xisto Community
hype

Ftp Error Code 553 I just couldnt find it...

When I'm uploading with my ftp client filezilla, it shows me this error:

553-Can't open that file: Permission denied553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory

I remember experiencing this error before but I couldnt remember how to solve it, or if I'm able to solve it... I've tried out and it seems that folders with the .htcaccess are not affected by this and I've even try it on folders with CHMOD 777 and still get this error... I did a search around the forum and it didnt bring me any result and even tried google it and still the same... Any ideas how to solve it?

The queue window is always empty and the last time I do was perhaps changing the password of the cpanel... I'm able to login to my ftp though which I doubt that's the problem of the ftp user, or is it?

heres your answer

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and heres the reason

A 533 is usually incurred by having SPACES and/or INVALID CHARACTERS ((-!"Ł$%^&*'#~) ) in the file name. Check the file name and try again. The reason we have to upload file names all one word with no spaces and with no invalid characters is because our FTP server is a UNIX server and the Unix file structure has these specifications.

Nope, it doesnt work... I've tried my files with the correct filename and it still returns me the same error... I've tried files with the correct filename and here's the log:

Command:	STOR DSC00304.JPGResponse:	553-Can't open that file: Permission deniedResponse:	553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directoryError:	Upload failed

I guess i roughly figure out what's wrong, the folder that I'm not able to upload to is created by a certain php script I'm using and perhaps that causes it... However, how can that be solve?
Edited by hype (see edit history)

althought a bit late, fro mthe conversation we just had inthe shoutbox it would seem their is a error in the coding that is not reading the folders correctly. Next suggestion would ot contact or search the scripts site about how to correct this.

I just got a FTP errorCOMMAND:> DELE .pureftpd-upload.45155447.15.730f.64c88fa1 550 Prohibited file name: .pureftpd-upload.45155447.15.730f.64c88fa1ERROR:> Requested action not taken (e.g., file or directory not found, no access).Just take note, if you can't do it in your FTP client, then do it CPanel's File Manager. It really works wonders

Just take note, if you can't do it in your FTP client, then do it CPanel's File Manager. It really works wonders

Nope, I've tried it with the cpanel's file manger, I've tried editing files in it and it gives me an error... I think its just the problem with the script and maybe I'll try see the official site of the script to see if there's any problems...

My error was one without any script interventions so maybe my solution did not apply to yours. I suggest you could ask the person who did the script or debug it yourself