xisto Community
darran

Macintosh Or Windows Which will you choose?

again to all of u who chose windows, their programs can run on a mac. and just because you havent ever used mac doesnt mean windows is more organized! windows is only good because ik that if i get a virus, its on this, not my mac.and i macs, you dont need as much speed or ram, with 1.8ghz and 512 of ran, i can run faster than my windows with 3.3ghz and 1.2gb of ram.also, nol, i grew up with windows and hated every minute of it, i had so many problems. it does not matter at all what you grow up with, i started macs because they looked cool, and now my main reason is because of their functionality. so just cuz u grew up with windows, does not mean that you have to choose windows, its completely the opposite. growing up with a problematic os would and did make me switch. now i use linux windows and mac, all for different jobs.people say mac isnt organized because they have never used it. so try using one and get away from the pc. your just familiar with the pc, not the mac. windows is far less organized than a mac.

I simply do not like the interface of a Macintosh. If it had an interface where it wouldn't clutter the desktop into an anarchy of windows but rather several fullscreen, tabular windows, I wouild probably have a Macintosh, but apparently developers of the system like to use 50 different windows! It irritates me! That's one reason why I hate the GIMP! The interface simply sucks for me! I can handle Linux, however, because many of its applications seem to use the fullscreen tabular(or not) style. OpenOffice, for example.

I'm personally a Linux user. It's not true that Linux is not user-friendly. It is, however, only friends with people who are willing to put some effort into computing. Once that's done, it's a dream. I have never really used a Mac for an extended period of time, so I can't really judge the things you only notice after a while - both the good and the bad - but I have, however, used Windows, and am still forced to use it at school. So if stuck between the two, I would definitely go for a Mac. Anything Unix-based is absolutely awesome, just because it doesn't have the BLOAT of the Windows API. That linux has bad software selection is bullsh*t. There are such things as repositories, and at the moment - without having enabled any additional repositories - I have over 21 000 packages available for installation. A quick search gives me exactly what I need (I don't think I have ever not found what I wanted). Developing in Linux is easier just because it's open source. The extra cost of Macs is well worth it, if only for the superior hardware.