xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Community Service Ii ...I hoped I could serve on without this thread...

--note-- There's an introduction to this post here --/note--

In the past four weeks, there have been some issues which could be acceptable if they came one after another - but it's horrible like this:

1) After I've been on vacation, my boss' substitute [he's been on vacation, too] told me that the system we use to verify the hours we've worked says that I'm 64 hours (that's worth two weeks of work, roughly) behind schedule; I told her that this was definitely not the case and that everybody would have noticed if I hadn't shown up for two weeks. She insisted that I have to work another 64 hours to make up for this, so I filed a complaint to the federal agency for community service. On Tuesday last week, my boss learned that I filed this complaint when some guy from the Agency showed up to inquire this. well, of the 64 hours, there are now only 4 left...

2) Two weeks ago, I received a letter from the Agency telling me that they were not going to grant some special vacation I've taken in the beginning of my time of service but since I've already had this special vacation, my personnel management person decided she'd throw in my last two days of regular vacation to make up for two of these three days; on the third of these days I should have worked 4 hours.

3) There is no warm water in the flat provided to me since about 2 1/2 weeks. The landlord knows about this since 2 1/2 weeks minus one day (I told him and wrote him a letter the following day); my boss knows about this since 1 1/2 weeks and promised to do something about it "immediately". well, I've still got to take cold showers in a flat without any heating systems except for a kitchen-use water boiler and my laptop's power supply...

4) I badly needed these two days of vacation to be able to see my girlfriend for the last time this year (19 hours to get there, 19 hours to get back - wrapped around a weekend, this would have given us two days together :/). I'm not poor anymore since I'm working for the state but what good is that if I can't think of any other way to spend that much money other than enabling me to meet my girlfriend? I'd rather spend three days tramping there and another three days to get back with as many days in between as I want to instead of having the money to get there within a day but being not allowed to do so....

....I've spent most of the time I'm back home listening to some music which usually calms me down within a minute or something but it's been hours now and I still feel like I'm gonna break some stuff tonight, maybe start a fire... at least that would get me kicked out of this community service-$h!7, sorry, stuff...

Edited by brainless (see edit history)

isn't there a way you could prove what hours you worked? surely there must be people who see you working that could back you up?as far as the hot water problems, is there anyone else that you could talk to about it? or is it something you can have fixed yourself?and isn't there anyway your girlfriend could come to see you if you are unable to go and see her?

since the work time-problem is kind of solved, this leaves only the water-problem......I'll call the agency to find out what I can do against that one without getting into too much trouble. well, maybe I can trade that in for the one or other day off - I stay quiet, my boss gives me some days off? anyways, I'll go and get my doc to give me a paper saying that I'm -from a medical point of view- unable to work for the rest of the week, which would put a lot of pressure on the place where I serve: On Thursday, one of our volunteers is going to quit her service (she's going to get a job training beginning in Octobre :)); I'm supposed to help her moving on Friday morning (well, since she's been quite nice to me, unlike some other people, I'll be glad to be able to help her) - but on Friday evening and Saturday afternoon, there are some special events on our timetable. Two people are scheduled to handle both of these events, one of them is me ... guess what will happen if I can't work then? I definitely don't like to play this card but...