xisto Community
Johnny

Can Someone Test The Volume On My Site?

Okay, so I recently set up my new graphics portfolio and there's music along with it. The volume seems a little high to me, but I'm using earbuds right now, so I'm not quite sure if that's normal.

Can someone with desktop speakers at an average volume please test it and tell me if the volume's right?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks in advance.

Okay, so I recently set up my new graphics portfolio and there's music along with it. The volume seems a little high to me, but I'm using earbuds right now, so I'm not quite sure if that's normal.
Can someone with desktop speakers at an average volume please test it and tell me if the volume's right?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thanks in advance.

The audio seems to work , what do you mean 'right'? But i had it about average, listening to my normal music (i dont listen to my music very loud). It sounds okay to me.

The audio seems to work , what do you mean 'right'? But i had it about average, listening to my normal music (i dont listen to my music very loud). It sounds okay to me.

That's all I needed, thanks. <3

The song that was playing started out okay, but then got louder, however, I found your audio volume control and set it down a little and actually liked the tune.

Well the volume its a little high for me, i think it would be better if being a background music, not like for hear music there :)BTW is this allowed on Xisto? the hosting rules say that you are not allowed to host mp3 files, but people cant download the music being played there, so i got confused... or do you own the copyrights of those songs?

Well the volume its a little high for me, i think it would be better if being a background music, not like for hear music there :)

BTW is this allowed on Xisto? the hosting rules say that you are not allowed to host mp3 files, but people cant download the music being played there, so i got confused... or do you own the copyrights of those songs?

Actually it's referring to hosting mp3 files for download. It's fine as long as there's no controls to skip songs or skip to certain parts of a song, which would basically let people listen to what they want, for free.

Also, some of those songs are non-commercial, so they wouldn't have a copyright attached to them.

I understand what you mean about the background thing...maybe I'll turn it down a bit.

Thanks for the input by everyone.

EDIT: Oh, also, does the portfolio load/view for anyone else? I'm using a really terrible Pentium II processor, so I assumed it was just my computer that was going slowly. There's no lag on a normal computer, right?

EDIT: Oh, also, does the portfolio load/view for anyone else? I'm using a really terrible Pentium II processor, so I assumed it was just my computer that was going slowly. There's no lag on a normal computer, right?

It does take quite a while to load, but I think that is due to my net connection speed (I am assuming) it doesn't cause my computer (1.5GHz Celeron, 256MB Ram) to lag at all.

It may be worth testing your site on dial-up or something to see how it works on that. When I had dial-up, I used to just not look at sites that took along time to load, and they are still quite a few people (At least in the UK) who still have dial up in rural areas

Well with my head phones put into the computer at the LOWEST volume it sounded normal. Turnned the speakers on half volume then normal i usually put it at 90 degree angle in the middle for normal and with this i hear normal at lowest volume... so i say its pretty loud O_o

The music is a bit loud at my normal volume. If you could just down the volume a few decibels it would be perfect.On a side note, the first song (Forget It) is a really nice song.

Okay, seems it needs to go down just a little, and the performance is okay. Sounds good.Side notes:-I'll check out dialup-Yes, Forget it is a cool song.-Did anyone get to the next song (or others), if so, do any of those seem louder? I'm not sure if it's just that song or the whole system.Also, does anyone have any other suggestions for good songs to use? I just have kind of random stuff there right now (testing purposes), but if there's something better you could suggest, that'd be great. Keep in mind that it is a graphics portfolio, and the song should suit it.