xisto Community
wilfred@cav

Pci Simple Communications Controller / Multimedia Audio Controller No Audio

Hi. I'm Wilfred@cav. Please help me fix my desktop. I reformatted from Home XP to Pro XP. After the formatting, there was no sound and I have this 2 yellow-icon things (PCI Simple Communications Controller and Multimedia Audio Controller) on the device manager, which says that I don't have a driver installed for this device. I don't know what to do. Please help. I'm now at work and the desktop is in my place and I don't have internet access in my place. I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.

i might be able to help you :)What type of computer do you have? (Dell, HP, Gateway?)What kind of computer is it? (Inspiron 4200, XPS, dimension etc...)when you recieved your computer, did you recieve a CD that said Drivers on it?

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

In the meantime you search for what was asked, what kind of sound card is it? See if you can identify the manufacture by looking at the PCI sound card board. If you can clearly identify the type and manufacture of the card go to the search engine and search for XP driver. And it's all about downloading, extracting and installing.

If you cannot identify the sound card, see if you can type the model number, serial number, any ID or chip's manufacture codes (right on the PCI card's onboard chip).

How to identify an unknown card http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Search one of the largest database for drivers http://www.driverguide.com/

"PCI simple communications controller"

Pci Simple Communications Controller / Multimedia Audio Controller

When I start the system "found new hardware for "PCI simple communications controller" please fix the problem. My os is xp service pack 2

-reply by Nagarajan

Multimedia Audio Controller

Pci Simple Communications Controller / Multimedia Audio Controller

Hey I m Kennedy I have a laptop (gateway MX6347)and I have a problem to get driver for Multimedia Audio Controller and I fail to get one Please somehelp will be helpful THX

-reply by kennedy