xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MikeyUchiha

Vb6 Tutorials Request

Does anyone know where I can get a good tutorial on VB6? It's really essential that I learn it.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Tutorial section if to POST tutorials and not for asking. Moved to VB Programming section. Learn to read all forum sections before making another mistake of posting in the wrong section.

Well it depends why you need to learn it and what parts of the language you need to learn. I dont think its ever needed to learn ALL of any programming language, for example you might never need to know how to make images move or add movies to an application so it really depends on what your needs are. ALthough one thing is for sure you will need an IDE and compiler for VB. They basically turn what you type into machine code for the computer to run. You can download a free trial of microsoft VB 2003 i think from googling the web the only thing is i think it is a timed trial so it runs out after about 60 days maybe. Other than that you can try envelop. (again google the web.) its a totally free compiler, though can be confusing to install as there are 6 different installation packages to download and go through. And once installed it isnt VB.NET its just VB so there are slight differences in the way that it works compared to the MS VB compilers.

To begin learning i think the best thing is to learn how to make a program just put text boxes and stuff in, then add buttons and other things to get more complicated and you will learn that way but thats just my preference. A site i found by googleing the web is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it seems good but ive never used it. Just google for more tutorials and there are plenty out there! Good luck learning and if you get stuck just post on the forums here and someone will help you.

You need to learn everything from the ground up if your ever going to excell with any programming language. Tutorials won't help you write a game, learing the language and expanding on the tutorials is what you need to do to become more than an average programmer. And anyways, game programming often requires more programming and some concepts that require regular programming to understand. If you're looking for an easier way, get one of the free game designers.