xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Rotten

Fireworks Help

hello everybody, I'm having major problems with Fireworks and I would like some help in order to make a Banner. Can anybody give me some assitance?

Here's a hint drop fireworks and go with gimp unless you can afford a photoshop price tag.sweet-princess he is referring to the software from macromedia not the explosive.

icompletly dissagree i think fireworks is the best ok so its cant do as much as photoshop but just play around with things you will soon find what you need.

hmm yeah ive worked with fireworks abit...n it defantely cannot compete with photoshop...photoshop is soo much better becase of the 100s of tools it provides for you...it can pretty much allow you to do nething you want...i dont really know where fireworks shines like whats its best known for but i dont really recommend it...macromedia is pretty much owned by adobe...litterally

On Fireworks, I tried it once and I didn't like it. I prefer Photoshop anyday. Like what was said there is so much more extensibility with Photoshop, you can basically create anything you want using it, on the other hand with Fireworks what you can create is limited. It is rather ironic for you to say that Macromedia is pretty much owned by adobe ... literally because not only is Adobe products much more better, they have also merged. I guess Fireworks would become non-existent with their merger. It is a big fact that Photoshop is the BEST graphic editing tool in the internet, and no way will they replace Photoshop with Fireworks.

I started out with fireworks, and compared to photoshop it is a really easy graphic editing program. Especially in vectors, vectors are sort of hard in photoshop when you are starting. You should google for some fireworks tutorials. There arent as many as the photoshop tutorials, but there is enough of them to get you started. Good luck.