xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

J.k. Rowling Refuses To Be Parted From Book 7

Recently J.k. Rownling (Author of Harry Potter Books) took a trip to New York, and coming to america, se was fine carrying somthing on the plain, but coming back she was not alloud to!Any guesses what that item was?Well, it was the ENTIRE harry potter book 7 that she has written so far. she said she will travel no where without it because she simply cant trust it aywhere else.They continuiously refused to let her go on the plain with them for some reason, i mean its just paper.. anyways, after talking with the manager and explaining what it was, they agree'd to let it go on the plain bound up in bands and bags.she said she would not have gotten on the plain unless she had it on her carry-on-bag.... i wouldn't either!

Well, an artist has to protect her work right? I can see how she (or anyone for that matter) would become overly protective of the final volume of her masterpiece.

This is the only smart thing to do, because these books are so popular that they could easily be stolen from her. I think she also has a loot of bodyguards because someone would have robbed her for sure if she is carrying the book with her all the times..However, this americans are crazy I have to say, because they know who she is and of course she will not enter a plane without her writings!

i would do the same thing to.... you see what people do with bootleg movies ..... imagine if someone got their greedy hands on that!?!?!? they could make some serious money on ebay...lol.... still.... she needs to get that thing protected.... thats the most important thing in her life rite now.... its her 7 year old child! thats what it is...... :)

Edited by hotchick2121 (see edit history)

Actually it's more convient for authors to write on paper because if they have to change something they can easily do it and keep it safe. Now on a computer it doesn't take much to crash a computer and with 700 pages done it would just ruin her to lose all that info.Also writing is a art form so idea's just pop out of no where as well. So writing them down faster on paper is better then waiting for a computer to load and then waiting for hte software to load then forget it.

Recently J.k. Rownling (Author of Harry Potter Books) took a trip to New York, and coming to america, se was fine carrying somthing on the plain, but coming back she was not alloud to!
Any guesses what that item was?

Well, it was the ENTIRE harry potter book 7 that she has written so far. she said she will travel no where without it because she simply cant trust it aywhere else.

They continuiously refused to let her go on the plain with them for some reason, i mean its just paper.. anyways, after talking with the manager and explaining what it was, they agree'd to let it go on the plain bound up in bands and bags.

she said she would not have gotten on the plain unless she had it on her carry-on-bag.... i wouldn't either!

wow... iwonder why security would be so tight that they wouldnt let a book on, and its J.K. Rowling, if she is traveling she is obviosly going to have that book with her and want to take it with her so y would they stop her... sounds like there was a guy with his head up his...

Security these days is overcautious. Do they think that she has a gun in the piece of paper? Seriously, I think that someone just wanted to read or steal the story or something. The Harry Potter stories are pretty much her life! Why would she go anywhere without them? She is smart, but airport security isn't.

Security these days is overcautious. Do they think that she has a gun in the piece of paper? Seriously, I think that someone just wanted to read or steal the story or something. The Harry Potter stories are pretty much her life! Why would she go anywhere without them? She is smart, but airport security isn't.

The Entire book not just a piece of paper, and yes if it was thick then you can cut, a big whole inside, to carry a gun. But that should of been checked. But that is her life I have all of the harry potter movies that have come out.

And some books, i don't read them though.. i don't like reading. I rather watch it from the screen with some coke.. popcorn/cheetos. Watching it its just more fun, and more understanding to me.

Well anyways, I think the manager wouldn't mind but the security there wanted to steal it..

What would happen if it was stolen?
What would happen if she never got on the plane?
And offtopic question, Albus Dumbledore dies in 5th or i don't know what movie? why?

Did they mention what the book was placed in at all? it would make some sense. But I will go with they knew who she was and what she had.@danny Question #1: sold to the highest bidderQuestion #2: she would wait to get on another one.Question #3: He dies in the 6th book and he sacraficed himself from what I was told and saw somewhere.

yeah,well, if it was sold on ebay, i can garentee you that she would buy it back concidering the fact she is the richest person in the UK, she is richer than the queen.she said she would sail home on a shipyeah, doesn't die... but people think he is..... supposably he sacrafices himself to save Harry's Life and everyone elses...

Yes, you have to read the books to figure these things out. :)As the series is going on the movies are having less of the book in them. I mean, the movies still have the main storyline of the books that they were based on, but none of the subplots and other things that might help you understand why people react the way they do and give you insight enough to form your opinions on what is going to happen next. I can't believe the last movie only had about 25% of the book in it. You are missing out if you just watch the movies.

Try to stay on-topic, folks.This went from a topic about a specific person to Airport security in general and is moving off on a tangent towards Harry Potter's death. Unless he dies inside the carry-on luggage of the author, the information you post should be relevant to the Original Topic.Thank you for your co-operation.

That sounds really interesting. I really don't know why they wouldn't let her on with it though. I think she should have it locked up somewhere secretive though because now that everyone in the world knows she takes it everywhere she goes she's gonna be robbed, jumped, or whatever to get her book and sell it on Ebay for millions of dollars.