xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arbd

A Case For More Beer Another one. I think Ill stop with the stories though.

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members. In much the same way the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills off brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Moved to Jokes.Please become more familiar with the Forum structure and post Topics in the correct sub-forum. Thanks

I dont understand this point of yours. sorry im not very nice at speaking english i studied only a small time but my point is that buffalos are fastest. They are one of the fastest alive land creatures. by that i mean that they can escape from attacks and they are also ver y strong indeed. I have seene buffalo and study buffalo for over one year. very fascinating animals so i think you are wrongl Maybe you say this is joke i can fully agree because you dont happen to be a profesor like me and study animals i guess. So in long term buffalos will slowly develop if we humans wont hurt its foood chain. in that wway we can create a more sustainable nature for all of use.Sorry for my bad english. i have not study very much language and so on and so fouth so i thank you for this =) i think this forum is nice plase for me to learn this language one step more maybe. so thanks for this and thanks for all this host. soon ill make my science homepage.thanks

Logically your point makes sense, arbd, but a brain--especially human brain--is far more sophisticated than herd of buffalos (no pun to my name :))It is true that alcohol will supress majority of brain functions. But the brain has the ability to bypass the malfunctioning axon and remap the brain path. This has been proven over and over for many years. For example, a blind person developing an extra sense of higher hearing to move through daily tasks of life.The "slow" axon of brain cell will slowly fade or die away while a new neuron will emerge and relink the missing axon. But the rate of regeneration of new neurons will slowly fade away as we age. The only way to replce these missing axons by new neurons is to keep stimulating the brain with new information and training them to retain and recall. That why learning never stops and should never stop. But this is another topic.Alcohol is bad for your body only if you abuse it--and many of us do abuse it. And by no means I'm condoning alcohol consumption. A moderate consumption is what I'm referring. But alcohol does not lead to attacking just weak brain cells. Brain cells die whether you do or not do. It's a normal biological function. And there's no order of which cells die out first. I think instead of making an effort of keeping what is remaining of brain cells, make an effort to regenerate as much as we can.

What Buffalo said lol. Here's the way I see it. You only have a certain number of brain cells. If you keep killing the slow ones, eventually they would all die. At one point there is always a weaker cell in back, so killing it does no good. You need all of your brain cells. Anyways, it's just a joke so I shouldn't think to hard.