xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paperbag

A Scanner Darkly the movie, ive got some questions

im just hoping that someone here has seen the movie, i could not get a ticket for the local one which was 70 miles south anyways, i just wanted to know what anyone thought of the mnovie and if it would be worth the effort, i personaly from the comercialks thought it looked very good, but its jsut a comercial, which whole purpose is to make a movie look good anyway

im just hoping that someone here has seen the movie, i could not get a ticket for the local one which was 70 miles south anyways, i just wanted to know what anyone thought of the mnovie and if it would be worth the effort, i personaly from the comercialks thought it looked very good, but its jsut a comercial, which whole purpose is to make a movie look good anyway

I saw the movie a couple months ago. It was very interesting, obviously a movie with very anti-drug messages. A Scanner Darkly cannot be overlooked for anyone who likes the style of underground cinematography. The plot line is rather abstruse, but it is presumeably part of the feel the director is trying to convey; it is hard to follow at times, especially when the characters in the movie are using Substance-D (a ficticious narcotic drug), which conveys the muddling effect on judgment that such drugs have. Keanu Reeves was probably not the best choice of actors to have in the movie, though, because he inevitably portrays the same character despite any effort, or lack thereof, to make his characters more dynamic. In A Scanner Darkly, Substance-D is supposed to have split his personality, but it is very difficult to discern which of his two personalities was prevalent in a given moment.

The most pleasing part of the movie was the animation, which followed the same style as other movies like A Requiem for a Dream. The film itself has been animated-over, so it has the effect of both being animated and true-life acting.

You must see A Scanner Darkly, but I would wait until situations are friendlier rather than pour so much blood and sweat over getting a seat.

I've been wanting to see that movie too. I believe that it was on limited release (unfortunate, cause I do agree that the trailer was quite attractive).Thank you for your quick movie critique, morosophos. Scanner is definitely a movie that I'll want to look into, despite the fact that movies with Keanu are sometimes quite hard to watch due to his linear acting style.

I saw the movie a couple months ago. It was very interesting, obviously a movie with very anti-drug messages. A Scanner Darkly cannot be overlooked for anyone who likes the style of underground cinematography. The plot line is rather abstruse, but it is presumeably part of the feel the director is trying to convey; it is hard to follow at times, especially when the characters in the movie are using Substance-D (a ficticious narcotic drug), which conveys the muddling effect on judgment that such drugs have. Keanu Reeves was probably not the best choice of actors to have in the movie, though, because he inevitably portrays the same character despite any effort, or lack thereof, to make his characters more dynamic. In A Scanner Darkly, Substance-D is supposed to have split his personality, but it is very difficult to discern which of his two personalities was prevalent in a given moment.

The most pleasing part of the movie was the animation, which followed the same style as other movies like A Requiem for a Dream. The film itself has been animated-over, so it has the effect of both being animated and true-life acting.

You must see A Scanner Darkly, but I would wait until situations are friendlier rather than pour so much blood and sweat over getting a seat.

I've been wanting to see that movie too. I believe that it was on limited release (unfortunate, cause I do agree that the trailer was quite attractive).

Thank you for your quick movie critique, morosophos. Scanner is definitely a movie that I'll want to look into, despite the fact that movies with Keanu are sometimes quite hard to watch due to his linear acting style.

yea i almost didnt see it cause the trailer wasnt a very good advertisment.....but it gave a good point about drugs and your life and how you shuold live with it.....advertisers should work on that stuff more if they want to keep there huge paycheck that is. makes you think why people said yes in that other topic asking if dope should be legal doesnt it?
Edited by the_aggie10 (see edit history)