xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MIGUE2k7

Increasing The Mass Of My Muscles... At House What exercises would help me to do it?

I want to do exercises for increase my arms muscle, chest, pectorals, etc.

That would be easy on a Gym but that is so expensive here in Mexico and i want to make exercises at my house without the need of machines or any other extra stuff.

The only ones i know are:

Lizards:

Posted Image

those are supossed to exercise pectorals and arms with posture variations.

Abdominals:

Posted Image

well, i guess everybody knows this one.. helps the abdomen.

Back:

Posted Image

Well that is for exercise the lower back part.

Those are the only i know, and i would like to know some exercises, anyones, but being especifically, that would help me with the upper back part, shoulders, forearms, and some more for pectorals.

Would someone help me? thanks in advanced

I don't know what the name of this exercise is, but pick up a brick and hold your arm straight up in the air. Now let the brick fall behind you. Your elbow will be straight up in the air, then pull the brick back up to extend your arm to the sky and repeat for a full set.Duplicate with the other arm and do 3 sets.repeat daily until youneed a bigger brick.

1 suggestion I could give is that you purchase a dumb bell, there are so many variations of exercises you could use to train your chest, pectoral, trapezius, biceps and triceps ... etc with them

Yeah i guess im gonna buy that, i've found lots of tips for exercises done with 1 dumb bell or tow, but here that kind of stuff is usually expensive, and i didnt want to spend my money on that, but oh well i gotta need it.The brick sugesstion is a nice idea, it would work like the dumb bell :) thx for the tip jlhaslip.

But before you buy a dumb bell, try to gauge how much you want to start with. It would not be wise for you to buy a 20 kg dumb bell in the start, so choose wisely. Perhaps you could buy a blank dumb bell and purchase additional weights as time goes by. Good luck

My brother always does this kinda stuff, and did you know that if you do it at a young age, it will make it harder for you to grow, but he started when he was 6 ft.

Well im 15 years old. And im 5.4 ft. Do you think im young enough for do that kind of exercises? :)Well, anyway, i guess im tall enough now, i just want to get some muscles, cause appearance its everything at adolescense.

if you are still growing you should not do weights. if you do, make sure you are not working at capacity. For example if you do a bench press and your maximum weight you can press is about 200lbs. you should only do about 70% of your maximum. Meaning you should only ever goto about 140lbs.The reason is because it will make you shorter. You won't be growing properly. Trust me, you don't want to be short.As for home workouts.I would recommend spending the money to buy a set of dumbbells and a work out bench. you can usually find used sets including the bench for under $50. This is a good investment and you can work on almost any muscle group.

Awww... but is that i want to do weights cause im so slim and i want to increase the mass of my muscles for give a better impression.I've tried lots of things to get fatter but i cant' i eat more, i stop doing activity (such as doing sports, run, etc, those activities make people loss weight and i do them so often) but i cant get more weight. Thats why im starting to increase my muscles.But i will try everything people tells me here, i will consider that of stop growing up properly.Also i want to know what kind of food makes people get fatter, as i said, i want to increase my weight.

Go and buy some weights/dumbell, I don't know how much they cost but they're really helpful. I use my brother's weights and they help me alot; if you don't have those then try and lift something small and heavy daily; it should help. Go jogging for leg muscles.I'm pretty sure it's a good age to work out at age 14. I'm a 14 year old girl whos starting to lift weights, and alot of boys nowadays start when theyre 12 or 13; sports and stuff help too. I started at a 10lb weight thing, working my way to 20. Good luck.

Regarding the increase of your weight, I believe there is a scientific solution for this, all the whole search for it on Google and I believe you can find what you want. But this is the glimpse of what they said. To effectively gain weight, you need to eat 80% of your body weight of protein. For example if you are 65 kg, you need to eat somewhere 53 kg of protein. But do be careful, do not do it on a massive scale because you will be tantamount to injuries and at such a young age, it is something you do not want to have burdened to you

Okay, if you follow these instructions, you should gain weight. First of all - don't push too hard. This is most important at your age. If you push too hard (and I'm going to suggest weight training below) - you might damage your joints, and while this will surely heal as you grow (I've seen it happen in a growing person), it will effectively stop any training program you might have until you're much older. So be careful. The second point is - eat. Your body is growing so it needs a great deal of 'building material' shall we say. If you add exercises to this, you need even more building material, i.e. food. Exercise rips and stresses the muscle fibres, then this needs to be repaired by the body. If you don't want to be affected height-wise, you MUST take in enough nourishment both for your growing body and for the exercise you're doing.Okay, down to business:1) Eat six meals a day. They don't have to be heavy meals, but they have to be high on protien, low on fat, and medium on carbs. Go for lean meat and potatoes as a base. Dividing your intake into six equal meals allows your body to absorb much more from the food than it normally would.2) Sleep well. This is VERY important - the body builds and repairs tissue in sleep. You NEED your sleep if you're training hard for bulk.3) Drink plenty of water - water is one of your body's building materials! Remember, a good percentage of your body is water. So, to build muscle, you not only need surplus protein, you need water too.4) Exercise different muscles on different days. For example, if you exercise your arms and upper body on one day, then exercise your legs on another. This way, the muscles get more time for repair and 'building' - if you exercise the same muscles every day, they will never get the time to build, and you just won't put on much mass no matter what you do (remember, the body works slowly - think of the way a cut heals).5) The MOST important point of all. Exercise with weights. If you can afford to, buy a blank dumbell and add as much weight to it as you feel comfortable with. These are the weight exercises that build most bulk:a) Bench Press (can be done with a dumbell with you laying at the side of a bed or a sofa, with the hand doing the exercise over the side) - I'm assuming here that you don't have the cash for a bench, barbell, etc. so I'm suggesting things that can be done cheap.B) Shoulder pressc) Squats (knee bends) with weight in your hands. These are the best exercises for building bulk - they'll build bulk muscle in your chest, in your arms, in your legs and lower back and abs. After you've built sufficient bulk muscle you can 'fine tune' your body with other weight exercises, but the exercises above are a quick way to bulk up.You can use a brick or stone (that you can grip) if you can't afford a blank dumbell and some weights, but I'd say go for the dumbell and weights if you can - that way you know EXACTLY what weight you're doing and exactly how much you're increasing by when you increase. Buy a used one if you can, they aren't too expensive.A hint - if you can do less than ten repetitions with a weight, it's probably too heavy for you - if you can do more than ten repetitions, it's too light. Somewhere around ten is optimal.If you'd like I could post more clear instructions on exactly how to do each of the exercises above. I train people in the martial arts and physical fitness, so feel free to ask about anything.I hope this was of some help. Good luck.

gaining muscles in a same way like push ups or any others will only help you in muscles you use depending on the exercise you do.For example you do push ups everyday, after a few years you grow very muscular and strong, but you are only strong in the upper hand area that is below you shoulders.I train every part of muscle in me, including finders.If you want to train your finger strength, try pushing up with fingers,be creative and do any type of exercise you can think of.

By all means grow muscular and strong, I say - there's nothing wrong with it, and it's what he wants. And the guy is 15 - unsupervised finger pushups might damage the joints of his fingers. I think we should keep advice safe, as people might act on it. For example, I do an exercise to strengthen my fingers and the grip of my hands that works against a resistance of 60 pounds or more - but I wouldn't advise someone new to exercising to do that exercise - he might easily rip a muscle or tendon, or damage a joint.I think that any exercise program we describe for a beginner should have maximum effectiveness within a framework of maximum safety. I also think that exercises that work the main muscle groups are perfectly fine for a person starting out at exercising - there's no need for a person who just wants to put on some muscle-mass and gain some raw strength quickly to exercise EVERY single muscle of his body. Such fine-tuning comes later - one doesn't start out with it.

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I totally agree with Yratorm, LightMage. You must excercise different muscle groups on different days with plenty of rest inbetween. Also try to target one particular muscle group every day rather than following any rigorous routine coz you said that you are thin so you would definately require lot of rest for the muscles to regenerate. One more thing try also not to do excessive repetiotions instead go for heavy weights and low repetitions(not too heavy during the first month of your training) If you are able to get hold of weights/dumbells then you could try the following routine in the comfort of your home.Day 1 (Monday) : Chest (could include 2 sets of push ups x 20-25 reps each, 3 sets bench press x 8to10 reps each, 3 sets dumbell press s 8to10 reps, 3 sets dumbell fly x 8to10 reps )Day 2 (Tuesday) : Shoulders (Front shoulder press 3 sets x 8 to 10 reps, back shoulder press 3 sets x 8 to 10 reps, Front dumbell raises 3 sets x 8 to 10 reps, dumbell side raises x 3 sets 8 to 10 reps)Day 3 (Wednesday) : RestDay 4 (Thursday) : Back (latissimus dorsi et all) (3 sets chin-ups 8 to 15 reps, 3 sets Dumbell rowing 8 to 10 reps, 3 sets T-bar rowing 8 to 10 reps also try to do some leg exercises if you can on the same day which could include squats, Squats while holding dumbells, and dumbell lunges etc)Day 5 (Friday) : Bisceps/Triceps (3 sets bisceps curls 8 to 10 reps each, 3 sets dumbell curls 8 to 10 reps each, dumbell hammer curls 3 sets 8 to 10 reps each, dumbell triceps extension 3 sets 8 to 10 reps each, 3 sets dumbell behind neck triceps extension 8 to 10 reps each )Day 6 (Saturday) : RestDay 7 (Sunday) : Rest/Party As an added note make sure not to fatigue yourself too much while weight training if you want to gain weight/mass quickly. Make sure to have a good balanced diet including all kinds of proteins, vitamins and all. :lol:

Edited by me_boxer_dude (see edit history)