xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
da96

Cellphone You Choose?

The phone im using right now is a Nokia 6680. I really like this phone because I got it unbranded froum europe [but I got it from phillipines], and I like it because I can customise it via my 256 Megabyte Multi Media Card [MMC]. I want to get a larger amount of memory though so I can add more songs and videos to it. I also like it because it has two cameras, one VGA camera on the front [where the screen is] so I can video chat anyone. And a 1.3 Megapixel camera on the back to take better pictures of someone or somthing.Whats so good about this phone is that its not that huge to carry around. Also, there are very few of this kind of phone where I live at. But right now I think I need a new faceplate for it because its starting to get all scratched up for some reason. Although I can't buy it at any local store, i'll probably order it online.But the phone I really want right now is a Sidekick3 since right now its really popular, and I think I could put more use into it. I guess I have to save some money for it.

I prefer Motorola.Simply because I believe that you get more for you money when you compare it to Nokia. In other words, Nokia seems to sell brand more then the actual phone.A friend of mine has a Nokia N series phone which he got 2x more then my Motorola V3, when compared he prefers mine rather then his. Even though his phone takes great pictures it's too big and clumsy, not to mention the price which is very expensive for a phone that is pretty big.

I used to have Nokia phones for years..and I also used to run a Palm 5..but last year I made the leap to combine all in one and get a phone capable PDA..
It took me a LONG time to choose a make and a brand that had all the features i was looking for..
I settled on the Qtek 9090 (some of you may know it as somethign else cos its sold by Orange as an MDA 3 or T-Mobile as somethign else) and boy I havnt looked back since!!
This phone is STUNNING...it looks amazing...and soo many features packed into it!
Theres a great review and lots of pictures of the phone here...

Qtek 9090 review

I have to use the train for about 2 hours each day and I just love the fact that I have a 2gig datacard in the phone!! I used to have a nokia mp3 phone and had to change the bitrate of lots of mp3s all the time cos of lack of storage space inside the Nokia...now I can have LOTS of mp3s that I just drag and drop to the phone wihout conversion so they are all 320kps :blink:)
Also I watch a lot of TV programs on the train on the way to work..I am a Brit living in teh Netherlands and miss a lot of comedy shows etc from the UK so I joined a UK TV torrent site (yes its legal!!) so i can download series and copy them to the phone and watch them with a free Divx.xvid.mpeg.avi player that ive installed on the phone..it was a bit odd to get used to watchign something on the small screen...but i can switch to landscape mode on the phone and the display resizes into 16-9 format :wacko:)

I also make good use of the Wifi function of the phone...Im shocked at how many open Weps there are around ;) I have an app that when the wifi is turned on it scans them and buzes in my pocket that its found one thats open and that it can connect to..I use Avantgo go which is an offline webbroweser..you connect and then download pages and then can view them offine later..I read the Times the Guardian and the BBC news and sports websites on the train also.

The phone also has a great qwerty kb that slides out the back..i rarely use it apart from showing it off!! cos it lights up all blue when its opened ;)))
The only down side ive found with the phone is the camera..I have a really good digital camera anyway so I dont have use it often..but when I have used it..its not very good esp in the dark..and its normally in a bar or a club when ive tried to use it ;((

SO take a look at it..i know that it might be to expensive of big for most people..but the functions it has coupled with thousands of free apps that you can get to do jsut about anything on it with..makes it a winner for me!!

Marky;)

nokia, because of symbian. i had motorola a 925, with symbian uiq, but i didnt like it much. so i bought nokia 6600 with symbian n60, and i still use it. great phone ;]. now i'm goind to buy nokia n-series, or spv m 3000 [not nokia, but ... :blink: ]

I'm currently using a Motorolla Razr, I'm pretty sure its the first model.It's a great phone except for the fact that its signal always sucks and the speaker volume isn't that loud, but what do you expect with such a thin phone?