xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Rotten

Help With Banner Making

Can anybody tell me how to make a banner and pout an image on as the banner please?I'm wanting to know this as I'm trying to get started on making my own forum but I need a banner first before I do anything else.If anybody can or wouldn't mind helping me then I would be truly gratefull.

You need to open up a paint program, such as Microsoft Paint, Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. Then you'll need to learn how to use the tools. It's like making a banner on paper, except you're using digital means to make it.. I don't know if I explained it properly. Basically, you need a paint program to make a banner.

Install some fonts, download a good, free, graphics program (which really is not so hard to learn as many people think :P ) like the Gimp and you sort of have all the necessary ingredients for your banner :) Maybe you can sketch out your idea on paper first. Try to think which 'atmosphere' the banner should display, what is your forum about?

Open photoshop (or the gimp) and make a new file with the size you want for the banner (the space it will fill fit in your forum). If you don?t know how to use it, just experiment or do something basic. Later you can replace it with some better version of the banner. But if you want to do it soon just to place something in your forum juts pick the Font tool, write the title, change the font style and adjust the size to what you want, etc. Choose colour combinations related to the ones you have in your forum?s design, etc.Good luck and show us the results. Lot of people here can help you to improve in graphic design questions.