xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Webber

Instincts Do We Live By Them??

Well, we all like to believe that we are really well developed, respecting creatures (try and conclude that when you go out on a friday night..), but the truth is, I think were all governed by our basic instincts and animal urges. Think about it, that urge, to be with someone you love, that's mating, it's instincts -- you can try and hide from instincts, but as soon as your in a situation that require immediate response or your in a new situation your instincts kick in, automatically. So.. can you change your instincts?? Think about it, you don't know how to fight - well, if we hadn't been so reliant upon people and products for the past hundreds of years, then we'd all be able to fight already, but if you take up martial arts training, then your instincts change. When once you would simply hide behind your arm, you keep your head up and punch straight automatically.... Why is this??? Has anybody else had any instinctive reactions?? I just wanted to get a little more intouch with who we really are, as creatures, naturally... I want people to react with how they feel when they have a fight, or get themselves into a dangerous situation........

People spend hours and hours infront of the computer and the TV. That's not natural instinct. Turning on the lights when you enter a room and turning them off when you leave the room is not an instinct, its a habit. You say with martial arts your instinct changes, but that's your reflexes and habits changing. It doesn't count as instinct anymore.I do, however, believe that if people were to like in your example all become amazing martial artists and they did this for thousands of years, their children would have less trouble learning it and maybe after millions and millions of years might have some sort of fighting instinct at the age of five or so. I have no science to back this up, but I'm just going by that I suppose our bodies would work better eventually for martial arts... Just like our ancestors couldn't walk straight up on hind legs but now babies can do it after about two years of living, maybe the same will apply for karate.... That's a weird thoughts. Black belt babies :XD: