religious people feel that no one have their independent choice and they want to push their religion on other :) .

I am able to understand how you feel, everyone have their own beliefs. Some people can be very pushy at mosts times, but just ignore them, you have your own opinion and no-one can change that!I gnore the ignorants! :):P

And who are you to judge if God exists or not?? There are facts and evidences prooving that God exists and if you want some I am very happy to list them all to you. If you don't beleive in Gid then I don't blame you because you are free. But look at evidences and facts and read some holy books and then judge if God exists or not. Because I assume that you don't beleive in God because you are tooo lazy to go pray in church or temple or mosque... and too lazy to search for evidences and facts prooving Gods existence. But tell you what: you have a chance to go to heavan!! Take it!! Don't let it go away?!! What you will loose?! Just tell me! No one would write 1000 page just to make a story so that people will read it for fun!! You are wrong and again if you need any facts and evidences about God's existence then I am happy to tell you!!

Everyday, i get a "I will pray for you" "god bless" "bless you"... from somebody, for some reason. For awhile, I dealt with it (more when I wasn't so anti-religion), it didn't bother me all that much, i just shrugged it off because it was their belief, and I understood that. Then, it happened more, and more...and I started to think about what it really meant, and then my own beliefs, and i started to get angrier, and more annoyed each time i heard it, until i have been driven to the point of where i am now.

Why do i feel so stepped on, and forgotten? Why do people just assume i am christian, why doesn't anyone understand my beliefs? It seems like everyone believes i have no morals, that i am horrible, that i am...in a sense, evil because i don't worship a god. Why am i so ridiculed?...

. I get so horrible offended when someone says 'god bless', because i feel like everyone just assumes i believe in god and it makes me feel like no one wants to get to know me, and that they just think everyone is like them. If i say i dont believe in god, i am ridiculed, but a christian is allowed to speak freely of their belief for a god? It isn't fair. I believe in evolution, i believe we are related to great apes (NOT monkeys...note the characteristics of humans and gorillas and orangutans, NOT monkeys), and we evoloved from ape LIKE creatures.

I dont believe the world was created in what 7 days?

I believe the bible, was just a book written for entertainment, god was originally created for people to put blame on.

I believe the so called 'virgin' mary, was probably just like an average 16-25 year old today, scared to be pregnant, and made up a lie... just a fairly big one.

I think the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting, and doesn't make any sense. I understand that probably yes...

when supposedly god forgives all, if he forgives all...why is there a hell? A bit contradicting eh? ..

.... a lot of christian followers are just so damb pushy.

Ive never had a buddhist come to me, and try to cram their belief down my throat, or a muslim, a satanist, or even a pagan (though, dont even get me started on that religion, along with wicca).

If you are offended by my post, welcome to how i feel everyday when someone tells me 'god bless'

If somebody says "I will pray for you" , you have to thank him/her because he/she has intention to give you a good present (from his/her point.} and he/she is offering something nice to you.

If some body says "God bless you"..it is good from him exactly as he/she say best wishes or good luck.

These have not to bother you or offend you but the opposite. Your anger is not justifiable. It is not as you feel "its like everyone hates me".

It is not an assumption you are Christian. Christian urged by Jesus to bless even the enemy and not to curse them. He ordered to pray for everyone even the enemies. His disciples ordered to pray to the rulers whatever they are. Because in their opinion, praying to the ruler increase the hope that they will be wiser and take good decision instead of bad ones.

Even you said: "most religions have one thing in common, they believe in God" that mean word "God" is not related to the Christian only.

When they bless you ,they absolutely don't know that you believe in "evolution" and "ape ancestor" or you don't believe that the earth was created in 7 days or you don't believe in Virgin's Mary or called the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting.

While you criticized people for giving the best wishes to you whatever you are, you offend billions by

- saying that the story of t Adam and Eve is disgusting. Bilions of Muslims, Christians and Jews are believing in the story of Adam and Eve.

- Saying the bible is "a book written for entertainment" . Christian and Jews and even Muslims are believing in Bible. Koran have many stories as in Bible and is respect the Bible.

- calling the Christian "just so damb pushy". God forgive you. Don't be offended by this too.

You can believe as you wish and you can discuss the differences but without bad words or laughing..Now day even we know it is wrong to worship Cows, we respect Hindus When we meet them. Also we respect the feeling of the people who worship the Sun now as did the Egyptian before the heavenly religions. Even who are not believer at all or worship some historical individual as Buddha are treated with respect. Why then these all negative feelings.

I think you are living where the majority are Christian and allow but welcomed all other non-Christian. But did you know how you will be and what the majority will press you if you are in Islamic Country or where pHindos or Budists. Take in mind that China is Communist country and this reduce the actions of Budhism. Do you know why India were divided to three countries. Do you know how the relations between remained Muslims and the Hindos in India?. Do you hear about the daily burning of Temples or Mosques there? Be just.

Again please don't be offended by "God bless You" and don't make it complex for you. It is more than saying "best wishes."

Everyday, i get a "I will pray for you" "god bless" "bless you"... from somebody, for some reason. For awhile, I dealt with it (more when I wasn't so anti-religion), it didn't bother me all that much, i just shrugged it off because it was their belief, and I understood that. Then, it happened more, and more...and I started to think about what it really meant, and then my own beliefs, and i started to get angrier, and more annoyed each time i heard it, until i have been driven to the point of where i am now.

Why do i feel so stepped on, and forgotten? Why do people just assume i am christian, why doesn't anyone understand my beliefs? It seems like everyone believes i have no morals, that i am horrible, that i am...in a sense, evil because i don't worship a god. Why am i so ridiculed? People say other 'religions' are always misunderstood, and treated poorly, but...most religions have one thing in common, they believe in god...or some higher power/s ..its like a special bond, no matter how much they fight and hate eachother, they will always have that in common. But what do i have? its like everyone hates me. I get so horrible offended when someone says 'god bless', because i feel like everyone just assumes i believe in god and it makes me feel like no one wants to get to know me, and that they just think everyone is like them. If i say i dont believe in god, i am ridiculed, but a christian is allowed to speak freely of their belief for a god? It isn't fair. I believe in evolution, i believe we are related to great apes (NOT monkeys...note the characteristics of humans and gorillas and orangutans, NOT monkeys), and we evoloved from ape LIKE creatures. I dont believe the world was created in what 7 days? I believe the bible, was just a book written for entertainment, god was originally created for people to put blame on. I believe the so called 'virgin' mary, was probably just like an average 16-25 year old today, scared to be pregnant, and made up a lie... just a fairly big one. I think the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting, and doesn't make any sense. I understand that probably yes, some imbreeding had to probably occur to create anything, plant or animal...but imbreeding from just two people and people being spread to each part of the world? There would have to be an Adam and Eve on every continent. And hell? I believe that is just something they made up for a threat, like "go to your roon"|"go to hell"...i refuse to believe in something so evil, especially when supposedly god forgives all, if he forgives all...why is there a hell? A bit contradicting eh? Theres other religions, and i know i shouldn't be nitpicking at mostly just christianity, but to be honest i have to put up with christian beliefs in general, far more than any other religion, because a lot of christian followers are just so damb pushy. Ive never had a buddhist come to me, and try to cram their belief down my throat, or a muslim, a satanist, or even a pagan (though, dont even get me started on that religion, along with wicca).

If you are offended by my post, welcome to how i feel everyday when someone tells me 'god bless'

If your friends are the same as mine, then don't be offended :) they're not assuming that you're a christian :P even if you're not, they will say that to you :P Christians basically don't care what your religion is, or eve if you don't have one :P They will simply love you B) (..then again, assuming those christian friends of yours are the same as my christian friends :P )

furthermore, it is merely their way of expressing themselves :P for example, you are the type of person that loves a good conversation, and you have a friend that loves gift. if your friend wants to show his/her appreciation for you, he/she would most likely give you gifts. Yes, it may mean not much to you, but it means a lot to your friend. Same way if you try to have a good conversation with your friend. It may mean something to you, but it may not mean much to your friend. ...my point is basically go beyond what they are saying / doing. because in reality, they're not greeting you that to convert you (or because they're assuming you are), they're greeting you those to show their appreciation for you :P

And who are you to judge if God exists or not?? There are facts and evidences prooving that God exists and if you want some I am very happy to list them all to you. If you don't beleive in Gid then I don't blame you because you are free. But look at evidences and facts and read some holy books and then judge if God exists or not. Because I assume that you don't beleive in God because you are tooo lazy to go pray in church or temple or mosque... and too lazy to search for evidences and facts prooving Gods existence. But tell you what: you have a chance to go to heavan!! Take it!! Don't let it go away?!! What you will loose?! Just tell me! No one would write 1000 page just to make a story so that people will read it for fun!! You are wrong and again if you need any facts and evidences about God's existence then I am happy to tell you!!

At first, reading i was like wow people actually accept and agree with me, and then i came to your post.

Who am i to judge if god exists or not? I am human, i have opinions i am on this earth alive, that gives me the right to judge and have my own beliefs. Facts, no...evidence no...Because throughout the years the so called 'facts' can be contradicted by science. For example, i highly do not believe in the devil and many people thought if you were 'crazy' you were possesed by the devil, even though we now know, they were just crazy because their mind wasn't right, they had brain problems, the brain is a powerful thing and it is out of whack, you are capable of doing things that are so wrong, and it has nothing to do with the so called devil. Facts, and Opinions/Beliefs are not the same. When a picture is taken, and there is a glare, or a funny light by someone, people with Christian beliefs say 'oh it is jesus/god', when i look at it...i see the film must have been damaged, or there was something that was shining at the time the picture was taken (glass, braceletts, neckless...).

You say, i am probably just too lazy to go to church and pray. I went to church until i was about 7 on my own, by choice. I prayed off and on for different reasons, I prayed for Princess Diana, she didn't make it now did she? Infact everytime i have prayed, it doesn't do anything. The only reason why prayers are answered, isn't because god was listening, it was just coincidence. I have tried to go to church in the passed few years, and it has done nothing for me, i felt like i was being lectured and talked AT, not TO...and now it wasn't just "that church" it was four other churches, and all left me with the same feeling, god isn't real.

Stories, are written for fun. And, yeah I am sure the bible is a interesting and 'fun' story to read...but so are Stephen King books, and Anne Rice books...now tell me are they real? No, so don't you think it IS possible that the bible was written for pleasure, and not for it to be followed?

As for heaven, I do not believe in heaven. There you go assuming everyone believes in heaven. Heaven and Hell are just like bribes, like candy...just to make everyone be "good". But you know what? I know murder is wrong, I know stealing is wrong...but I don't need god, heaven, the devil, or hell to keep me believing they are wrong. My own mind, my own life experiences have taught me they are wrong, I I I think it is wrong, and it has nothing to do with anything in the bible. I may not follow god, but it doesn't mean i have no morals. Heaven and Hell do not scare me, and I cannot go to any place I do not believe in. I can tell you what YOU WILL be buried/cremated and you will rot. THAT is proven, your body rots. Now whether or not your soul and spirit are taken elsewhere, that is unknown, but atleast I have proof we rot, you have no proof we go to heaven.

If somebody says "I will pray for you" , you have to thank him/her because he/she has intention to give you a good present (from his/her point.} and he/she is offering something nice to you.

I don't have to accept gifts. And it is NOT nice, because it would be like me saying "Australopithecus Bless" For people who don't believe in evolution, that would be offensive.

If some body says "God bless you"..it is good from him exactly as he/she say best wishes or good luck.

These have not to bother you or offend you but the opposite.

My anger is justifiable, see above.

It is not an assumption you are Christian. Christian urged by Jesus to bless even the enemy and not to curse them. He ordered to pray for everyone even the enemies. His disciples ordered to pray to the rulers whatever they are. Because in their opinion, praying to the ruler increase the hope that they will be wiser and take good decision instead of bad ones.

That offends me, because it basically means that all christians think anyone who isn't christian is wrong. Therefore, i have a right to be offended, because i am NOT wrong, and they need to keep their beliefs to themselves, in their church.

Even you said: "most religions have one thing in common, they believe in God" that mean word "God" is not related to the Christian only.

Christianity is so wide spread, that anytime someone believes in god, heaven, hell, and the devil...i refer to it as christian beliefs. And actual christians, do far more pushing then any other religion. But note, i do not go along with any other religion, no matter if they worship god, witchcraft, satan, or the earth.

When they bless you ,they absolutely don't know that you believe in "evolution" and "ape ancestor" or you don't believe that the earth was created in 7 days or you don't believe in Virgin's Mary or called the story of Adam and Eve is disgusting.

Then they should get to know me first shouldn't they? Yes they should. I don't automatically jump into evolution, and such everytime i speak to somebody new.

While you criticized people for giving the best wishes to you whatever you are, you offend billions by

- saying that the story of t Adam and Eve is disgusting. Billions of Muslims, Christians and Jews are believing in the story of Adam and Eve.

- Saying the bible is "a book written for entertainment" . Christian and Jews and even Muslims are believing in Bible. Koran have many stories as in Bible and is respect the Bible.

- calling the Christian "just so damb pushy". God forgive you. Don't be offended by this too.

They may believe in the bible, but it doesn't mean it or they are right. I don't go around threatening their bible, but I do speak up if they try to cram their beleifs down my throat, so they brought it upon themselves.

You can believe as you wish and you can discuss the differences but without bad words or laughing..Now day even we know it is wrong to worship Cows, we respect Hindus When we meet them. Also we respect the feeling of the people who worship the Sun now as did the Egyptian before the heavenly religions. Even who are not believer at all or worship some historical individual as Buddha are treated with respect. Why then these all negative feelings.

WHY is their religion wrong? You have feelings about their religion, like I do about christianity. I don't agree with their beliefs, because they aren't my own, but what if they are right...? You are offending millions, yourself with saying they are wrong, so you are just a hypocrite.

I think you are living where the majority are Christian and allow but welcomed all other non-Christian. But did you know how you will be and what the majority will press you if you are in Islamic Country or where pHindos or Budists. Take in mind that China is Communist country and this reduce the actions of Budhism. Do you know why India were divided to three countries. Do you know how the relations between remained Muslims and the Hindos in India?. Do you hear about the daily burning of Temples or Mosques there? Be just.

Religion is evil. Everyone thinks their religion is better then someone elses, and it isn't.

Again please don't be offended by "God bless You" and don't make it complex for you. It is more than saying "best wishes."

Please don't be offended, when you die...and NOTHING happens to your soul.
Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

Wow, certainly some strong feeling there. I know many people that are like this. It's almost like a stage that everyone goes through. They doubt there religion and break off on their own. I believe it is just a way of showing independence. Since none of these religions or theories have been proven true, you have the right to believe whatever. Personally, I am Christian and do disagree with your comments, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect them. I like free thinkers and people that like to be different. When people say things like "God Bless You," people don't mean to offend you. It's common courtesy. Unfortunately for you, you can't really avoid it. It is just something that has evolved and become a part of this world. I do believe that there is a lot of stereotyping in this world. It's just what has become. People have started wars over these kind of ideas, but there is no point to them. Just because people believe one thing doesn't mean that they should make others believe something else. So, I respect what you have said in this topic, but I will not believe it. Nobody can change who you are or what you believe in, so stick to your ideas. Dare to be different. :)

Edited by husker (see edit history)

one thing I gotta say, because those people have christianity as their religion it is only out of habit that they say "god bless". How can you take the personally? Also not all christians truly believe that created in 7 days stuff or that Adam and Eve just appeared. I sure don't but I still count myself among the christians. I do understand your feelings but you're taking everything way too personally. From what you said it makes it seem like you are just anti-christian. Who do you live by, that they cram religion down your throat? Not one person I know talks about their religion unless someone happens to ask. Do not take this post the wrong way, I am just confused on where you stand, anti-religion, or atheist.

I got a frend that turns on religion beleef christian. Well he's going insane. He use 2 *BLEEP* lol even caught him in the action laft my **bottom** off. Now he's regtion dusent allow it and dusent do it anymore.Hes like your the devil ( ehm saying that 2 a frend? ) and he has his first girl well he was happy he even dident knew if he coud kiss her and how lame is that? After like little whyle she dump him for things she wanted he dident.Hes overexadurating it and has no normal life for his age i regret that. He used 2 be somewhat fun now hes plain old stupid and boring. And if am in problems or w/e he says all pray for you. WTF is that how woud that help me? Am not in heaven or w/e am here now and if i need help I need a doctor or something not a holy person.

At first, reading i was like wow people actually accept and agree with me, and then i came to your post.
Who am i to judge if god exists or not? I am human, i have opinions i am on this earth alive, that gives me the right to judge and have my own beliefs. Facts, no...evidence no...Because throughout the years the so called 'facts' can be contradicted by science. For example, i highly do not believe in the devil and many people thought if you were 'crazy' you were possesed by the devil, even though we now know, they were just crazy because their mind wasn't right, they had brain problems, the brain is a powerful thing and it is out of whack, you are capable of doing things that are so wrong, and it has nothing to do with the so called devil. Facts, and Opinions/Beliefs are not the same. When a picture is taken, and there is a glare, or a funny light by someone, people with Christian beliefs say 'oh it is jesus/god', when i look at it...i see the film must have been damaged, or there was something that was shining at the time the picture was taken (glass, braceletts, neckless...).

You say, i am probably just too lazy to go to church and pray. I went to church until i was about 7 on my own, by choice. I prayed off and on for different reasons, I prayed for Princess Diana, she didn't make it now did she? Infact everytime i have prayed, it doesn't do anything. The only reason why prayers are answered, isn't because god was listening, it was just coincidence. I have tried to go to church in the passed few years, and it has done nothing for me, i felt like i was being lectured and talked AT, not TO...and now it wasn't just "that church" it was four other churches, and all left me with the same feeling, god isn't real.

Stories, are written for fun. And, yeah I am sure the bible is a interesting and 'fun' story to read...but so are Stephen King books, and Anne Rice books...now tell me are they real? No, so don't you think it IS possible that the bible was written for pleasure, and not for it to be followed?

As for heaven, I do not believe in heaven. There you go assuming everyone believes in heaven. Heaven and Hell are just like bribes, like candy...just to make everyone be "good". But you know what? I know murder is wrong, I know stealing is wrong...but I don't need god, heaven, the devil, or hell to keep me believing they are wrong. My own mind, my own life experiences have taught me they are wrong, I I I think it is wrong, and it has nothing to do with anything in the bible. I may not follow god, but it doesn't mean i have no morals. Heaven and Hell do not scare me, and I cannot go to any place I do not believe in. I can tell you what YOU WILL be buried/cremated and you will rot. THAT is proven, your body rots. Now whether or not your soul and spirit are taken elsewhere, that is unknown, but atleast I have proof we rot, you have no proof we go to heaven.

It is true that you are a human and have opinions etc... But your opinion must not be always the same, your opinion can change by other people's thoughts and evidences and facts. If you hated your medicine because it tastes no good then someone told that this medicine is for your own good and health won't you like the medicine because it preserves your health?!!! That's the same thing here!! I think that God didn't answer your prayers because you don't have faith in him, and because you just prayed without really beleiving that God is able to answer your prayers and to respond to them!! YOU SHOULD FIRST BELEIVE IN GOD AND THEN PRAY TO HIM!! You should be first convinced that God truely exists!! Have you tried reading another holy book else than the holy bible like the holy qoran?! I read there that the last day of earth is coming soon. But saying that isn't just eough to proove to yo that the last day in approching isn't it?! And the holy qoran said that God exists and that he is one and that devils exists and angels, hell, heavan etc... but saying that is not ough to proove for people that these truely exists!! and from here the holy qoran wich appeared about 800 after Jesus Christ said that Tall buildings will evade the world!! Didn't that truely happened?! And that is only one of the signs that God gave it to us so that we beleive in him and the last day etc... Another sign that this important book said long before it happend: Weman will progressively put on less and less clothes, people will be more interested in music than in education and God. These are some of the signs that the qoran said before happening and truely happened.

Now here are some of the signs that didn't happened yet but are supposely going to happen: A big mountain of GOLD will be discovered beneath a river in iraq and people will make wars to take it over, a person who makes magic will appear in a country and will say that he is Jesus but in fact he is a fake one and people will be attracted by his magical shows etc... and eventually they will beleive him. I have tons of others facts and evidences that could change your mind about beleiving in God!! I hope when that mountain of gold will appear in Iraq you will said that someone told me this and perhaps you will start beleiving in God, I am happy to tell you more real evidences and facts prooving Gods existence not just some man talking about heavan hell God... But true evidences that I hope the world will take a close look at it and will start beleiving in the O Mighty, my hand is hurting from writing I hope this effort you would change your mind!!! Don't say heavan and hell do not scare because you don't know what are they but I am sure that when you will see hell you will wish if you was sand.
Now I am ready to continue this topic and brake my hand from writing, to convince you that God exist but tell me if you are a little bit convinced by what I just said. If you feel you want to learn more about God, why you should beleive inn him, and to help you solve your problem than, I am ready to do it, and I will keep writing till I convince you that God exists or till both of my hands are broaken!!
Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

@JasperIk

I also think that you're just over reacting :) imagine, drawing conclusions such as "forcing their relgion to you" from "god bless you" :P

well, but your over reaction is ok :P it's just a phase (not the atheist part, but the over reacting part :D) :D

your over reactions are probably just due to the fact that you know very few people who have similar beliefs as you B) that's why you think the christians are "ganging" up on you :P perfectly normal human reaction, but it will wear off through time :P

...btw, religion is not evil :P ...i don't believe in branding something that cannot decide evil or good :P if you think about it, it's another common human behaviour, pointing fingers :P ..but again, it's just a phase (at least for you, i think it is) :P

Well, I can understand how do you feel as I am going through the same stage. But still I think that Christians have this habit and they are not doing this to offend me as some of my Christian friends are really very nice to me and they always have respected my different views on things when people of my own religion call me idiot, stereotyped, weird, poser and all other crap.What do I believe about this God thing is that, once you go to a God in which you believe and he kind of sooths your heart for the moment and you feel relived is because first of all there is no tension at such places and you know that God will help you and so somehow your brain gets convinced that God has done it because for your brain, he is SUPPOSED to do it.I don't say that I am right, but like you I too believe that I am right as long as I have full faith in my myself rather than someone else.Everyday in the morning of the school we are told to pray to God, everytime in the assembly before exams we are asked to pray to God to help us during exams, and yeah many people say "god bless you" and that kind stuff but I just ignore them but now it is really getting over.Just because I have my own morals and I don't follow some of the SUPPOSED morals it doesn't mean that I am immoral and I am a bad **bottom**, just because of my "I DONT CARE" views on somethings I care less about it doesn't mean that I live in total self denial and I don't care about anything.Well, on the holy books parts, I too believe that they are stories as proven facts show that they have been modified and they are the ones who misguide people in religions, Hinduism doesn't consist of 24000+ Gods, they are just the avatars or the different births but there are only 4 Gods, the creator and three other who are interconnected, Jesus is not god, he is Gods son, some people here say that he is God and yeah Islam is not only a religion, it is like obeying to a lifestyle, which if you follow will lead you to a better life although it was a success due to the religion factor in it and yeah Muslims don't worship Prophet Muhammad but they worship Allah and the prophet is only the messenger between the God and the people.Anyways, coming to the point once again, what I feel is, just try to settle things out with your friends by talking to them, they might understand you and for other people, just try to ignore them.Like currently, there is this festival named "Navratri" going on and we have dances, music and everything on this occasion for 9 days and it is very popular in the college people as it is reported as the time when even 14 and 15 year olds get pregnant, y'know obviously know the reason why and this is considered as a shame to our Indian culture although even I don't totally believe in it. One of my friend yesterday told me that, okay dude forget the whole dance thing, come atleast for the "Aarti" (worship) and I got really angry as that was the biggest reason I hate religous festivals and even if I don't thats someone elses religion, call me a *BLEEP* but I it's not that I don't respect other religions, you have your own views but I am sorry to say that you are influenced and it kills the brains thinking power according to me and yeah I have my own but why do we just need to talk about this!

Christians are ridiculed for believing in God too. We're ridiculed most by the scientific community, which is easy to believe.Well, nobody said you were a Christian. You can't stop a Christian from praying for you, or God from blessing you. I'm sorry that Christians seem pushy, but many Christians simply want their friends and family to spend eternity with them in heaven, whether you believe in it or not.God answers all prayers, according to his will. He can answer no if he wants to. Just because we pray about something doesn't mean it will be done.As for your statement, "I cannot go to any place I do not believe in," I don't believe this is true. Perhaps because I'm a Christian, but I believe that there is absolute truth. That is, there may be a million wrong things in the world, but there is one right. If someone lies to you, and you believe it, you're going to live off that lie, and believe it true. But that doesn't mean the consequences of that lie won't affect you.People believe different things, and that doesn't mean we should be discriminating each other. I know that Jesus died for me, and that is my truth. Whether or not you believe it is up to you. You say what if other religions are right? Well, what if Christianity is right?