xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
richierich1m

How To Set A Password In Bios the password is asked during start up

first let me tell you what is setting a password in bios isthe password set at bios is asked when you start your pc even before your operating system is bootedheres the steps1.as soon as you start your pc press 'del' or 'Esc' continiously and you'll find the bios screen 2.when you spot the bios screen go to the security sectionin security section there are two option of setting password1.admin pass - you can't del this pass in bios without knowing the password(only for advanced users)2.user pass - you can delete bthis password from bios even if you don't know the password3.To set admin pass word write the password in the space provided confirm it againsave and exit4.To set the user pass give the old pass if enabledor write the new pass in the space providedconfirm itsave and exitand your password is savesnow no one can start your pc w/o the passhope this tutorial helped everyone

I highly recommend not doing it. This effectively locks your whole computer. If you forget it then theres no hope. If you want to lock your computer effectively, set up user accounts on your Operating System, that way if you forget your password you can adleast re-install Windows XP.Most secure company and school networks have this option blocked as well. Only really old computers have it.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Duplicate material removed.

There is a way to dislock by opening the cpu caseinside there is a little button, there is no other, which by touching that you cut the buckup energy to the mother, its not dangerous you only will lose the clock time and the bios password

Somehow the BIOS knows what digital is so that knowledge has to be incorporated or recorded into the chip.The chip itself is metal oxide so the process is a magnetic recording process.The magnetic material in the chip has to be electronically demarkated for bits to be diferentiated.I will say here that the higher the clock frequency the more bits can be fit into the same space.I would also say that the frequency of DC is infinite or the frequency of an orbiting electron.BIOS frequencies would be in multiples of infinity.There would be a pre BIOS that would set up the substrate for digital amd a pre pre BIOS that would set up the magnetic material as a perfect or amenable environment.The BIOS would be written with modules of voltage and frequencies.12vdc plus to 12vdc minus would you the range to digitally pulse out a 24 sine wave.-reply by Balthor

how to set password to compaq pcHow To Set A Password In Bios

I want to set bios password to my pc,but I set password .This password is not asking me while restarting my computer(to enter into pc) and if I want re install my os then also not asking me the password>why so.

how set bios password to compaq pc.

-question by shyam

Bios passwords are easily circumvented by taking the hard drive out and putting it in another computer, or by starting the computer with the biois jumper in the reset position.

I highly recommend not doing it. This effectively locks your whole computer. If you forget it then theres no hope. If you want to lock your computer effectively, set up user accounts on your Operating System, that way if you forget your password you can adleast re-install Windows XP.
Most secure company and school networks have this option blocked as well. Only really old computers have it.

Windows passwords are no challenge for anyone with experience!

how to set password to compaq pcHow To Set A Password In Bios

I want to set bios password to my pc,but I set password .This password is not asking me while restarting my computer(to enter into pc) and if I want re install my os then also not asking me the password>why so.

how set bios password to compaq pc.
-question by shyam

The password you have set is a bios pasword rather than a startup password. It prevents people makinf changed top your bios settings. Setting a startup password varies, check your motherboard manual or search via google/other search engine.

operating system restarterd when i open computerHow To Set A Password In Bios

the operating system has blocked my Bios system and is asking for password but when I had inastall windows xp service pack 2 I have not set any password .When I starting my computer that is open but restart again and again and that is not working properly.I have not any idea what is the main problem having my computer.And when I insert xp cd in the cd rom that is blocked and is not open means operating system needs password so please give the right solution to this problem.

-reply by vikash

how to unset bios and turn-on password?How To Set A Password In Bios

Hi I just set a bios and turn-on password. Every I turn on the computer, it always ask the turn-on password, and every I get into the bios it always ask the bios password. I know it save, but day by day I found that is disturbing.

Can you tell me the step to unset bios and turn-on password? thank you for your help, please send to my e-mail :D

-reply by sangadji