xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Help With Installing Sims 2 previous copy uninstalled for new installation

Hey everyone. I've gone without the Sims 2 for a while now and I just went out and spent $50 for another copy of it. Well I uninstalled my other copy since I cracked the first disk of it and I couldn't get a no-cd patch to work. Then I installed my new copy and when I put the first disk in, it starts up but after that nothing happens and the Sims 2 white screen that pops up disapears. And when I open up Task Manager, Sims2.exe just drops off the list, and when I press the Sims 2 icon on my desktop, the white screen comes up again and after that the infamous, "The Sims 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" box. So I figured uninstalling it and installing it again would fix my problem, but sadly it didn't. I would REALLY appreciate any help here from anyone since I'd really like to play this game. Any ideas? Thanks a million.PC Specs:OS: Windows XP, SP2, Adminstrator AccountCPU:? commit charge maximum is 1996M, that's all I know.RAM:1.43GBHarddrive:145GB internal, 160GB externalVideo:DirectX 9.0 installedSound:DirectX 9.0 installed32MB videocard

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

So let me understand this:Your first copy of the Sims 2 is a pirated version while the 2nd one is an original? From what it seems, your computer is more than capable of playing Sims 2, my computer is far worse than yours and yet it can play Sims 2 without any problems and glitches. I think if you had installed a pirated version, uninstall it and reinstall it with an original version, it could have caused some problem but that is what I think though

They're both original versions, not pirated, and what happened was I cracked the Disk 1 to the first copy of the game. Well then I went and got another version. The Disk 1 that came with the 2nd copy wouldn't work with the first version, so I uninstalled it and tried again with the 2nd version, and I get the same thing: The Sims 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close. Nothing opens, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times. I even ran ccleaner to delete any other files the game left behind, and installed again; no luck. The sad thing is that the game ran on this computer before.

Uninstall the old copy of the Sims 2. Delete the folder and all of the contents remaining. Then open up regedit by going to start -> run -> regedit. Perform a search for sims or the maker of sims and delete any keys that come up that are legit. I would backup the registry before you do anything just incase something happens. Then try to reinstall the software using the new cd. If this doesnt work, i would suggest going to the SIms 2 website and find the manual uninstall instructions and do them but it shouldnt really be anything different than what i said.

They're both original versions, not pirated, and what happened was I cracked the Disk 1 to the first copy of the game. Well then I went and got another version. The Disk 1 that came with the 2nd copy wouldn't work with the first version, so I uninstalled it and tried again with the 2nd version, and I get the same thing: The Sims 2 has encountered a problem and needs to close. Nothing opens, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times. I even ran ccleaner to delete any other files the game left behind, and installed again; no luck. The sad thing is that the game ran on this computer before.

So if the games you got aren't pirated version then it should not be a compatibility issue. So the 2 games you got have different serial numbers and probably you can't install disc 1 of the first game and disc 2, 3, 4 of the second game. I think you should contact Sims 2 and see what they can do for you. But what fffanatics said is right, you must make sure the registry of your installed Sims 2 with the first disc has been cleared and you should then install the game using your 2nd bought game.

PS: I feel that whenever you get any game, make an image of the CD and store in your computer. That way, you won't have any problems about having a cracked disc or whatever. When you want to play the game, just mount that image and everything would be fine

do you have direct x 9.0c and new graphic card?

I believe it is not a software or hardware problem our friend is facing at the moment. The game has worked before, but due to his minor glitch, the first disc was broken. So he went to buy a new copy and tried installing, it doesn't even work now and his system is showing some irregularities when the application is run.

I had Sims 2 installed before and it worked fine but then it got deleted off my computer and so I reinstalled Sims Deluxe Edition so I could then install Sims 2 but now it wont do anything. Everytime I put the disc in the computer it makes noise like its going to work but it doesnt do anything, nothing pops up or anything. What am I doing wrong? help me get it to work.-question by Heather

Sims 2 Double Deluxe : error with sound packageHelp With Installing Sims 2

Before on this same computer my Sims 2 would work just fine, but we brought it into this computer dude and he pretty much deleted all the programs on my computer because we had a virus or whatever. So now, it's not just the one disk, I tried some other of my sims and it stops at 86% and says problem occured when transferring the file " D:EP2TSDataResSoundSfxKD2.Package "

and it lets me click retry and stuff but I can't get it to work...

help please?

-question by shaybabes12

Is it possible to install The Sims 2 on a computer without the disc (I lost it but I still have the serial code)? It is installed on other computers.Help With Installing Sims 2

Basically, for christmas I recieved a new Dell Inspiron 1525. It struggles to run The Sims 2 due to its graphics card. So I went to install it on another laptop but found that the original Sims 2 disc was missing. Is there any way I can install it on the new computer? I have it installed on the other computer. It is not backed up at all!

Please help, I am SO desperate to play the sims!

I have problem with my the sims 2 updater!it ask for my the sims 2 cd 4 but i already insert itHelp With Installing Sims 2

I have problem with my the sims 2 updater!it ask for my the sims 2 cd 4 but I already insert it.Now I can't installed any expansion pack..Does any here know how to update the sims 2 manualy???please tell me!

-reply by Syafiq adnan

Its not workingHelp With Installing Sims 2

hey guys I jus got a birthday present and it was the sims 2 double deluxe I put it in it starts installing but then like it will go to 93% installed and then say "a problem occurred when trying to transfer the file'E:/SP4/TSData/Res/3D/Sims03.Package' from the media. Do you want to retry to copy file,or cancel installation."  It is getting on my nerves and is not working its brand new there is nothing wrong with the computer though so that is not a problem.  I need help ASAP. If anyone has answers please reply! THX 

-reply by siana holloway

help with installing sims 2 pleaseHelp With Installing Sims 2

I have installed all the disks correct then I wanted to play the game so it says to insert disk 1. I do that then it comes up with the initial sims 2 screen thing where it has the logo in a white box. That goes off like its ment to but then after a few seconds it comes up with a message saying it couldn't find directx 9.0c graphics anywhere on this system. So I downloaded the directx 9.0c software free of google and then tried it again but it still comes up with the message. What can I do to play the game??? please any answers would be highly appreciated and I will try anything. Thanks

-question by damian