xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tdktank59

Should We Legalize Drugs? your thoughts?

Legalize Drugs?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ALlright so my sister was talking to her friend about this servay thingy or what ever on myspace... and well one of the questions was your view on drugs and that sort of stuffso i have some ideas but lets hear yours I however dont use drugs because well i like my health the way it is... i do know that this will have no effect on what could happen or not its just a thing for *BLEEP* and giggles...My view is to Legalize it (to get people to stop smuggling and hiding it)but treat it like alchoal and have it have an agelimit to use it and also have a DUI type thing for it as well, and of course have a limit on how much one person can posses. But heres the nice thing i would sujest to get some money... Put a huge tax on it so people will need money to buy it and maybe they might think more about using itI say all this becasue its a person life if they want to *BLEEP* it up (excuse my language) let them as long as they arnt hurting anyone else who cares... If they want to die i really dont care thats less competition out there to compete against. So anyways let me hear what you guys think.

Legalizing it and then placing a tax on it won't work. It will continue to be a Blackmarket product in order to avoid the tax.

I voted for drugs to be illegal. Unless you are working in the medical profession it is not wise for you to be dealing with them. Usually this drug are being made use of to sell and earn lots of money from it, and on top of that they affect teenagers and get them addicted to it before holding them to a ransom, they will get so addicted that they would gladly pay $100 or even more just for a packet of those drugs and I am not talking about heroine only, there are so many other types of drugs and they do not have a good effect on your body. Just take a look at all those drug addicts who are sent to the drug rehabilitation centre. So much suffering and all these because they took drugs and it is very difficult to get it off your system. Just like smoking, it would be pure physical torture if a regular smoker does not get his/her 20 cigarette buds everyday. And drug traffickers are just as guilty as the ones who take them, they are encouraging drug taking as a means to make more money. So for me, NO NO to drugs.

They should be illegal, except if they are prescribed by a GP. They only cause problems when people have uncontrolled access to drugs and regardless of what laws are in place, unless someone tells the police where a drug dealer is, they will never get found. Smoking tobacco also causes problems, but also to the people around you and they have no say in what you are doing to them. The government here in the UK is finally banning smoking in public places next summer, but only after so many people have quit anyway that the impact in lost tax is minimal. Drugs, if taxed, would be the same. The government wouldn't care about the health risks because they are earning money from it.

Well if you legalize drugs you'll tick off the guys that dont want them legalized, and if you dont legalize them you'll tick off the ones who do want them legalized, so there will still be the ongoing battle on the war on drugs. I say leave things the way they are right now because there is already too much fighting and war in this world. I would like to see less drugs on our streets, but I know realistically the numbers will just grow. Drugs are everywhere as it stands right now, and this will more than likely not change reguardless on whether or not its legalized.

O_o That's a pretty weird thing to talk about... Anyway, drugs (those illegal ones obviously) don't really do the body much good even if it gives temporary pleaseure. If it were legalized, the world may become more chaotic than it already is... Sure, they'll try to impose laws to control it but I don't think it's enough to stop people taking overdoses of it. Such things have been going on since the olden times. We can most definitely not put a stop to this completely... but when it somehow gets legalized... It just might encourage more people to try it (which isn't really a good thing). So... to sum it up. I'm against it. Like christynokc, I'd rather keep things the way they are.

This is very much a ongoing debate. Of course, there are some drugs that may be of no benefit at all, and then there are those that are "medical" ie 'headache' tablets and so forth.The ones that are already illegal isnt really of much benefit considering that it could waste a persons life big time, and would defnitely chip away an addicted persons body. If all drugs were to be legalized, it would be much more chaotic then it is. To the one that suggested a tax should it be legalised, its not going to make much of a difference, thus unfortunately, the 'black market' would probably still be trading regardless in that "taxing" scenario. Personally though, I'd keep it as is (keep the illegal ones,.. illegal). Changing it would make it a lot more chaotic than it is now.

Well i have no problems with drugs, Ive never taken them and hopefully never will but ive smelt drugs on the streets, seen people with them and one of my ex-mates takes drugs and people near where i live do too, they are everywhere. The only problem i have is what people do to get them. They might steal or mug people for hte money for the drugs and when they are stoned or high they mught be voilent etc... Thats why i think that drugs should be avaliable in secure areas, abit like prison in a way where if you want to get high you go there and buy drugs off the government (who would own the prison like places) and just have a great time in there, of course it wouldnt be like prison with cells and stuff, more like a club escept you cant get out if you are high. That way people get their drugs, the government get money and the public are safe.Of course this will never happen but i think its the only way. It doesnt bother me that people kill each other over drugs because they shouldnt have taken the drugs in the first place, people have been killed around this area and proabably over drugs as it isnt really gangland as such and it doesnt scare me because im not in a gang anyway and i dont take drugs so they have no reason to kill me and probably wont. Drugs are only a major problem for those who are involved with them, the only problem arises when people do what i said in the begining and leave the spoils lying in the steeets, like needles and such.

Even if they don't legalize it, people are still going to use them. You can't stop someone from doing something illegal just because it's against the law. Laws get broken. So would it matter that it's legal?If drugs were legal, there could be two opposite outcomes. One, more people will use it. Or two, less people will use it because they're not breaking any laws, and what's the fun in that? But people use drugs for their own relief, right? So legalizing might not change anything.On the other hand, drugs are bad for you. And people shouldn't use them because they're doing their own bodies harm. I wouldn't want to see drugs legalized.

No, drugs should not be legalized.I live in Denmark and here you have to be 16 years old to buy cigarettes and alcohol in the stores.My oldest son just stepped into this land of ??? ..he is 16.. And I can only watch how he borrows out his ID card to friends who are still 15. If drugs were legal, the ID cards would just be passed on even further more, in order to buy drugs for the next party saturday night.And because drugs really is medicine! it will of course have to be illegal, unless you are ill and get it from your doctor.But then, why not also make alcohol illegal?Because, normally and in the right proportions, alcohol is a thing to enjoy..it tastes good!No one takes drugs because it tastes good! But to get away from everything, vanish and escape!And that really makes no point :) and should therefor never be legalized.

Drugs should not be legalized due to several reasons although your reason of legalizing drugs don't even make any sense. You legalize drug so people will stop smuggling illegal drugs into our country? Well, there is a reason drugs are illegal; it is because it is hazardous to your health and not only does it harm you, it harms other innocent civilians. How? Well, what happens when you're high? If we legalize drugs, drug smuggling would not be a problem, the citizens will be uncontrollable.

So, no, drugs will not be legalized due to health and the control of the citizens of a country. With the legalization of drugs, it will be ubiquitous around the country and I'm sure there will be many murders due to people "getting high".

yeah i definately think drugs should be held illegal unless its for medical purposes...why the hell should they be legal...what drugs would do you good but make you high n feel good...there are thousands of ways people can feel good by doing positive things...doing drugs are just disgusting and definately aint good in my book...i think people are just lazy to feel good the right way and just wanna lay back and just shoot themselves up with the poison

i said no to legalizing drugs, because then instead of hiding behind a building in an ally way, the buyers and sellers could do it right on the street, and expose it to the kids who dont need crap like that. its bad enough that teens now adays (yes i am a teen to, but i dont do drugs) are always talking about going and getting some drugs and smoking them behind safeway... that would make it easier for them to buy it... and ruine more of this generations education..so i said no, and think that drugs should never be used for any type of reason besides medical...