xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

Nvidia Geforce 6200 Rendering Problems

This has been an issue for many years now but it has really started to bother me as of late. Whenever I play any game, after about 30-40 minutes, the rendering of the graphics start to have problems. At times there are black patches, pointed edges sticking out of the screen's display and things like that. I do not know what is the problem? I suspect it is a compability issue and as a result these 'wierd' things are occurring but can anyone help me? I will give you a list of my system capatibilities

SYSTEM

PENTIUM? 4 CPU 2.66 GHz

2.67 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

DISPLAY

NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Chip Type: GeForce 6200

DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC

What other information do you require me to deliver to you in order to effectively diagnos my problem?

I would appreciate if someone could actually help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Edited by darran (see edit history)

If you are windows try to update your DirectX to the latest DirectX.Then, maintain an update for latest drivers of your video card.Lastly, have an efficient cooling system for your hardware. We must take care of the heat efficiency inside the box. Most 3D-based and graphic intensive games heat up the CPU fast. For example, I have a 256MB 256mbit Video Card and Sempron Processor with 1GB of RAM and still whenever I play Heroes V and/or Ubisoft games like Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell, it only takes 5-10 minutes for my PC to heat up to 50 degree Celsius! Thus, I added fans and moved the PC to a better place for a more efficient air flow around the PC.Hoped I helped. ^_~

Okay man, I will try downloading DirectX and Nvidia drivers againI am afraid a cooler is something I cannot afford at this point of time. But I have a fan blowing at it to ensure that it does not get too hot. I am not exactly playing graphics intensive games, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 cannot be considered graphics intensive can it?Anyway I will do what you ask, and see whether that helps.Thanks for the suggestion anyway

I did what you suggested but still there is no change in the rendering of graphics. I am afraid the versions of the drivers is not an issue but rather the compatibility of the hardware and my computer. Anyone else can help?

Look at the firmware in your videocard, its bios coud be damaged. Posible restore it? Have you even e-mail nvidia or lookd at there support desk?And also how much rpm dus your cooler dus. If you say after 40min gaming it coud be your card is simply overheated. Most older cards have that small coolers or even larger 1ns but basic bad things that do low rpg and low cooling. So vid cards get massif temparatures. You coud revieuw your temparature of your videocard for that problem.Also ye standard software updating gues that wont help tho.

I am sorry, I am a complete idiot in this area. How do I check for the bios of a graphic card? I don't think it could be a cooling problem because ever since I got this graphics card, this problem has been there.