xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trace-uk

.mobi Seo?

the .mobi domain is beign launched in 7 days - 26th of spetember. have you pre-ordered yours yet? I think that with the url being an important factor in the Search engine positioning of websites you really have to consider getting in on the ground floor of this new domain. keep in mind that there are already more mobile phones than TVs!!! in 1-3 years I think most people will use their mobiles to surf the net as well. I bet internet ready phones will be sold in in the 100,000s this christmas!Next may also sees the publishing of the .tel domain - another domain aimed at mobile phones. not only that but alot of the major search engiens are already experimenting with pay-per-call advertising systems, another website-mobile phone targeted market.So what'd you think?

cell-phone internet usage may not have taken not taken off... yet!But I think it will. At the moment I've only got a phone that will access the net but the screen is to small to really make it worthwhile. it was given to me in xmas 2004. I'm going to be getting a new phone this xmas or january wit an internet capability and a bigger screen. I think many more people will as well.Buying the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ domains I'm trying to register won't bring in alot of traffic in the next 12 months. But from 2007 onwards I think it'll boom.Wouldn't you want to have a really good .com domain now? If you could go back to when it was launched would you buy a really good one?

i was pendient of the the .mobi extension but it apparentely is very very expensive i mean who wants an extension that doesn?t have any special thing? well you can enter to any site using a cell phone these days... if you install mini-opera it is almost sure that you visit any site on the net...and opera mini is just 9.5 USD i think and the .mobi will need you to renew the name and well spend a lot more... some things i would like to think about are what for is the site does it need to have that name?that is the same problem with the .com now everyone can have a .com domain and it was supposed to be bought specially by companies or major businesses or what about the .net or .biz i have seen pages of warez using .net and .biz and they are not "legal" businesses.... the best thing these days is to buy the cheapest domain available on the market in this case would be .com okay okay .mobi means mobile and everything but come on the company's site is under a .com domain and all the services that the cell phone uses connects directly (almost everything) to a .com domain, actually google is also .com inside the cellphone i really doubt .mobi would make any big difference now.....But you know there is something i would love to have.... it is setting my own domain extension for example .me or .god who knows somehting that identifies the owner with its extension and of course with the site.... what would happen if this can be possible :-D ?

I couldn't agree more. but the whole point of having a "mydomain.mobi" is for search engine optimization purposes. search engine sprefer a domain like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ over http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ best way to get in on the short domains is to buy them as soon as they become available, which is expensive I'm sorry to say.