xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Madkat-Z

Conquer Online: Player Killers Good System or Bad?

Player Killer System on Conquer Online  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, I have been recently addicted to Conquer Online, a classic online roleplaying game. They have, well at least I think, a unique system to deal with Player Killers, or Players that Kill other players (Also know as PKers). The way they deal with it is you can kill other players, but you can get sent to jail by another player. In order to get sent to jail you have to kill the PKer and the PKer has to have killed over 10 players (which equals 100 PK points).The problem is with this is that normal the hardcore PKErs are at a high enough level that barely anyone can kill them or in a guild which will hunt you down and kill you for getting that player sent to jail. Plus on top of all this, they lose a PK point every 6 mintues your online, so if you kill 99 players just wait about 9 hours and you will be down to zero.

To me this is just stupid. According to the site rules you can put yourself in Peace mode to protect yourself from PKers, well this is not true at all. Peace mode only prevents you from attacking the PKer, but not the PKer from attacking you. So in truth theres only four ways to protect yourself from a PKer. 1. Run alway from the PKer and hope you get to a guard before they kill you and they hope they accidently attack the guard. 2. Travel in a group of people who are level 60+ or 3. Join a Guild who will protect you from PKers or 4. Become one yourself. The problem is there are few 60+ characters on the site that arn't PKers and if they arn't they don't normally help you and very few Guilds offer protection from PKers and if they do they don't back it up, so the only true way to protect yourself from a PKer is to run for your life.

Since starting the game I wasn't PKed alot until I hit level 30 then I got started getting PKed (or at least an attempt at it) everytime I seem to go out and train and use the mines. Plus, in the lower level Mines, PKers go in and kill all the lower level people who arn't even at level 20 yet. To me this is rather unfair to both newer and older players, because when you get PKed, the PKer gets some of your experiance, items and gold.

My suggestion at least is to make a player setting that prevents other players from attacking you and you from attacking other players. I know there are alot of people who loud mouth other people and they may deserve to get PKed, but this will at least prevent abuse of the system. That way you can go and mine and train without getting killed by another player. Next thing is to make an automatic system that if you PK another player who is X number of levels below you that you get put in jail. Most PKers will go around and kill players who are 50 levels below them just for the sake of it and to get items and gold. Since Conquer doesn't show what level you are at to the public that means they would either have to ask or take the risk.

I'm not against the idea of fighting with other players, I just think that the system that Conquer uses is ineffective and creates more problems then good. If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to add them and don't forget to cast your vote. For more information on the PK system visit here:
http://us.99.com/

*Edit* Ignore the one Yes vote, I accidently didn't relize I selected the wrong one. So it should be one No vote and no Yes votes. :D'

Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)