xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CarlU

What's Your Blood, Ancestry, Heritage Etc

I am 1/4 Spanish 3/4 Filipino:) Nice to see pinoys here.My mother's parent, my grandparents are from Spanish Clans back then, before the Americans took over Philippines from the Spanish.

i like to concider myself 1/2 irish and 1/2 itilian, but i am really 1/2 irish, 1/4 itilian, and 1/4 dutch.and proud of my heritage i am :)I get the irish from my grandpa now deciesed, and the itilian and dutch from my other grandpa and grandma

Myself, I am 1/2 Irish 1/4 English 1/4 Welsh and there maybe a little German in there.

So I am supposed to drink guiness, love football, interfere with sheep and eat sour kraut. Although I do none of these things. :)

Well I am 50% Polish, 25% welsh and 25% slovak.My Mother is 100% Polish. That side of my family came here to this country in 1900, My great grandfather actually went back to Poland in 1914 to fight for the Polish Army. My mother still has his Repatriatzation papers after all these years. My father is the 50/50. His family tree goes back all the way to teh founders of this country.H ehas ancestors that faught in the revolutionary war, civil war..Aww crap may as well say every war that helped shape the United States. Supposiveley i am a descendent of some one famous from the Revolutionary war, but the only oen who knows who is my grandmother and i haven't seen her in almost 5 years.

50% Cuban - Grandparents grew up in Cuba.25% English (could be Welsh not sure)25% GermanWhat I really don't like is that my dad speaks fluent spanish and english but he never taught me a word of spanish. :)

75% German25% Iroquois (Native American)My ancestors (on my mother's side) came over to America back in the 1830's, originally in the Ithaca, NY area. My mother has always told us that we get our temper from the German side and our fearlessness from the Iroquois side. Se also says we can barely grow any facial hair because of the Iroquois blood. Our family also tends to live a long time, usually well into the 90's or more and we age slowly. My mother is 63 and yet people believe she is still in her late 40's.On my father's side, they came to America from Germany somewhere in the 1790's. When my grandmother was alive she did most of the geneology work and I have been carrying on the tradition of recording the family history. Some of my ancestors have made an impact on the world but, so far, no one has within the last two generations. A pity, I guess...

Not sure of all the exact percentages...but It's something like...1/4 Greek, 1/16th Chickasaw (Native American) probably at least 1/4 Polish ( I have it coming from both sides), and as for everything else English, Irish, French, German, not so sure about how much of those I have, but they're in there. There's probably more to the list, but all I know is I'm a mutt!Another intresting tidbit concerning my ancestry, I'm a relative of President John Adams!

I am an Australian, with filipino heritage in me. Both my parents are filipinos, I have a spanish-sounding last name, and have many relatives in Aust, philippines, and scattered in many areas across the US of A and canada.

Hmm. I couldn't even venture a guess as to the percentages, but I have in my ancestry Scotch, French, German, Irish, Dutch, English, and whatever else came over on the Mayflower in 1620. My line on my maternal grandfather's side traces back to the Royal Stewarts of Scotland and to Pricilla Mullen and John Alden of Mayflower fame. My maternal grandmother's line goes back to France, Netherlands and Germany. My paternal grandfather's line goes back to Mennonites from the Pflatz in Germany early 1800s and my paternal grandmother's line comes from Scotland and Ireland. I have ancestors that fought in all the homeland wars starting with the Revolutionary War. Ancestors who founded the city of Indiana, Pennsylvania and who pioneered Watsonville, California during the gold rush. I am a fourth generation native-born Californian. We have been in this country so long that I just consider myself an All American. Or a Heinz 57 varieties. :)