xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexviii

Should We Be Afraid From Islam

I'm listenning all these new about islam and terrorism.
So I think that in order to talk about something I have to know it. That is why with an Objective spirit I read the Coran.
Now I know all the history of that book, and I know the life of the person who worte it.

I have to say only 1 think as conclusion: the Islam religion is a fanatic group as their profet was. The first that came and says that not all muslemims are extremistes, I will invite him to read their Corane, and judje, what it says.

The basis of the Islam religion, is the supremacy of muslemins and all others,, have to die. And it is not a joke as you can see 11 September was not a joke!!

Sencond and last think I want to say is: Do you think that Media (arab media) have to reed the all speech of the pope??? I read it and it is not so offensive I think. Even because is a teological lession, and thoese sentences wasn't from him. (read here the speech: Click here)

Well, there are many different types of Islam. Some I can agree with you that they are wrong. Some Islams just seem like they want to kill people, but this isn't a vast majority. Overall, most Islams are good people and have the right to worship who they want.

Is this a joke? You obviously know nothing about Islam. Calling every Muslim a fanatic is like calling every Christian an *BLEEP*. Some are, sure, but the vast majority aren't. All the Muslims I know are very nice people.

And Islam doesn't say that everyone who isn't Muslim should die. It specifically states that only aggressors against the religion are to be attacked, and no action should be taken against innocents.

Yes, yes, you are entirely right, as is almost every other religion that participated in the crusade, as for your reasoning, I think I might disagree, to generalize ANYONE in that way is entirely wrong and a horrible thing to do.In any religion people have religious convictions, but to say anyone who practices a faith loves to go around ramming planes intop buildings is pretty harsh...And on an unrelated side-note, I thought Coran was the French interpretation of the word? Qur'an?EDIT: Just to clarify the crusade thingy I mean people participating in it, not the current day members of those religions.

Edited by Voidless_Shadows (see edit history)

Excuse me, but I am a Muslim (it's spelt like that) and no matter how many times I say that Islam comes from the root word "peace", no one will ever take my words as a perception, in fact, the more I say it, the more people begin to hate Islam...Read the Qur'an and UNDERSTAND the miracles of it. That is my only advice, I would like to end my reply with a quotation from the Glorious Qur'an,

"This Book is not to be doubted.... As for the unbelievers, it is the same whether or not you forewarn them; they will not have faith. God has set a seal upon their Intelligence; their sight is dimmed and grievous punishment awaits them." Surah Al-Baqarah, Chapter 2, Ayah (Verse) 2-6

Allah Subhanu Wa Ta'la is saying that even if our prophet warns you about the sins you are doing, you will never percept because Allah says there is a seal on your intelligence...Doesn't that make you think?

Listen to me brother/sister, I am a Muslim and you should have no reason in being afraid, hating or doing anything unpleasant to me because I will not judge you by your colour, religion or your looks because I am a Muslim, I will not start war with you because I am a Muslim, and because I am a Muslim, I only want peace to prevail.

Ask me about the miracles of the Holy Qur'an, and you will be amazed.

Islamic people are no different than people of any other religion ,every religion have good as well as bad people,though i am not muslim but i have many muslim friends ,so i could say that they are also normal people like us,as for the bad part i'll say didn't christian churches burned some people alive years ago,but that doesn't mean every christian was bad ,you might have read the coran but do you know that coran was the orignal one not the one translated by a non-islamic.i agree that there is too much voilence going due to islamic people but that would be more and more increased ,because of the way we are dealing,if they kill 5 ,we kill 10 then whats the difference b/w the terrorists and the good.The only philosophy which will ensure that we all win is to use mahatma gandhiji's policy,create compassion for the attackers ,help them solve their economic problems so no teenage goes to become a terrorist because of poverty,try to create economic equality between the first world and third world countries,i know it sound dumb,but i feel this is the only guaranteed way of keeping peace in the world.though it would take a lot of paitence earlier

i really have no idea what you guys are being taught by your country? why fear the muslims? do you think religion was the cause of the 9-11?(after re-reading my post, i must admit it sounds arrogant :) hehehe :P pardon me for that...im just really really curious :PB):P )

Edited by franz see (see edit history)

HI everyone. please note that I wasn't saying anything agains muslemin, or I didn't want to.

I just wanted to say that Islam as religion, have a natural inclination to violence. And, as consequences, the more religius you are, more extremist you are....

and please note that the coran says:

"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. "

and also:

"They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): so take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (from what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks. "

I can't beleive that exist a religion that says such things.

PS: the title of the topic was cinic, cause I fill that they want us to be afraid, and we are very ingenues...
Edited by alexviii (see edit history)

HI everyone. please note that I wasn't saying anything agains muslemin, or I didn't want to.
I just wanted to say that Islam as religion, have a natural inclination to violence. And, as consequences, the more religius you are, more extremist you are....

define, extremist? what is being neutral? ...it's really hard (if not impossible) to saywhat neutral is out of the context of religion or society :)

and also:

what's not to believe? that their concept of right & wrong is different from yours? :P

PS: the title of the topic was cinic, cause I fill that they want us to be afraid, and we are very ingenues...

I applaud you for trying to break the bigotry :P however, let me remind you that more needs to be done to break down the wall :P Good ! You are learning more about muslims B) However, are you assessing the relgion and its believers from a "neutral" perspective, or from a biased one? :P

...i realized before that good and bad are relative...as well as any other truth :P but that's just me, ...up to you to find your own truth :P

..just my 2 cents worth :P

HI everyone. please note that I wasn't saying anything agains muslemin

:)

Four years ago, I heard that the religion that has done the most suicide bombings is in fact Hinduism. Protestants and catholics have been blowing each other up in Ireland. The Spanish had the Inquisition, the Crusades killed hundreds of thousands of people in the name of christianity. The Jews are blowing up Palestine and Lebanon. You cannot claim that Islam is the only religion to have committed horrendous acts of brutality.

define, extremist? what is being neutral? ...it's really hard (if not impossible) to saywhat neutral is out of the context of religion or society :)what's not to believe? that their concept of right & wrong is different from yours? :P
I applaud you for trying to break the bigotry :P however, let me remind you that more needs to be done to break down the wall :P Good ! You are learning more about muslims B) However, are you assessing the relgion and its believers from a "neutral" perspective, or from a biased one? :P

...i realized before that good and bad are relative...as well as any other truth :P but that's just me, ...up to you to find your own truth :P

..just my 2 cents worth :P

I know the extremist is not the real word... By extremist I mean Violent and that will never condamn thoese who make violence. (not every muslemin is making violent act, but every body agree to the coran that don't condamn this acts). For me this is like if every body was making violence.

their concept of right & wrong is totaly different form mine! because I will never applicate violence to violence.

What for me is right is what is good for me as for the Society, but for them is just what is good for God (and here we can discuss how they know what is good for god)

What is wrong for me is what is bad for me or for society, and/or what is good only for me and bad for others. For them is wrong what ever is against their religion, even if it is very good for the Society.

Good and bad are not relatives. Forbidden things and acceptable things is relative. there is no way that violence can be good even if somewhere is permitted.

I applaud my self for trying to be free to express what ever I think is Good.

Your concept of "neutral" is very different from mine. For me neutral is the one who do not think about. For example I'm not at all "neutral"!

Please note every one, that with this discussion I don't want to offend any one but I want to express what I personaly think is wrong in your religion.

"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. "

and also:
"They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): so take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (from what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks. "

This post has been edited by alexviii: Yesterday, 10:11 AM

NOW, these quotes you have given have no reference, so I have read the Qur'an and I have never come across those words...YOU LIAR

I know the extremist is not the real word... By extremist I mean Violent and that will never condamn thoese who make violence. (not every muslemin is making violent act, but every body agree to the coran that don't condamn this acts). For me this is like if every body was making violence.

their concept of right & wrong is totaly different form mine! because I will never applicate violence to violence.

What for me is right is what is good for me as for the Society, but for them is just what is good for God (and here we can discuss how they know what is good for god)

What is wrong for me is what is bad for me or for society, and/or what is good only for me and bad for others. For them is wrong what ever is against their religion, even if it is very good for the Society.

Good and bad are not relatives. Forbidden things and acceptable things is relative. there is no way that violence can be good even if somewhere is permitted.

I applaud my self for trying to be free to express what ever I think is Good.

Your concept of "neutral" is very different from mine. For me neutral is the one who do not think about. For example I'm not at all "neutral"!

Please note every one, that with this discussion I don't want to offend any one but I want to express what I personaly think is wrong in your religion.

Basic question: Define good and bad.

Note: you can't define "good" by saying it is what is "good" for the society...what is "good" for the society?

No way is violence permitted? ...What if you have to kill a person to save the whole world? Highly unlikely, but what if?

Besides, muslims are not actually permitted to do act of violence agaisnt other. It is only when act of violence are done to them when they are permitted to do so

...Pardon, but what is neutral?

btw, choose your words more wisely..."what i think is wrong in your religion" is a bit rude.

(For muslims out there, correct me if i'm wrong. i admit i'm no muslim and i have not yet read the Qur'an... I only have muslim friends).

No real muslim ( as in a muslim hu truly understands the qu'ran) wud ever believe tht blowin up innocent ppl is rite, yes if they ar righteous they will liv in bliss, but muslims reli believe that these ppl shud hav a full life 1stIt is rong 2 h8 ppl 4 thr religion, i am actually christian, but i hav muslim frends and understand and respect ther religion. Its not ur fault, many ppl hav bn taken in by this and r unsure but muslims r in general normal, u cant thnk tht all terrorists r muslim, wat can bush and blair cum under?