xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NigaiAmaiYume

Greetings! Procrastinating writer attempting to force herself to get things done

Copying from the Intro I did over at Xisto.com, before realizing that was the computer-technical forum. ^-^; *super embarassed at her faux pas* Anyway, you guys should be more interested in this... Anyway...Hello, everyone. You can call me NigaiAmai Yume.Or just Yume. Or BitterSweet Dreams. Or PaperDolls. Actually, I go by a lot of names; I've decided to stick with my (to be) web-site name in the forums to streamline things. I'll answer to just about anything that's obviously directed at me and not offensive. ^-^ Comes from being named Mary-Melissa in real life, I suppose. ^-^Why I am here:As stated above, I am a writer. And by writer, I mean I have 15 long* works**, mostly fantasty, developing in my head.* By long, I refer to anything with a decently organized plot that's become novel length, TV series, movie, comic series, or independent RPG setting wtih established NPCs. And one novella, but it's one of my more serious works, so I'm counting it.** This count is only of works that I would like to someday publish, and so does not include fan fiction. You do NOT want to know what THAT would total. o_OIf you're still with me, you can imagine that I've got a lot of work ahead of me.Unfortunately, the amount of stuff actually WRITTEN on any of the above fills about a notebook once printed. Experience has shown that I only seem to get things done when I have deadlines to freak about, and up until now things have been only in my head (And babbling to whoever will listen. Those have been surprisingly well receieve, however...).Therefore, I've decided to try and put a couple of my more developed works on-line as serial novels. Get stuff written, impose deadlines to force myself to get stuff written, and hopefully generate feedback (and, if miracles occur, a touch of recognition for when I finally DO get these published).As you can probably guess, I'm planning on using Xisto to start my website. The forums actually seem to be a bonus tool in completing my goal (Especially since I'm going to try to do all the HTML and coding from the ground up myself, and so will need a LOT of help...) as well as giving me a place to promote.We'll see how this all works.Oh, dear, I just realized I didn't mention my characters. Who've all managed to develop relatively-independent existance in my head, and have insisted on helping "run" the web site. Well, I hadn't wanted to scare people off TOO much.... I'll save them for later. VEGIf you're STILL with me, brief preview of the two stories that will hopefully form the backbone of my website:Phoenix Flair, Dragon DescentByline: Kinda Lord of the Rings through Oriental myth, where the "ring of ultimate power" that just about everyone wants destroyed is the two main characters.Synopsis:Koiugen has spent her entire life with the burden of one gold eye and one sky blue, showing her as the last of a rare bloodline that can channel the thoughts and spirit of her goddess, Koiureiza, the Great Bird of Fire and Air. As such, she is desperate to live as a symbol for her people, control the raging power within her, and find a way to bear a child that can continue her duties. Koiureiza's will, however, has drawn her to run away from her mountain clan, towards something she cannot identify.Shiren Lo was once called Boichukai, the reincarnation of the Dragon god of Water and Earth. Fearing the madness that has claimed all others of his line that bears the mark of the blue and brown eyes, he has fleed the sancuatry of his desert people, seeking things he has only seen in dreams: a wide and clear ocean, and a glorious lady of light and life.It was destiny that they would find each other.But will destiny also dictate that they must continue the fight the lovers Koiureiza and Boichukai began a millenia ago, destroying the world in the process?(Gads, I hate trying to describe PFDD. The full series is six books long, involves the plotting of eight other gods besides Koiureiza and Boichukai, some of whom are TRYING to get the world destroyed, and it's all told through the perspective of the mostly-mortal Koiugen and Shiren. I mean, we don't even START finding out what's really going on until the end of book 2! How am I supposed to give a good synopsis without giving everything away?? LOL)Vampyre HymnByline: Modern supernatural drama, where living with the consequences of choses means living with the very force of your beliefs.Synopsis:Everyone changes reality on the basis of their belief. For some, the effect they have reaches farther.Gloria used to be a normal girl. Holly used to be her mostly-normal sister that just happened to live inside Gloria's head.But what both believe about themselves - truly believe - is true. Which causes quite a few complications when Holly believes that her becoming a vampire shouldn't damn Gloria as well.Elijah used to be a normal boy.Now he's a magnet for anything dark and dangerous, and the force is only growing stronger. He's got to learn to fight the things coming after him, or become dinner for whichever of the legions of vampires, werewolves, and other nasties catches him off guard first.All he's got to teach him and protect him are a bitter and religious mostly-human Gloria and the mostly-vampire Holly that still lives inside her head.Good thing Holly's been living off of vampire's the past four years. That takes care of one problem...(Three season television series that also has a CSI-inspired alternate universe spin off.)I wonder just how long I can keep this all up before being locked up in the looney bin once and for all? LOL

Welcome Yume,A writer in Xisto great. I love reading books but not able to write one. But here I will be seeing the making of a book and a author too.Your second story is going to be a good one, I believe. Well I wish that you complete your book and site as soon as possible so that I can get a book.Also I would appreciate if you start a topic or a blog with your story title and will write some thing about your story on a daily basis and how you are thinking about that.

Hi, welcome to the Trap.I noticed your postings over at Xisto and the reccomendation to try the Trap Forums rather than Xisto when you intro'd over there.I also think you will be better suited hereThose people at the Xisto Forums can be pretty technical.... nice, but techie.After reading your intro, I look forward to seeing some of your work. Good luck with the postings and you will be Hosted soon, I am sure. Please read the Xisto readme file for more information and, by all means, please do not Spam. It is all explained in the Readme and it doesn't take long to read it. There is a link in my siggy.

Hello NigaiAmaiYume Posted Image and welcome from Mich, in Michigan, USA. Another referal by jlhaslip. I was redirected to this site much the same as you. It will suit your artistic talents much better than Xisto. So we now have another word artist (writer) amongst us. Your subjects sound interesting. I wish you luck with your projects. From the content of this post, I see you won't have trouble getting credits for hosting really soon.

If you haven't read the Trap 17 Forum Rules, please do so. They are important to keep this forum up and running.

No kidding, I'm up to 24 credits already. LOL I though intro wasn't supposed to count?

Some catagories in General Talk don't count, but intros is not one of them. So the longer you intro, the more credits you get. I wrote a tutorial on how to make a proper introduction to help newbies out so they would have a good start. Tutorial. I don't see many of them using the information. You, however, don't need a tutorial. :) Welcome, again!

i've been busy "counselling" (sort of :)) yume in her post #2, i didn't notice she had a lengthy introduction as post #1! :Panyway, let me welcome you formally to Xisto this time. and if you ever get to be the next jk rowling, dont' forget us when we ask for an autograph! we'll whisper "Xisto" in your ears, and hope you remember your encounter with us! enjoy!

Wow i haven't done a intro post in awhile.so heres your friendly basket of muffins and assorted fruits and vegtables.:)enjoy your stay.

WELCOME! We hope you'll enjoy your stay here.Like someone said you wount have any promblems earning hosting credits with that type of content.Dont use copyright though,im sure you know that already.Im sure you'll be happier here,the people here are friendly and always ready to help.We hope you are also like that.Anyway enough said,WELCOME TO Xisto