xisto Community
da96

What Messenger/email Service Do You Use?

I went with gmail when the hype began. Nice inbox size, and it's brilliant if all you want is a good email service. However, I switched back to hotmail simply because of it's MSN compatibility. MSN is still the best instant messenger, IMO. Highly doubt I'll be using whatever gmail is gonna come up with. MSN has climbed so high above the other clients that I believe it won't go down without a fight Anyhoo, what does everyone else use? Hotmail? Yahoo? Gmail? ISP email? Or what IM client? MSN? AIM? Waiting for gmail messenger? Post away.

I use loads of different email accounts for all sorts of different things. Google has had an IM program for GMail accounts out for ages, called Google Talk, and in my opinion it works much better than MSN Messenger, YIM and especially AIM. You can also get video conversations for it too. I use Hotmail for newsletters and things rather than personal communication, and I tried Yahoo for about a week, hated it and scrapped it. I have 5 ISP email accounts, and a GMail account, which I use for personal emails.

First for the messenger, there aren't that many people usisng GMail yet so it's not as popular and not everybody has it. I have tried their messenger it's not as good as yahoo and msn.and msn (windows live) and yahoo have come together now, so you can add yahoo contacts to msn and vice-versa and just use any one on the messenger.also trillian is nice. you can add msn, yahoo, aol and some other services if you want all in one.for email, gmail is nice and i also use hotmail.

Edited by ROL (see edit history)

Im with Gmail. I just use the account as a virus filtering one. I set up a redirect to my actual email account that i can check from home and school really fast.I have a seperate hotmail account for MSN only.

For my email I use a .btconnect account, which goes straight to Outlook. I also have another email that I use that is re-directed to my .btconnet.com account. I then have a hotmail account, a g-mail account, and several yahoo accounts.I use MSN for instant messaging, as it is what everyone else uses, and it seems to work fairly well.

For my email, I make use of GMail as well as Hotmail depending on the situation. GMail is usually used to store my school projects attachment, so basically you can say it is a hosting site for my school projects backup. Hotmail is more of a personal email whereby I use to register for forums, receive email from friends ... etc, in short my email address at hotmail is more of my personal email. Why did I not choose GMail since it has more space compared to hotmail? The reason being that hotmail is easily accessible just by a click on your messenger. I am using Windows Live Messenger at the moment. The point of having a messenger is to be able to communicate with your friends on your list, if majority of your friends are not using that particular messenger, why would you want to use it? Besides hotmail address are not usable on a Google Messenger and vice versa; their rivalry has caused so much inconvenience to the GMail, Hotmail and Yahoo users.

Hotmail and MSN messenger for emails from freinds and chatting. But GMAIL for the more serious emails i.e Ebay, Buisness... I dont think theres a single person at my schools that uses Yahoo messenger. I also highly doubt anyone can be othered changing to whatever GMAIL comes up with

These day's I've switched primarily to Gmail. I figure I don't have any important emails anyway, so even if they archive everything, all they're going to get are a bunch of links I post to myself, some newsletter/magazine subscriptions, and some innocent chat between myself and some friends. Hotmail seems to have a lot of lag for me, and since I've changed ISPs a few times over the past few years, using their email service doesn't seem to be an option anymore as I don't really want to start a new email address on a regular basis.For instant messengers, I was originally an ICQ and Yahoo user, but everyone seemed to be jumping on the MSN bandwagon. I remember when it used to be much much simpler, only a few years ago. I only use it now because I have all my contacts on there. Otherwise, IRC is looking to be much better for my purposes :)

Gmail as my main email service, although I also use Windows Live Mail, and I regularly access my Gmail account from Windows Live Mail Desktop. The reaon I prefer Gmail is mainly becuase of it's anvanced filtering and labeling system, which I find to be more extensive then Windows Live Mails folder system, I also like the actually competant spam filter which keeps my Gmail inbox free from junk at all times.As for Instant Messaging I use Windows Live Messenger, because non of my friends used Google Talk, which for me is the better IM client, due to it's clean interface and lack of useless bloat I'm not going to use, that just plain p*** me off (winks and nudges anyone)

I use both hotmail and gmail, but mostly hotmail serve as my private mail box while my gmail account serve as known to all and the number of spam message received increase everyday... Gmail now has nearly 3GB of mailbox spaces and its the perfect mail service for anyone that receive loads of spam everyday... However, hotmail serve as a rather good service for me now since they have the live mail beta now and are offering anyone using the beta with a 2GB of mail spaces, both works like a dime!For messenger service I'm using MSN's Windows Live Messenger... They are currently the best and the most used messenger service and are almost unbeatable... I use my gmail account as a .NET passport and serve as my msn address... Live Messenger is getting lots of new features and current the new 8.1 version of WLM is underway in beta and out new soon...

Because I like to be able to contact people in various different Instant Messaging clients I use trillian. Inside it I have a MSN account, an Google Chat account, a Yahoo account and an ICQ Account.. I use mIRC as IRC client because the built in IRC client in Trillian isn't very advanced.

I use yahoo because its the most reliable... and cause its easy to use.... all my friends use yahoo.... its also the only email provider that isnt block on our comp. at school....(dont tell them that though...:) i have like 9 yahoo acounts and 3 netscape ( well it was netscape until aol bought out netscape so now its aol grrr.......) i didnt tlike the service with hotmail... i like dthe chat though..... so final count of email addresses....9 yahoo 3netscape/aol and 6 hotmail.... ive never tried gmail though... i dont know where to go to get it...(and im to lazy.... besides its probably blocked....)

I have a huge history with different E-Mail serivces.First I used the home computer with a really old program that I can't thikn off the top of my head, I think it was Endora or something. But that didn't do it for me, and everyone was talking about online E-Mail services. This was way back in the day, about 10 years ago, last century. This brought me to Yahoo. Yahoo seemed to work great, it was this cool thing to use back then, but eventually sources found outt aht Yahoo! was selling private information to companies, so I switched to Hotmail. Once again, this was a long time ago, and telephone calls were more popular than E-Mail, so I didn't check it much. Eventually when I did check it, they deleted my account from inactivity, so the search was on again. This brought me accross a brilliant website, Military.com. For all intents and purposes, Military.com gave me everything I needed, but it's interface was very basic, not flashy like all the others you see. One major upshot is that you don't recieve much spam E-Mail. After all, you don't wanna mess with the military right? Finally, everyone was abuzz about the new client, GMail, the Google E-Mail. A friend sent me an invite, and soon I had about 1000 invites, and that is what I am using to this day.