xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexviii

Should We Be Afraid From Islam

Why should you get scared? Most people are only accepting this religion is because this religion emphasises also on the way you live. Most of my muslim friends just say that Islam is not a religion, instead, just a way of life.Not being Racist here.

Edited by Jon Jon (see edit history)

concerning the issue of islam i have a say to tell because for me here in nigeria we are mixed with muslimsso i can a little bit describe thembased on their belife that if you figth for thier religion you will be guranted the assurance to be in the kingdom 'No problem but it seems childish' to me i think that some of them are blindfolded they dont look forward for a chang and this is not good it si not human.since i was borne here i have seen many of the repenting and tuning to christians why the sturborn ones are the terror we have based on the crisis that normally break out in nigeria you may think why so! but here goes!!like in Jos and kaduna it is the most populated areas or town or village filled with muslims and minor christians so in this area some muslims take it as na advantage to maltreat the minor christains.whener a crisis come is ni nigeria in must be a religious problem because in this areas they banned preaching the christia doctorine there. so if you are caugth you will dance to thier tuneeven some of my state that are muslims are implementing 'SHARIA LAW'The law based on them says thatwomem are banned to be seen withmen outsidewomen cant move out with men any man that is found stealing his hand will be cut offthe most worrisome is the issue of women not coming out side how can they archive that its impossableso bye all this issue many minor christain there try to defend thierselves through demostrations but not knowing that this could even cause the worst trouble to themany christians were butcherd whenever this type of crisis comes out.in so doing it will spread to the east where i am residentingThe role of some church Goers in my area is revengeThey will use that medium to seek for other taut in those area for thier own way of revenge so they will team up with some dandgerous weapon and move out ot seek for htier muslims victis in my area so they will butcher them likwise but its not biblical its SHDING OF BLOOD WHICH GOD CONDEMS for me herei know that some muslims are terror but i pray that God will touch thier heart to repentbecause if thy continue like thise more trouble migth come out even which will lead to war in this my countryto all my muslim forum posters i will advise you not to go for trouble just mind your own religion and i willmind mine so that this world will contain all of usCHEERSGEORGEN

Yes we all should be afraid. As soon as they get some plutonium... oh boy, there's gonna be some fireworks. But I won't say they are right or wrong by practicing terrorism... unfortunately the US don't give a *BLEEP* about them and this is the only way they can cause some damage, or at least call some attention. Diplomacy won't work. I'm sorry if I offended you americans but that is what I belive is the truth.

ay caramba.....ive seen this topic on every forum i visit, its saddening :D

its silly to lump every person in 1 religion in 1 bundle, nor criticise the religion itself just because some foolish people who follow the religion choose to look at it from a violent point of view and use it's words to promote violence....

its like saying all the potatoes in a sack are bad just because youv'e looked at the ones at the top of the sack and they are..... :)

like 1 of the guy's who posted said, "islam" comes from the root word: Peace....

another thing that hasnt been mentioned and is often overlooked is that "Jihad" actually signifies and INTERNAL war of a muslim in which he defeats the evil WITHIN HIMSELF....unfortunatly, the crazy radical fundamentalist clerics twisted it's words, just like the pope and priests who called on the crusades in the 11th century twisted the words of the bible....

terrorists should be criticised and fought, because they are idiots who listen to the imams, and i think that's right....but as for me, i only REALLY hate the imams and terrorist leaders themselves....a lot of ppl i talk to about this issue dont understand the full history behind the fundamentalism and terrorism today, nor do they understand the riots over small things like the pope's speech and the danish cartoon.....

its not JUST because of the cartoon or JUST because of the speech, and it DEFINETELY isnt because the koran teaches them to do that.....if the koran teaches violence against non-muslims, then WHY did Saladin treat his prisoners of war so well, and release them when the war was over, ESPECIALLY in the medieval times, when religion was so much stronger than it is today! not only that, but the crusaders had slaughtered every muslim within jerusalem only a century before! With that massacre, AND the fact that religion had a stronger influence over people...why was saladin so nice to the crusaders? if islam teaches violence? The answer...it doesnt!

anyway back to my main point, understanding the terrorist "footsoldiers"....they are, like i said, idiots to listen to the fundamentalist imams, but there are REASONS they listen to them...reasons that have been building up since the first world war!i dont even know all of the story myself, it gets confusing at times, but i can see clearly how all the radical fundamentalists got to power in the many middle eastern countries....

the full story is here. read the articles on the rise of islamism and fundamentalism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamism

arab mistrust of the west started all the way back in World War I, with the secret Sykes-Picot treaty and the Sanremo conference....(any1 who's seen lawrence of arabia should know what it is, however they wont know what happened after it)

the sykes-picot treaty was basically a secret agreement between the allied powers in WWI to divide up the ottoman empire between themselves, contrary to the British promises to the leaders of the Arab Revolt (which played a decisive part in the defeat of the Ottoman empire) that the middle east and arabia would be given full independance with the downfall of the Ottomans...

this treaty didnt remain secret for long however, as after the russian revolution, the russians were "cut out" of the treaty....this naturally pissed off Lenin, who immediately told the world about the treaty, which subsequently caused great anger among the arab revolutionaries.....after the war, although Prince Feisal set up his arab state with the help of lawrence of arabia, the French army was not satisfied and sent their army in to depose him...now that's DEFINETELY going to cause some anger at the west! the full articles is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sykes-Picot_Agreement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo_conference

one of the main points of the sanremo conference, which ultimately led to all the wars between israel and the other middle eastern states, was the foundation of the state of israel....that, in my opinion was a freaking dumb thing to do....create a jewish state surrounded by muslim ones?? i mean, what did they expect???

anyway, after those conferances came the long long LONG periods of war between israel and the muslim states....in which the US supplied weapons to israel, and they are STILL supplying weapons....the palestinians were gradually forced out..i dont know the full story, i expect its on wikipedia somewhere :rolleyes:

but anyway, all of this cause the muslims to be very very very VERY pissed off....which led to the rise of islamic fundamentalist preachers, and radical parties who were anti-west getting elected....

the muslims of the middle east had even MORE cause to be angry with the mess of Iraq...and i dont mean the 2nd war, i mean the first one....at first it was alright, the US forces marched in to liberate Kuwait which was recently taken over by saddam....and then came the idiot part...George bush (senior) went on TV and told the people of iraq to rise up against saddam with US support....the people, who didnt like saddam's tyrannical rule, obviously rose up....the US support...never came! the US stopped at kuwait, made peace, and the Iraqi rebels were slaughtered by saddam....

and THEN, 10 years later, the US and UK return to finish the job!! bit late eh??? no wonder there are so many insurgents.....

anyway, the point is, all of these bad ideas and western meddeling in middle eastern affairs has caused anger at the west, and those are the reasons the terrorist leaders and radical imams are getting so many followers....and now, any small spark (such as the danish cartoon) is enough to set the muslims in these countries, or the muslims who have come from these countries in a frenzy! its not the cartoon, or the speech alone, and its definetely not because of the koran, its anger that's been building up for almost a century!

is it the religion of Islam's fault? no! Islam IS a religion of peace, it says only attack if you yourself are! the arabic way of saying goodbye is "peace be upon you"! "the word islam MEANS "peace"...

is it the western countries fault? no! they did what seemed the best idea at the time!

it is no one person's fault, but the problem is there, and it should not be solved by going for the guys with the most oil, or condemning the religion of islam itself, that will only create MORE anger....every effort should be made to heal the hurts of the past century and in doing so, stop all the hatred and anger that has been building up...

ofc, if iran DID get a nuke, it would be obvious that diplomacy wont work and something would have to be done, for a nuclear weapon in the hands of an area of the world as angry as the middle east is certainly not desirable, i dont disagree with that :) ...

the only places in the middle east that should be invaded are the places where the people WANT to be invaded, like the people of iraq did when they revolted in the first gulf war....THEN an invasion would be GOOD and would HELP heal the hurts...but going in 10 years later jsut makes matters worse.....

should we be afraid of islam? NO

should we be afraid of oil companies? YES ...but that's a whole different topic :rolleyes:

All religions, just as all races, have their good people and have their bad people. Just because some looney decides that God wants him to kill another person, or a group of people, does not mean everyone who shares his religious views, or the color of his skin, are horrible people too. It makes them human. And if you can fault a person because of their religion - in my opinion - you are no better than he/she/they are.Should we be afraid of Islam? No. But you should be afraid of the small numbers of people in the world who want to do others harm - and they are of every culture, race and religion in the world.... not just from the Middle East.Just my opinion :)

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

Erin, i am completely with you on this. Infact, being a jew myself, i am friends with a few people who practise the islamic religion, not only do they not hate me but they like me and are friendly to me, (they know i am jewish) and they do practise the religion. And like most of the rest of the world, they too hate the islamic extremists who are causing havoc. One of them said "Those ****** terroists are giving islam a bad name, the media aint helping either. I wont be suprised if in 5 years i will have been exciled from this country. The discrimination is already on the up for me, i have noticed"I think that in every religion there are bad, extremest people and good people, and the way that the holy books are interpreted are always different, which causes these different attitudes and actions via the religion.

Exactly. I do not think that Islam in itself constitutes a threat to the West and the Western way of life. The problem, if you ask me, is the radicals, and the reasons behind the birth and expansion of radicalism.We must admit that the West bears a responsibility in the Islamic fanaticism as well. If you think about it, ever since the Holy Wars and the Crusades, the Muslims have had a REALLY bad experience of contact with Westerners, which recent US- led wars and bombings have not helped at all. And be sure that many people in the East still connect Crusades with recent wars...Poverty and isolation from the rest of the world are not helping either; many children in Asia who have no other choice or way to get educated or "spread their wings" ultimately end up being recruited by Islamic fanatics that train them to be Jihad warriors and suicide bombers.Both they and us have a responsibility in this... I think that we have to abolish this image of Islam as a threat by steps such as cooperation, provision of economical help and ending all warfare.If not anything else, this image of Islam ends up hurting more and more innocent people... from Muslims who end up being excluded from their societies, to Westerners (what a vague term really) that are hurt when isolated people resort to acts of angst or desperation.

Without reading most of this thread, probably not. As I said before in another thread in the debate forum, very much all religions have their nutters and "vocal" minority. Its how they are judged individually rather than a group as a whole. For example, I've met muslims that are not crazy and/or against the bombers, and so forth, and every catholic i met, many of them are nice and civil ones, and there are the few that are not so civil.

In response to the topic title, I think you're going too rash about this. I know for one that those terrorist groups are just extremists. We can't judge everyone who follows that religion because of that. For example, if an American murders someone in another country, could we say that all Americans are murderers? Of course not! Should we fear them all? I don't think so. This is another sad case of stereotypes. Just because one person or a group does it, doesn't mean that it's everyones fault. I suggest you go learn about their religion more. Approach it with an open mind. Don't jump to conclusions.

Coran and the Bible are equally extremists... so much and so less extremists as the man who read them and his interpretations (i mean it?s in each one?s eyes). Both religions have that expansive element and the aim to have their own religion ruling the world because of course, they?re right and their God cannot be wrong. They both preach peace between men but are willing to make 1000 wars to reach it. The only thing that could make (right now) cristianism a bit more pacific or moderate is the fact that (some) governments don?t let the Church disturb the political actions and the relationship between countries.

There's nothing wrg with Islam. Understand one thing, Islam does not encourage war, unless it's for protecting the country and Islam religion from the enemies. In other words, Muslim holds their responsibility defending Islam. However, muslim terrorists failed to understand this concept, they attack their enemies, which is wrg in the teachings of al-Quran.

Yes, we (speaking on behalf of the Americans) should be afraid of Muslims- at least the extremists. I will not claim to be any sort of expert on the sacred teachings of Islam. I do know that a lot of Muslim terrorists use the Quran to justify their acts of terrorism, and I know that a lot of Muslims will condemn their actions as going against the spirit of Islam.But I don't see enough condemnation for these terrible acts coming from the mouths of government officials in the Middle East. Oftentimes it seems as if they will say just enough to please the Bush administration so that we will not declare war on them like we did Afghanistan and Iraq. But I think that a lot of terrorism is still being allowed by Muslim regimes. The Pakistani leader has done a decent job of refuting Islamic terroists. However, if these people are really that much of an afront to Islam, then I would think that the "good" Muslims should be more adamant about stopping the terrorists than we are. It seems to me that if an extreme group of American Christians started committing acts of terrorism in the name of Jesus Christ, there would be an enormous backlash against them. I am just not seeing this sort of outrage from the Muslim community.

Not to start an agrument about this, but I'd like to give my 2 cents worth and get more of your thoughts on this:Why would Muslim leaders speak out against terrorism? Or, better yet, why SHOULD they? I don't get it... In my opinion, the more they stay out of it, and keep quiet, the better. It keeps the peace on all fronts, in my opinion.That said, of course they have spoken out against it... a good example would be King Abdullah of Jordan who has spoken out against it many times.Anyway, I think that it's of no use if they did. Many people would think they were doing it so America doesn't attack them (like you think already) and, if they did so more often, they would be upsetting terrorists and their supporters - people who occupy their own countries.I personally feel they have done very well by being so quiet about it. I know if I were in their position I'd keep my trap completely shut - I wouldn't even release a single statement about it. LOL ^_^ That way I'd keep my feelings on the down-low and therefore I'd keep the target off my rear-end! :lol:

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

Replying to franz seeIn general there is no right or wrong and I bet you that the bible is filled many passages such as thoseSecond qu,ran has many qoutes from jesus because unlike christians they respect other relegions look at the history of all the people they conquered did they kill all of them? no, no more than the crusaders did

15,000 lives saved if there was no islamShould We Be Afraid From Islam

Dear All,

I read in last 20 years more then 15,000 inncent  lives have been taken my Muslim terrorist's,means if there was NO ISLAM at all then 15,000 lives would have been saved??,I always believe 1 innocent human being life is very much worth of any religion for me a life very much important,how would a world would be without islam,I think amy innocent life must have been saved,need your sugestion

Thanks

imapest