xisto Community
jlhaslip

Phpbb 3.0 Beta 2 - Free Forum Software Have a look at the features...

PHPBB 3 looks very promicing like jlhaslip said hees set it up on his pc. ive done exactly the same but on a tsting server to get a propper feel of it. The layout is good and the ACP is easier to use. when it is released there will be some bugs in it i can assure you. But mon the whole it as a great piece of forum software.

ZetaBoards is coming to replace IF

Brandon is over confident. Zetaboards will be his first BB he's ever made, he's not letting anyone else in on it and only working on it by himself.
For three years now.....

ive sucesfully set up phpbb on my site but the only thing thats annoying at the moment is that you cannot upload and install skins to phpbb 3 but i read on there site that when it is finally released the system will have all the skin options cant wait :)

Update!

There is a phpbb version 3 Beta 4 now available. Still not yet a release candidate.

Wonder when the RC will be available???

Hmph. I was just going to say that. Oh well.

You can get phpBB3 betas here:
https://www.phpbb.com/development/

And, uhhhh.... yes. There are a few mods and a couple very nice skins for phpBB3 out already.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I, personally don't care they aren't supported. That's the way I like it. :lol:

I have a beta set up at my Xisto.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Feel free to register and check it out. There's a very nice AJAX chat box there. (Link at the top; same icon as search) Obviously - it supports some very nice features and allows for crazy skins. I really like it so far.

phpBB actually did quite a good job. I wonder what they do to make money.IPB actually has quite a similar forum except there's cost much more than phpBB! In my opinion phpBB is the best forum software!

This is looking very good so far, ive tried it on another server & I will probably switch after the final is released. Im currently using Simple Machines Forum software but I really hate their template selection. Noone who uses simple machines makes good templates so the only way to have a good one is if you make it yourself. It always seems that PHPBB has good mods and templates so when they make a converter from SMF 1.1 to PHPBB3 im gonna switch for sure.

Hey evrybody phpBB.com has released its new beta script for forums phpBB3 i think its gona b another great success 4 them becouse they have inserted some kool new features like flash posting , users of the web can upload there own data in zip video posting... yeah and image url posting...obviously you need to have some good space to run that script...check out this sample that i'v made.... http://www.myforums.co.nr/

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged Topic

Yes i have a beta version on my sites forums. it runs great and has many features of which ipb was made good for. it isn't perfect, but they are getting closer and closer. the best thing is that it's free. that is great for people who don't wanna pay...

the phpBB version 3 Beta Update 4 is released now.Those who've already installed the forum can update to the latest release by downloading the script from the site.

I have the phpBB3 beta 4 installed on my trap 17 hosting account & it is simply amazing for a free software. I am very pleased with what they have done, especially with the admin control panel. I can't wait until the final release comes out so I can convert my Simple Machines Forum. I'm really starting to hate SMF...

is there still a free version of IPB at all? I will probably just use phpBB, it should be sufficient, but just curious, thanks!