xisto Community
Regret

Sony Ps3 Controller Revealed

Ok well I dont know if this has been posted before but here goes.

Sony PS3 controller revealed

:) they got rid of the boomerang shaped controller.

Information source: Gamespot

LOS ANGELES:

At last year's E3, Sony displayed a prototype controller for its upcoming console, the PlayStation 3. The boomerang-shaped wireless device was something of a lightning rod, and didn't seem like it was terribly well-received. This year, Sony has unveiled the final controller, and it should look pretty familiar.

The PS3's controller now looks roughly like a Dual Shock 2. The size and button placement seems identical. But there are a handful of key differences. You'll feel right at home when you pick it up, but this controller has definitely evolved.

For starters, it's wireless and startlingly lightweight. The Bluetooth device has a mini-USB plug on it, presumably for charging. The L2 and R2 triggers are analog and feel quite nice. There's a new central button that has the PlayStation logo on it. It doesn't seem to be functional, but it seems like a likely spot for some sort of "home" or "menu' button.

The biggest change is inside the controller. There are motion-sensing gyroscopes inside the controller that will detect tilting as well as raising and lowering. We get the feeling that wii've seen this in another upcoming console, but we'll save that discussion for message boards or something. Warhawk is one of the games that supports the tilt sensor, and it feels surprisingly tight and easy to use. Flying the plane by tilting the controller is very intuitive.

One thing you won't find in this new controller is force feedback. The rumble feature was said to interfere with the motion sensing devices. Sony's Phil Harrison even went so far as to tell us that "rumble was last generation, movement is this generation."

We also managed to bump into Criterion's Alex Ward at Sony's grand unveiling, and he said he was really excited about the controller, saying that he "can really see how it fits in his games." We imagine a Burnout game can't be too far behind.

So if you wanted to be a cynic, you could say that this is a wireless PS2 controller with analog triggers like the Xbox, a central guide button like the Xbox 360, and internal motion sensors like the Wii. But what's probably most important is that the controller feels pretty nice and already seems to work well.

Image of the Controller

Notice from truefusion:
You must place all copied material in QUOTE tags.

this is an old news, they reveled it back in may.anyway, this one looks better since other one was too big and this same as ps1 and ps2. but this one has a home button with usb ports for charing. you can also see the wifi lights.it also has motion sensing feature. one bad thing about this controller is that it doesn't support dual shock.

I know it is old news, but it is good news in my opinion.I hated the original shape and I am glad to see that they have stuck with the original concept of the Playstation controller. It will be interesting to see how they adapt the mostion sensing feature into games though. I dont really mind the dual shock idea that much although it will be missed.

At least they've gone for something a little more logical now and people will find it easier to transition over and use the new system. Motion sensing sounds like a good idea but I'm sure that it won't work as well as people say it will. Game designers will also find lots of weird ways to use it, so we might see some interesting new games.

Just a note, Regret, don't copy text directly from other sites, as the moderators will just take your credits away again. Read the readme and get used to the rules.

The new ps3 system along with its controllers is going to have a state of the art GPU system and CPU system. This will be geared towards more high def gaming and more pixels and particle effects. Thats why the ps3 is going to be so expensive, its also going to include the next gen blue ray HD DVD player witch is an awesome feature in-itself. But seriously the price imo is way too steep. They need to fine tune their system and make it a lot cheaper in price. This is why the Microsoft 360 will have sold more systems and also this is due because of the upcoming Halo 3 witch is sceduled to release this upcoming Holiday. I cant wait!

Very nice, and alot better than that boomerang thing. That old boomerang thing just looked way too uncomfortable to hold. I also notice that the controller is gonna be USB connected, wich means that we prolly won't be able to use our old PS2 controllers with the system.

Ok well I dont know if this has been posted before but here goes.

Sony PS3 controller revealed

:) they got rid of the boomerang shaped controller.

Information source: Gamespot

Image of the Controller

Notice from truefusion:
You must place all copied material in QUOTE tags.

thats interesting... but is it just me or is it exactly the same as the old ones only wireless and usb connectable