xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

Man Goes On A Shooting Spree In A Montreal College Campus. Yesterday.

This was in the papers day here in Ottawa Ontario Canada. Yesterday some guy dressed in black went into a college with a bunch of guns and started shooting at people. And from what I read he had a stone cold face on him and he wounded 19 students and killed at least one person.

Sun Media sources identified Gill as the gunman who turned a Montreal college cafeteria into a combat zone yesterday, killing one young woman and wounding 19 before he was shot dead by police.

Here's a link to the story. They even got a picture in there of the killer, makes you wonder at times what is this world coming to?

Pray for the victims and their families as they go through this terrible nightmare.

Some people are so evil. :)

Yeah I thought people would be interested in what terrible thing happened in Montreal. Let's all hope the victums are okay. And I've recently seen in another news paper here. They have posted a picture of the girl that got killed by the killer. She was a cute lady. And was wounded by the gunman when he was shooting at people. And apparently one other student pleaded with the gunman to please let them help her. She needed help after getting shot. And from what the student said he just looked at the person and said.

No she won't be needing any help.

And then he shot her 7 more times. Killing her in cold blood. I wonder what drives these people to do terrible things? I just don't get it. Did the killer have a mental illness or something? Or did he just snap for some unknown reason?

Although I'm pretty out of the loop with regard to current events (just way too busy and also because of the fact that I'm caught in the university campus bubble), it just saddens me to hear of another such tragedy.If I recall correctly (do correct me if I'm wrong), the gunman had military training and that was where he had obtained his weapons.My condolences to the victims and their families.

Yes i heard about this on vampirefreaks.com because the person who was the shooter was a member of the vampire freaks site and the media blamed the site for this tragedy just because he was a member. Couldn't believe this when I read it but i just guess some people are like that, which is a pity. Hope the victims family and friends are ok and coping with this.

If I recall correctly (do correct me if I'm wrong), the gunman had military training and that was where he had obtained his weapons.

Yeah he had guns training. And the fire arms of his weren't illegal ones. Supposedly he had a license to carry guns and I guess a member of a club where he could pretty much purchase his weapons off of the internet. And a week or 2 later they would be mailed right to his door. And apparently he seemed to have distance himself from the world. Saying things like he hated life and other wierd things.

Well, from whats been going on in schools over the past decade, I can definitely come to the conclusion that students will not be afraid of school teachers being aliens or something like that anymore. They should be afraid of the person who gets picked on the most or who has other types of problems. I thought Canada was more like a peacefull place.

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

I think it's really pretty sad what people do because they are upset about themselves or with their life. But really wouldn't somebody think to try and give help to this person because obviously he had a problem. His own mother should have known something right? Why though would he go around and ruin other people's lives because of something that was I guess upsetting him or he didn't like about his life. He probably held it in a bit long.

Well first of all this guy was on a mad spree. I live in Montreal and i was shocked that some guy would go into one of the best colledges in Montreal and shoot people for no good reason. This guy took a hostage and was talking to him and said "would you shoot yourself?" The guy tryed to convince him to stop this madness and surrender. But instead the guy commited suicide in front of the hostage.

Some Arab went shooting up a mall in Washington State a week or two ago. A man, carrying concealed, legally, who happened to be an off-duty policeman, put the guy down before he could kill as many as he was intending to. Armed, trained, responsible citizens are the biggest deterrent to these kind of episodes because they're everywhere, you never know who might be armed and who might not be. Police, on the other hand, can't be everywhere all the time. It's a shame the Canadian Gov't won't allow the citizens of that country to exercise their natural right to self-defense. It's a statistical fact that states here that allow concealed-carry have a reduced violent crime rate compared with those that do not. Criminals are lazy and cowardly and choose places where they know there is a much less chance of opposition to carry out their deeds.

I used to live in Montreal, and I knew several Dawson students.I was shocked and sad to hear about the shooting.Theres such a good atmosphere around Westmount square/AlexisNihon/Dawson college. It's such a really friendly atmosphere.They even allow buskers in Westmountsquare,Canadas richest neighbourhood.Stop the guns.That may sound naive butI certainly wish.

This was in the papers day here in Ottawa Ontario Canada. Yesterday some guy dressed in black went into a college with a bunch of guns and started shooting at people. And from what I read he had a stone cold face on him and he wounded 19 students and killed at least one person.

Here's a link to the story. They even got a picture in there of the killer, makes you wonder at times what is this world coming to?

Pray for the victims and their families as they go through this terrible nightmare.

Some people are so evil. :P

I remember this happening and how shocked I was in a way, then I remember other school shootings such as Colinbine, ( think I spelled it right ) also the very 1st of a string of school shootings in Pearl Ms. rereading the story I wounder how the familys are now. my prayers still go out to them.