xisto Community
Zero Ziat

What Was Your First Computer, And How Did You Learn To Use It? After hours of searching which category this fits in, I couldnt f

I can't remember my first computer. It was a while ago. I think it was an ollllld dell. I taught myself how to use it, I gradually learned programs, html, photoshop. I used online tutorials and friends help to learn everything I know.(Well, photoshop wise) I thought software/hardware myself.

A Commodore 64 all those years ago in the late 80s, the cartridges, the 5 1/2 floppys, and the tape recorders.. Some of those games are still classics today. Also liked how it came with the "Basic" programming language as default.PC-Wise, I'd have to say the old Amstrad 386SX with that Mega Drive built in. It was cool at the time, but like most days with PC technology, it quickly got outdated as the more powerful programs and processors were released.

A Commodore 64 all those years ago in the late 80s, the cartridges, the 5 1/2 floppys, and the tape recorders.. Some of those games are still classics today. Also liked how it came with the "Basic" programming language as default.PC-Wise, I'd have to say the old Amstrad 386SX with that Mega Drive built in. It was cool at the time, but like most days with PC technology, it quickly got outdated as the more powerful programs and processors were released.

How did you learn to use it? I've seen a C64 but never got the chance to use one. :S

My first PC was the IBM Personal Desktop Computer MkII, complete with a 14" greyscale monitor and an original HP Deskjet dot-matrix. Ah, happy days. Windows 3.1 never crashed once on me, and all the apps were a lot faster to load too. Castle of the Winds and Kidpix are my main memories of it (me being 5 or 6 at the time). I learned to use everything, amazingly, by going through the help documents! No Internet, and no other people to ask about computers kinda limited the available support. I seem to remember we tried to get Microsoft Bob running at one point. It was a complete flop, but the legacy lives on.

My first Rig.. Well, that was probably the old Acorn I had, my teacher taught me how to use that baby and make a calculator program, I was thrilled! Also the joy of playing games on 8 bit colour and 6.5 Inch Floppys, Ahhhh those were the days!

The first computer I was able to go in my house on was a old 386, I didn't really learn to use it that much as I didn't go on it much. I got the gist of it, but nothing beyond thatThe first computer in my room was a Win95, which I learn how to use by doing whatever I wanted on it. No-one was bothered if I broke it :)

my firs computer "happened" quite a long time ago, i think it was year 1991 and the computer was 286. i remember playing Doom on it, although my father has prohibited me, saying it is not a game for kids:D. through the years i (and my father) were upgrading computer, buying new one, and so did i slowly step by step lerned how to use it. at the beginning i could merly play games, now i can do a hell with computer, and cant imagine my life without it. not taht i am some kind of geek, with no real life, but i am so used to it, that i use it for all kind of things. if i dont know something, i dont go look in a book, i use google, etc.

hmm ... back then, I did not really understand about this hardware-stuff but I'll try to recall :)it was a computer without any hdd but with two 5.25"-floppy drives and a 14"-screen. that's about all I remember :P anyways, my dad taught me how to use it when I was about 3 years old......but he traded it in for a 386 with 33MHz and a hard drive pretty soon...

:) I got my first computer when I was 13 years old, i used it for games only, I was clueless back then, I didn't even knew how to start it up :P After months, weeks and days I slowly learned more everyday, today I know much much more than back then, and I kind of feel stupid if I think back for myself that I didnt even knew how a pc worked! :P

the first time i learnt to use a computer was in my school ,i did grab all the time playing game on a school computer,than i started using cybercafe at 12 or 13 ,that's when i came to know about something like internet ,and how cool it is ,i used it to send emails to my dad in his office and after sometime i got a pc at home ,the gard drive of the pc consisted only games and nothing else, i becama a game addict playing only games ,after sometime i got an internet connection at home and that's when i actually learned that pc's could be actually used in many places including earning money and not only to play games or gettung grades making sheets in excel and word in school.studying computer engineering today is also actually boring now a days because they teach you a lot of unnecessary things,yet i am glad pc was built or else i would be writing a post card today instead of sending emails and would be reading books and spending hours to find the information which i could get with a click today :) just wanted to born a few years back ,so i wouldn't have missed so many opportunities :P

i first started using my very first computer when i was in the 4th grade... it's operating system is windows 95 and i was just using it to play games... :) like lion king, b-thorne, batman etc... my uncle taught me the basics...

I never actually owned a computer, (I use a laptop now) I used to just randomly borrow my parent's computer to do homework or something. I haven't really entered the world of the internet until about 3 years ago. And I've been using this computer (laptop) since then.

its been a long time so i dont remember the type but i guess it was a 386 ,i got to use it fully on my own when my brother brought a new one, as for learning how to use it nobody taught me , i learned by myself , nut then i did not have internet connection so was not able to browse or learn internet , i just had to do with ms office and corel drwa ,but that itself was awesome at that time since i was a freak to desining stuff

I dont remember the brand of the first computer we had, it could have been barebone build by my dad. I remember I was like 6 years old, and I liked to play computer games, so my dad explained the basics to me. It was just DOS back then, and it was really cool because I had to figure out how to install, and run new games, and even download some from a bbs. That was really cool, I remember games like the whole commander keen series, the duke nukem, crystal caves, donkey kong, etc.