xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wacky_stu

Is 15 To Young To Start Drinking? Just wondering what effects getting drunk in the weekends has on my mi

Drinking effects your judgement, and you have a much slower reaction time then you would normally. At a young age I think it effects you more. I'm not really sure about long term effects except you might continue drinking when you are older but you can't let it get out of hand. Make sure you aren't driving or with anyone that is driving drunk. I wouldn't really suggest drinking at a young age especially if it's under the legal age.

even if you drink make sure you don't drink more ,as in the long term it causes liver problems and many other problems in pancreas.even i drank at 15 but ver very occasionally and be sure not to get caught because its not a legal age to drink :)

In many cultures, drinking is acceptable at younger ages, but rarely does a culture or society approve of drinking to excess. (See also, BH's comments about killing brain cells in the posting he made to the joke about brain cells being like Buffalo.)It isn't that drinking might be bad for you, I don't know too many people who actually waited to be 'legal age' before having a drink, but regardless of your age, it is important to recognize the factors which lead to drinking, and the effects which result and how it might influence or impact your future.Factors which led to drinking at a younger age include: : 'the cool factor': all the cool people do it, so I want to be cool, too. : peer pressure: I think I must drink to stay in touch with my friends and not be excluded from the group.: situation : Family or school issues causing 'stress' in your life.: escape from the pressures of life: nope, drinking won't make them go away.Effects of drinking? : physical: hangovers take time to cure and you feel like *fill-in remark here*.: emotional: doesn't really solve any problems, but could create more... ie:drinking and driving? fighting? pregnancy?: social: as a result of the consequences of inappropriate behaviours while drunk, you receive a 'stigma' which people won't forget any time soon. Criminal records don't go away, for example.And, of course, unless you are an exceptional person, the cravings for the euphoric state of drunken-ness may increase to the point where drinking becomes your life and life-style. Alcohol might only be the beginning of your search for an escape.I believe you would be better to NOT drink at that age, but if you do, please be careful to not drink to excess, don't drink and drive whatever you do. Call a taxi. they are cheaper than the lawsuits.

It may seem like all fun and games now, but it can quickly get out of hand. I don't know about brain cells (though I've probably lost a whole bunch), but I started drinking around age 15. Part to fit in and part to escape a tough family situation. I found it was a great escape. I loved being drunk, kept getting drunk, and eventually stayed drunk as often as possible. My friends didn't want to be around me, my family knew something was up with me, but I wasn't about to tell them. I was hooked. I stayed good and drunk for the better part of 7 years. It's a hard thing to stay away from once your that involved. Think of why your doing it, how it makes you feel, where your see yourself in the future. Believe me, you don't wanna be where I've been. It lead to much worse things.

IMO, drinking is ok as long as its moderate :) and please, DO NOT DRINK TO IMPRESS ! ! ! :P it's too obvious when you're just drinking to impress others :P and because of that, you'd look like a fool :D ..just drink to have fun, not to impress B) but still, drink moderately :Pas to drinking at a young age, not really sure how detrimental the effects are. however, from what my experience, most people who do crazy sh*t before college, and control their sh*t once they're in college :P those who just learned to do those stuff in college, tend to be more ouf of control...i don't know why...maybe they're trying to make up for lost time or something :P for me, drinking at the age of 15 is ok. just be responsible enough and don't over do it, or don't blame the alcohol when you do somethign stupid afterwards :P IMO, better to learn those things before college because you'd probably over do it during your first years.....after that, the next lesson would be balance :P hopefully, that's something you'll learn during your first year in college (or even sooner) :P

This is where those PSHE lessons may actually have a use :) Basically, alcohol destroys your brain cells, and as your brain is still developing it isn't a good idea to go killing your brain before its even had a chance. I know that in countries like France it is socially acceptable for children to drink, and even here in the UK some parents allow kids to drink with their meals (legally you can drink from 3 years old). If you drink witha meal then the effect of the alcohol is less that drinking when you have an empty stomach, so try and eat when you drink. To avoid the effects of dehydration, drink a pint of water per pint of alcohol you consume (generally, depending on the % vol). As long as it is in moderation then the effects are very short term, and can even be beneficially according to some people.

The danger dosent come fron the brain cell althought i does a little of damage it doent compare with the one on the stomach(in my idiom higado), and it kill the cell there (in my idiom hepatocitos), and you can get sirrosis, a very horrible and mortal deseace

i started drinking at a very young age, and i have to say i really regret it now. ive stopped drinking almost a year ago (im only 18) after being a heavy drinker for nearly 4 years (yeah, i started at about 12, and got really into it when i was 13) really, its not worth it. you may have some fun, but in the end you come out paying the price for it. sure, i believe its OK in moderation, but at such a young age, 'moderate' doesnt make much sense.i really saw the effects of drinking when i was younger, my grades dropped and everything, and even after i quit drinking, i hardly graduated because my previous grades had been so bad

well are you sure you want to drink? do you fell it is right to drink at that age?.... first af all does your country allows you to drink at your actual age? if the answer is not as i guess it is then you mustn?t drink now and wait some years in order to start drinking :-) hehe buuut as i also guess it doesn't make any sense for you and your friends to start drinking at a higher age i think you should first think if it is right for you to drink....what made you drink? and also what makes you drink in the way you do it? did you have an invitation that start all the drinking?.... do not start something by invitation from friends... friends are excellent for talking and for supporting but when you received a bad invitation then think about it very carefully and also very reasonable.I know it is exciting to drink but are you ready to do it? or do you thik you should do it? if not then just go away from there and start again... i have always thought that if you are unsure about something then say no.... sometimes we just do things just because other people do it... but it you are not sure about doing it then do not doi it!!....About your question on your brain problem... there are no problems that i know so far... in fact the only part i have heard you hurt is your libber and well if you hurt it you might not be able to drink things as coffee or any spicy products...Hope it helps

if you feel like you are ready to drink than there is no-one (except the law officials:D) that can prohibit you that. but beware, one thing is drikking with friends, the other is drinking your self to death on a party and than being proud about it. that is just discusting. if you got to drink, than drink until you can still stand and walk and than stop. atleast untill you grow a little bit older :)

:) Some cultures have no problem with teenagers drinking at a young age, I don't have a problem with it, aslong as you take the responsibility of whats gonna happen when you are drunk. :P If you feel you are willing to take the responsibility then fine, so be it, get wasted then :P

During the teen years, the brain is still developing. Drinking during that stage is much worse than drinking when you're older because it can hurt the brain cells that are forming in addition to the ones that are already there. If you drink a lot as a teen but stop completely, some stuff can reform, but it's still a really bad idea.