xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

I Like Someone Else and i have a boyfriend

I have this friend i've known since about 7th grade, and we have drifted apart off and on since then. But everytime i see him, or talk to him i feel really happy. Not a normal, oh this person is funny and cool, they make me laugh therefore im happy, kind of way. More like, this person makes everything seem to be okay, and perfect when im with them kind of happy. There is two problems with that. One, being he is straight and has NO idea i even have feelings for him. The other, I'm already seeing a great guy. I know that I could never have my friend, but i feel guilty that im with my boyfriend [who i really do like a lot, don't get me wrong, he is great and he does make me feel happy, but it just isnt the same] but like someone so much more. Like what do i do, break up with my boyfriend, and end up alone? Or stay with my boyfriend and hope that the feelings for my friend will surpass. I don't want to lose my friendship with my friend [like, have to end our friendship, because of my feelings , and/or because he finds out about them] and i don't want to lose my relationship with my boyfriend.

tough situation, normally i would say you should get rid of your boyfriend because its not right to almost be in love with someone else if you have a partner but as you know you cant be with the other guy then you should stay with your boyfriend, i think as long as you dont act on your feelings then its not really a problem.

I'm not really sure what to do. I would probably cautiously see if your friend likes you. If he says no, you still have your other boyfriend, but if he says yes, you can dump your other one. It really up to you who you would rather be with.

If you are considering your friend as a candidate for the role of new boyfriend, you apparently don't like your old one well enough to keep them. Being alone is better than jerking someone around just so you have a boyfriend. It will also look better if you end your relationship with your existing boyfriend, wait a little while, and then see if your friend is up for a more serieous relationship.

Heya, Don't leave your man for some other guy, if he says no then you're going to be left with a broken heart and the worst thing is that you're going to be left alone. So don't take a risk like that...After all it is better to be safe then sorry...If you think that maybe you and your boyfriend aren't soul-mates and you think maybe you're sure that your friend is you soul mate then, If you love something, then let it go. If it comes back, then that's how you know.Good luck hun

Thats a messed up situation, but honestly if you dont want to be with your current boyfriend I wouldnt stay, reguardless on whether or not the other guy likes you. Its not fair to your boyfriend to be used as a convienience just because you want a boyfriend. It sucks being alone, but it sucks even worse to be with someone and take advantage of their feelings and emotions towards you. Dont let this ruin a good thing. But also dont play with peoples emotions. Carma is a beeyatch, and she comes around ten fold..

Whatever you do, my advice is BE CAREFUL. Just being around this guy would be better than not seeing him at all. Life can go from great to crap very quick, and if you're not careful you'll lose both of them.

"Why are all the cute guys straight?" :lol: 'Pride!

My advice is, be with the one you loved...tell the other guy that you are sorry and you don't like him, tell him you can't force yourself..Just follow your heart, feel sorry for him and tell him that you must choose someone,someone that you really have feelings with.good luck on that.

I really agree with killerbichon. It sounds like you just have a boyfriend because well... you want one. If you really don't love him, then maybe you break it off. I bet that if your boyfriend liked someone else more, you wouldn't be very happy with it, so stop thinking about just your feelings and start thinking about everyone elses. You don't have to tell anyone you like this friend more and ruin it with them, but trust me, if hes a real friend, he won't let your feelings come between them and if not, then hes not a true friend.good luck, but remember the world doesn't revolve around you...-mickey-v

If you are considering your friend as a candidate for the role of new boyfriend, you apparently don't like your old one well enough to keep them. Being alone is better than jerking someone around just so you have a boyfriend. It will also look better if you end your relationship with your existing boyfriend, wait a little while, and then see if your friend is up for a more serieous relationship.

I have to agree with killerbichon. I would hate to be jerked around only to find out that the person I care about is looking into other guys. If you are doing that it is pretty obvious that you don't like your current boyfriend enough to keep him. You should end it with him if you feel like this because, at least to me, it seems like you want him around to have someone to be with yet don't mind looking around for other men. You don't want your current boyfriend to think you are cheating on him and make things harder for yourself than they already are if you like someone else.

Just chalk it up to soul-food. That feeling of total bliss when you are with a kindred or like-minded person. It feeds your soul to be with your friend and I think maybe you might have mistaken true friendship with romance. That's not to say your feelings for him are not genuine, but why ruin a great thing. :)

I have a boyfriend,and i like someone else.

I Like Someone Else

I have a boyfreid =) I've fancied him since year 7. And like know I'm going out with him. But I was talking to this boy and he's really nice my friends know but like I don't know what to do we always plan too meet in town msn phone texting eachother. And like he's just like me into the same sorta stuff and my boyfriend and I were quiet different from eaother, I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to split up with him. And my boyfriend gets REALLY jelous if I hang around with some boys that are just my friends, were really close but so am I with this other boy. I have no idea what to do!?!

-Meow

i have a boyfriend,but i like his bestfriend.

I Like Someone Else

Ive been going out with my boyfriend for about 9 months now,and I really feel that he COULD be the one,but since I met his friend I really haven't been sure.

Lets say his friends name is "craig",I met "craig" about 3 months after being with my current bf. I liked him a lot since then,and my boyfriend found out, and has been trying to prevent me from seeing or talking with him. Even though I like him more than a friend,hes a great friend too. My bf gets jealous if I hang with other guys,or if I hang with girls that may introduce me to other guys,and he thinks that I'm jealous too much,when hes the one that makes it a problem because he has such a flirty way of joking around,its really aggravating.

His friend "craig" is sweet,and nice and really funny,and in a relationship he can be serious about things and act like a true boyfriend.I know this because i've seen how him and his ex were. My current bf cheated on girls in the past,and if I'm trying to be serious with him about something,he'll change it into a joke.

My friends don't like him for all the pain hes put me through and all the crying i've done. I love him,but I cant handle the pain now,and I can just imagine if its bad now,I know its going to be worse in the future. What do I DO??!

-reply by kate

Replying to JasperIkI have this same problem. I have a boyfriend but I have feelings for one of my friends that I know. I know that he has the same feelings because he told me so. I really do love my boyfriend, but my heart says one thing and my mind says something else and it sucks. I wish I could tell you what to do but I bet there are other people that could tell you what todo but I can't I'm sorry-reply by Rachelle