xisto Community
ProtoMan

Window Defender Vs Spy Sweeper

Since I found there are many topics discussing about Window Defender and Spy Sweeper , which is better (Those topics not at Xisto). I need your idea , I am going to install one of those best security softwares but I don't really know which is better. Window Defender is free but I heard that it is weaker than Spy Sweeper . Thank you , please help me out :)

Why does it matter? If one is free, why not use that, and if you can afford Spy Sweeper, get that as well. It is good practice to have two or more anti spy bot programs on your machine anyway, as they all have slightly different databases. For example, I ran spy bot search and destroy, and it picked up some malicious programs, I then ran Adaware, which (I hope) picked up the rest.

You can always have both installed, but what I can say is that Windows Defender is a good spyware scanner, but not a good spyware removal... I have NEVER successfully remove any spyware or virus using the Windows Defender at all and always have to go for other alternatives like using paid anti virus software or have to reformat my entire computer...

I have only tried Spy Sweeper but it scans, finds, and deletes spyware, viruses, keyloggers, etc; I tired about 20 different spyware removers/antivirus and none of them could find what I needed to get rid of and Spy Sweeper did that for me and worked really well. This included a keylogger and something that messed with Internet Explorer changing to certain sites when I opened it up. Hopefully this will help you in your decision.

Id say spybot search and destory or avast home edition would be the best as they are both good scanners and both will delete the virus without any problems.

I advise you should go for Window Defender Beta 2 (It is currently in beta testing) because it is very easy to use and you don't need to buy it , it is Free. It also has a Big Databases about Viruses and can block a lot of bad web sites so I think you should choose it.

Thank you very much for your suggestions , everyone. But I am still confused because I have heard many people said that Spy Sweeper is stronger than Window Defender a lot but Window Defender is free while Spy Sweeper is FREE , what to do , wwwwwwhhhhhhooooooaaaaaaa ?

Well there is 1 advice I would give you anytime of the day. Never trust Windows, better to get an alternative to a Windows powered product because they can never do anything for you. Anyone heard of SpyStopper and ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware, are they any good?

I'm using both Windows Defender and Spy Sweeper. I still trust Spy Sweeper because it's much more effective. But spy sweeper will be a bit annoying when it comes to downloading uncommon files to the computer.

SpySweeper vs Windows DefenderWindow Defender Vs Spy Sweeper

My home page was hyjacked and SpySweeper found and removed the virus/spyware. Windows defender did not do the trick

-Gerry