xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AeonLan

String Theory And The Ten Dimensions Of The Universe Advanced physics theories

String Theory and the Ten Dimensions of The Universe

Recently I have found out about string theory. Most of the people on earth only knows that there only exist three dimensions(width, length, and height) and a fourth dimension which is the difference of a matter from one time point to another. And according to String Theory there exists six more spatial dimensions that are uknown or unnoticeable by a person.

Basically, String Theory uses vibrating strings with a planck length, 10^-35m, as a fundamental element of the universal not points. With this, physicists are able to define 10-11(10 + 1, the zeroth dimension) dimensions that aren't possible to define by points.

Any ideas of how this will solve the current unsolved mysteries of the earth? :)

Will String Theory be the answer to all? The theory that generalizes the universe as a whole?

And if you're interested in WHAT these theoretical 10+1 dimensions are:

Imagining the Tenth Dimension

Click the 0 (zero) at the bottom of the spinning molecule-thingie to start the animation and lecture. While the actual concept blows my mind, the explination is simple and easy to follow.

Requires FLASH and working audio, unsure of the exact specifications of each.

And if you liked this, be sure to check out What the Bleep Do We Know? to REALLY blow your mind. Currently saving pennies to buy the "Down the Rabbit Hole" version. ^-^

Whoa, man! That totally blowed my mind! I do understand enough of it, though, in parts, fragments and pieces :) The site totally killed my dialup but in the end, I 'm glad it was all worth it.I'll look into it and see how it'd fit in the mysteries of thw world. (Although the word "teleportation" seems a lot clearer to me now.So... basically, if someone is "magically" transported into... I dunno, a world of cheese, jelly, faeries and elves, he, or she, did not actually breach the 5th dimension but actually the 6th, 7th or one of the higher dimensions? Kewl, so amazing!

HOOOO!! :) This topic is exitante friends on the unknown thing knowing that the universe is a black infinite mantle in which they find all the planets and stars. Of this universe that we know there are born this theories of secret dimensions like that as the black holes betweenof that disen that attract everything what this fence with a great gravitational force and them they give the orders to another dimension it is not known if it is true but the scientists suppose good it this it was my response jejeje I hope that they all continue contributing his ideas Remember that the life is mysterious if we all contribute our ideas talvs the understand a little little . :)

Cientists say that the universe was formed by the big explosion of Big Bang and some say that the planets are atracting them selfs and some day the Big Crunch will appen and the universe will form a glowing rock of energy ready to blow

I watched the flash movie explaining the dimensions according to string theory... is it bad that I got confused on the 3rd dimension? You can tell i'm a spazz :). Although it is 5:10 am for me right now....

What's disturbing for me is that the given "visualization" of the tenth dimension assumes that our universe is probabilistic. For years, I have been living life, thinking that the universe I live in is entirely deterministic: simply put, that anyone who has the capacity to know the exact location and velocity of every particle in the universe has the means to predict the future. As a consequence, I have only been able to accept up to four dimensions only.However, when I have recently stumbled in this forum upon posts that link to other credible articles, I see that the probabilistic universe may actually be a reality.I'm not ready to give up my philosophy yet. Maybe there's still chance that the "ultimate unifiying law of physics" will finally prove that the universe was not so random after all :)

String theory is still one big part of all of this I don't understand :)I get it...sorta, but I feel as if I'm missing alot...The 'strings' are...a particle, correct? Like an electron or proton but much more fundamental. This is where my understanding stops, I don't see how it ties into dimensions... I'm really misinformed about the string theory I think, though, anyone know of a good internet article on it? I like the wikipedia-type format, so I might check that out to start to get some basic info on it.

Thanks for the website! I had a basic idea of what it was, but this clarified it more. Plus, now I got something to chat about with my physics teacher.