xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vogue

Jealousy Makes You Nasty... ...does it?

We all have that little green monster inside us. The saying goes: ?Jealousy makes you nasty?. What I want to know is does it really make you nasty or does it actually show that you care? (I?m referring to a relationship situation).

Well ive been in the situation where ive liked a girl and she gets a boyfriend and ive never been jealous of them as a person, ive been jealous of their position as this girls partner but not them as a person cos in my opinion they sucked but maybe thats because i was jealous :) I think it shows that you really like that person to be honest, and its changed me alot because i notice myself that lately i take a lot less Bull... than before and i suppose ive got a bit of an angry attitude towards peope in general, like on the busses and trains i openly moan to my mates about how the people on the train are "reatarded and need lives" :P i find it funny anyway! so in all i suppose it makes you angry and proves you care and really do like that person and its not jus like a fling.

I don't believe its the jealousy that makes you 'appear' nasty, more how far you take it. There are some things you can do out of jeaslousy that are kind and sweet, then you can get to the point where you end up breaking the relationship up because of the jealousy.If you like them enough to be jealous, then that shows you care, but if you like them that much then maybe you should reliese this and be happy for them being happy. Wait until something happens, or move on, or find someone else.

Jealousy doesn't always make you nasty. I agree with the last person, it's just how far you let it take you. You can be jealous, and the person might not even know. Or you can be jealous and be extreme and they will probably hate you because of it.One thing I've learned about jealousy is that it's a self-centered thing. No matter how small it is, you're only jealous because of what you think you don't have. In terms of relationships - say you like this girl and she's going out with some guy - you're jealous of what the guy has, forget if they're happy together or not. Now if you're good friends with this girl, you don't necessarily want her to hate you or anything because you're acting on your jealousy, that's letting her know that you can't controle your jealousy for one.It doesn't necessarily make you nasty, it's what choices you make because of it that make you that way.

Nice topic .... :) In some cases we all get jelous, wheter it's about caring or really getting very vewry i mean red hot angry!! I for one get jealous, but when I get jealous I care for someone in the case. So ja.. Jealous can be both good and bad in a way! :)

Yeah, it depends. A little jealousy can be cute, but if I was with someone who got upset (whiny, angry, crying, whatever) every single time I talked to the opposite sex, I would probably get extremely annoyed and just leave. Because honestly, its one thing to know you're cared about, but its another to know that you're being manipulated. :)

Yeap. It does make me jealous to see the guys talking to hot girls.... it makes me jealous to see my friends walking around with new electronic devices... it makes me jealous to see my friends dating... Oh man, i need a better comp. My friend's comp are so much better than mine...

Why bother getting jealous? Every dog has there day. That's life, and life is something you gotta take hold of and use to your advantage. Your friends may be talking to a hot chick, doesnt mean he gonna get anything from her.Have you tried talking to people, have you gone and got a new computer, or that new electronic device. I dont get jealous that they have better gear then me, i make them jealous causemi charge them $80~ to set there equipment up, joys of being an IT Consultant/Support Officer. Think about it.