xisto Community
AeonLan

Ufo Propulsion. What do you think?

IMHO, they are not nuclear reactors. In my perception, some of the reactors are built to emit antimatter and oppose, therefore, matters around it in a circular way that it would create an enormous amount of lift and speed. It's like they're opposing every matter as if it were magnets with different poles.

Reading this, my heart skipped a beat at the sheer danger that process entails. See, let's have a piece of matter called electron and its corresponding antimatter called positron. They collided with each other. As a result, both particle and antiparticle were obliterated. Gone. Kaput. Wiped out from existence. In their stead was a photon, a discrete packet of massive energy.

That was just one matter-antimatter collision. Now imagine firing off a steady stream of antimatter. In effect, UFO's would have a constant ka-blam field surrounding their ship and, as far as we know, UFO's aren't really that loud. Imagine driving an aircraft constantly enveloped by an atmosphere of explosions. Whew!

Also, anti-matter does not repel matter. It obliterates it, kamikaze style. :)

But using anti-matter reactors... well, verrry advanced civilizations could probably make them as small as an Ipod, what's to stop them from powering UFO propulsion systems. It'd generate tremendous energy but the question still remains, how do they harness that energy to "float" in space?

Supposivley there was something on the history channel a few months ago, and on that show, they talked to a guy who claims he worked for the milliatry at Area 51. In his interview he said he helped fix and get running an actual UFO. He stated that it used a nuclear reactor and reverse gravity. I am skeptical on this guys statements, but hey it made for soem good TV.
I will agree with your 3rd option. o manipulate light would also explain the way they travel at supposive high speedswithin the blink of an eye and the impossible 90 degree turns.

I've thought about this several times and always come up with a nuclear powered reverse gravity. Interesting someone else has thought so. If intelligent beings on another planet could harness an element from their own planet that produced our equivalent of nuclear energy, maybe it could produce an anti gravity.

I have some thoughts:1. Heat waves that emit out faster then the air around it making trust. You could also use radio waves or sound waves.2.We could also use some kind of air truster like jets on the underside witch can be pointed in different drections. And trust high speed air out. But this would creat noise. And UFO's don't make noise. But we could also use some kind of lightwave propulsion. But this would make light. Unless it was a very low wave.3. They might have made some other kind of wave. Maybe a thought wave. They just have to think to move. Or maybe a touch wave. They point in the direction. Or maybe even a smell wave!4. I don't think there would be any UFO's because they would have to travel along way.

I don't know much about UFO propulsion... guess nobody really knows :) ... except maybe the guys in Aria 51. Anyway I think the most important thing in space propulsion is range and speed. That means you have to travel a long way will a small quantity of fuel and fast enough to get you you want in a generation or so.Considering those facts I think the best technology (if you can call it that since it is only in theory) would be Star Trek's warp drive. It may sound weird but the guys at NASA are really taking it serious. If antimatter really exists you could find it everywhere in space, literally everywhere. So you don't have to store it anywhere you just take what you need from space. Once again, if antimatter does exist it is thought to be the next step in energy after nuclear fusion. It gives much much more energy and in theory you can practically use any kind of matter to create the reaction.Matter and antimatter reaction is only a part of the propulsion system. You have a very efficient engine, but how can you make a ship travel near the speed of light and above it (if that is possible of course... which to this day is impossible according to the Einstein's theory... on the other hand there have been some experiments recently with particles that were accelerated beyond the speed of light which may prove it is possible although way out of our present knowledge). Star Trek's warp drive worked on a simple principle. It is hard to make a ship travel beyond the speed of light, so why not compress the very fabric of space in order to fly faster. In theory the engine makes a bubble around the spaceship. In front of the spaceship space is compressed (just like when you have a piece of paper and you want to get from one corner to the other you foil the paper and voila) and behind the spaceship space is expanded.I believe in the UFO phenomenon and I think that if a species lives long enough it can do anything with the help of science. There is no limit when you have millions of years of civilization, of science and knowledge behind you. We have gone so far in the last 100 year, I can only imagine what it will happen in the next 100 years, but even imagination is not enough if you think how the world will look in 5000 or 10000 years. maybe then even the distant stars will not be a limit...

1. Heat waves that emit out faster then the air around it making trust. You could also use radio waves or sound waves.

Problem is that heat and sound travel through the air, and therefore cannot move "faster" than the air it is moving through.

2.We could also use some kind of air truster like jets on the underside witch can be pointed in different drections. And trust high speed air out. But this would creat noise. And UFO's don't make noise. But we could also use some kind of lightwave propulsion. But this would make light. Unless it was a very low wave.

If you turn on a flashlight and set it on a desk, it does not move. The fiction against the air far surpasses the thrust generated by photons. The only feasable way to use light itself to move, as far as we know, is via solar sails, and that is because they reflect the photons. From every light source, photons are given out in all directions. True, we can focus the light, but the photons are still putting the same amount of thrust all around the source, thus cancelling out any thrust it may create.

3. They might have made some other kind of wave. Maybe a thought wave. They just have to think to move. Or maybe a touch wave. They point in the direction. Or maybe even a smell wave!

Neither thoughts nor smells exist in "waves."

They might have made some other kind of wave. Maybe a thought wave. They just have to think to move. Or maybe a touch wave. They point in the direction. Or maybe even a smell wave!

No. That's crazy. Although I am aware Copernicus was once called crazy too :)

I don't think there would be any UFO's because they would have to travel along way.

I initially thought this statement was true but then, my mental gears churned out some ideas:

1. UFO's are almost always assumed to be alien spacecraft. If so, they will be traveling long ways, unless they live just on the other side of the moon.

2. Then there is also the possibility that if UFO's were crafted by non-human sapient civilization, they might not even be from other planets. They could be here too, living on the ocean depths, in the asthenosphere or, like I said, on the dark side of the moon.ote from Futurama:

3. It is also possible that they are man-made. We have the technology but we're not telling :)

So, you see, UFO's may non-necessarily be extra-terrestrial technology.

Technically, UFO's are just anything moving or suspended in midair, which you cannot identify. So if you're really young and have seen a balloon floating in air for the first time, you technically have seen a UFO :rolleyes:

If you turn on a flashlight and set it on a desk, it does not move.

I've been thinking about this... If, for a moment's suspension of belief, light does propel something using Newton's Third Law of Motion, then a really, REALLY, REALLY powerful laser might do the trick. However, with the number of UFO sightings worldwide, such a propulsion technology would have probably burned the planet off a long time ago.

I'm not sure if I already shared this; if I did, allow me another chance to share a qu

The engine does not propel the ship forward. Instead, it moves the entire universe about it.

Boy, that'd be fun, hm? Difficult to maneuver, yes, but still fun, nonetheless :rolleyes:

There is always the possibility that humanity could have come to a technological climax in the past that eventually left us without any records. In other words, maybe humanity has colonized the stars many times over, we just forget how. Case in point, the steam engine was first invented in Rome during the first century AD, and the steam-powered train was even proposed, although it was dismissed as a bad idea, due to how it would leave Rome with a bunch of slaves who had been busy transporting people without a "job". Yet, the concept was forgotten for another seven hundred years, before it again began to pick up steam (if you'll pardon the pun).As far as UFO propulsion goes, I'd say that, based on what I have read and seen in articles/documentaries, we're pretty much stuck here in the Sol system, at least for the foreseeable future.