xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wappy

Invision Power Board 1.31 Final? Free Or Not? is it ok to use?

is this script ok to use? The way i understand it is that if you have the script (1.31) its ok to use it for free but not to distribute it? Can someone clarify this for me as i have and would like to use it but don't want to get into trouble or lose my hosting. Thanks in advance for any help with this :-)

Yes it is free to use ipb 1.3 and 1.3.1. If you are not sure or want to know for absolute, visit the IPB site forums and ask this question again. But your best bet is to visit the IPB forums and search for it as someone else no doubtedly has asked this question on the IPB forums.I myself have been using IPB 1.3 for a long time now and had no problems

ok as i thought :-) i just didn't want to install it on my Xisto account and then lose it.. I will go and look again at the ipb site but i already did and saw to the effect of what you said :-) i just wanted to ask here to confirm server admin would not tell me off lol :-) right now to find all the best mod's for it he he.. It actually looks good i was expecting it to look real bad compared to 2.1.7. Should be ok after i finish.. I hear there are many security issues but im sure there will be some fixes and many people like me who can't afford to buy the new version. I also noticed the 1.3x has alot of mods :-)

Edited by wappy (see edit history)