xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vietonline

Should Students In School Show Pda's Public displays of affection

I'm a little confused. There really isn't any other "mature" way to show PDA, or at least nothing that I've really seen. So are you saying that there should be more PDAs? I guess you could dance in the hall if you really wanted.

No, I don't think students should show public displays of affection. First of all, I'm assuming you're talking about high schoolers, and most high school couple won't be getting married. Save it for your spouse! Also, school is a learning environment. It can be social too, but it's not the best place to show your affection.

Personally, I think that schools should be gender-specific and that children should be divided depending upon their ability to learn, meaning the smarter people will be put ahead and the slower ones held back. Of course, that's what schools are SUPPOSED to do, but don't.

Well from my point of view it depends of the place where people demonstrate affection, for example if you are kissing a girl in the middle of a hall or alone in some classroom well obviously it means something more than just friends or something related... if you want to take her hand it wouldn't be a problem would it? what's more who cares about what you feel about your girlfriend?, i also think that if your school have rules those must be followed you should do.. so respect your school rules (yeah some of them are nasty) to avoid problems, now if you are looking for show your feelings at class or in the middle of a big hall with some teachers or older people that diserves being respectful with them then be respectful in order to receive respect from them and to be taken serious by them....

haha, Hmm, an interesting one this, I have just been at a private school for 5 years, and PDAs were strictly forbidden. I mean anything, holding hands, a peck on the cheek, anything at at all was to be kept out of school. Violating this was a seriously punishable offence. I am now at a state college, where the total opposite is true, there are more or less no rules. There are no real discipliary measures other than to boot the offender out of college. My girlfriend and I have both been to the same school and are now at the same college. the amount of PDAs that we give each other has not changed at all. We are not the kind of couple who stand in the middle of corridors pulling. I think that is quite a vulgar thing. Yesterday I just went out of a Geography class and saw two people kissing full on. I certianly didn't expect it, and didn't really want to see it either. So I can understand and sympathize with the people who dislike seeing it. However, we do walk round with our arms round each other or holding hands. I give her a kiss goodbye on the lips when we go to our own lessons. But there is nothing more than that. We save all the full on stuff for out of school. I'm no exhibitionist!My point is, like all laws, people will disobey them if they want to, there is no point making PDAs illegal and being strict upon it, but it is something that should be frowned upon if done in excess.

Edited by Hakkera (see edit history)

public display shouldn't be banned in school but should be limited ,like holding hands and kiss is okay after all highschooler's are also humans but beyond that i don't think one should go ,but yet it should remain individual choices ,my school didn't aloow actually much of this but yet there are exceptions everywhere , i remember one of my friend was caught in school doing something like that and after than when the pricipal was about to punish him somehow he was arguing with him probably for 45 minutes about where he was touching and where he was not :) ,i think if one is in a relationship he should be responsible about what other think about them . why do things like this in school while you can go out have fun ,school is a place for education i suppose not your home where one could do anything they want :P

They forbid it at our school for some strange reason, I don't really see all the fuss about it! Its just a quick hug. But I guess if you really want to you can run down the hall naked singing Britney Spears :):P

I am against public displays of affection in schools. This may sound mean, but last year there were these two really ugly freshmen who would always make out in the halls and on the bus. It was really sickening. That kind of put me off of the whole idea of PDAs.

in my school people are allowed to hug, hold hands but i haven't seen people kiss, either their too shy or the school doesn't allow it. i think some PDA is ok but going too far can cause other things.........

It seems to me that it's better to show affection than to shoot one's fellow classmates.

This being a tech site, I read PDA = Palm Pilot. Then I was going to go onto this be speil about in locus prentes and the case in Mass. where school officals wanted to take student cell phones and see who they've been calling and texting under the context of drug enforcement....

During the time I've been at school I've seen people regularly hugging, and those in long-term relationships at least kissing before departing, etc etc.. but that is as far as it goes from what I've seen at schools.

Well, if students do start showing such Public display of Affection, the purpose of schooling could differ... I guess it should not be there .... Though there is nothing wrong in having an annual ball , i think it should not cross the border. And you do not want school students moving out of school with a spouse already !!!!