xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyUchiha

Cheapest Computer Price?

It depends on what you are looking for. When asking a such general question, I suggest you list the qualities of hardware you're expecting. As well as state what you are planning to do.For example, are you looking for a computer that will do just email and internet surfing? If so you can pick one up for $200 US dollars. But do you need a monitor? Do you need a sound card. ETC.Xisto asks you to post quality posts and detailed description and information.

Just a note, any computer that uses windows is super expensive - that's why it's cheaper to buy your own - if you have an old copy of windows you can save yourself several hundred dollars.

Notice from jlhaslip:
erased the duplicate portion of this posting

I know in Australia, you can build very cheap PC boxes if you buy all the components yourself and do not need to pay someone to do it for you. Generic parts are quite common and are much cheaper (albiet less reliable).I have heard of a lot of budget, relatively-new-to-computer users investing in Dells lately. Their desktop deals are amazingly low, considering they come with warranty, an LCD monitor and Windows XP. Certainly, if you don't know what you're doing I couldn't recommend anything else.

For cheap, you won't get a highend gaming rig, but you will rather have a good internet surfing/word processing box. I got myself a Gateway MX3414 a while back, and it ws relatively cheap; $800. Its a nice laptop that runs games and all my other apps quite nicely :) But if you only want an internet surfing box Id recommend a cheap Dell or eMachine, although I dislike both brands, they are quite cheap, and good for what you are looking for!

I know most of the new higher-end computers come with 1GB of RAM, but if you're looking for an average computer with about 512MB of RAM you can still find it. When I got my Compaq computer 2 years ago, it had 2 drives: CD/DVD burner, and a CD-ROM drive. It also had a couple of FireWire ports and a picture card reader slot, and it had 512MB of RAM in it. I bought it without a monitor and it was about $700 (reminder: this was 2 years ago) so depending on if you want 1 or 2 disk drives, your computer (without a monitor) should be around mabye $500. And unless you go with Apple or some office computer with a Windows server OS, you'll end up with XP for sure. A decent LCD monitor, mabye around 17or 19" will cost mabye $300-$400.

has anyone bought an alienware pc? i here alot of good reviews but never from someone who bought one... just magazine adds and such. i was basically wondering if its worth buying one or am i more or less just paying an extra $1500 for there cool **bottom** case =\

has anyone bought an alienware pc? i here alot of good reviews but never from someone who bought one... just magazine adds and such. i was basically wondering if its worth buying one or am i more or less just paying an extra $1500 for there cool **bottom** case =\

Alienwares are good but highly overpriced. For the price of an Alienware you can build the same system for cheaper. Also Alienware is now Dell, so there might be some Dell parts there...

there might be some Dell parts there...

and we couldn't have THAT!

For good ones get an acer or whitebox. But the good ones are not really all that cheap.

For cheap ones, go with Dell.

And btw, the $100 ones don't have a hard drive...

I don't know what it is, but there's always problems with Dells. I know tons of people with Dell computers and they're always lagging on something performance-wise or something is keeping it from booting up. I think the only reason Dell is as big as it is today is because it spends billions of dollars on marketing and commercials. Taking over Alienware was just another step towards them dominating the computer market and turning it into crap.

If you would like to build your own (which is fairly easy but you must be careful) and buy all the parts in newegg for a total of maybe under 300. I recommend buying AMD dual core cpus and motherboard because they are much cheaper than Intel. You can get a good cpu for less than a 100.