xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kryptonite

Peter Brock Dead Bad Week For Aussies

Hi, Some of you might have known of him but some mightn't But Peter Brock Was a race car driver here in australia and he passed away today due to a car racing accident in bathurst. He was the bathurst champion so many years running it aint funny. and his death will have a major hit on most aussies who love their racing. I work in a Car auto parts shop and this is a big matter for us. So Peter Brock Farewell may your soul rest in the hands of Almighty God and May you be in a better place. RIP Peter Brock

Edited by Kryptonite (see edit history)

Peter Brock died during a rally race (Targa West Rally) in Western Australia. Here is a link to the full story. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Peter Brock was one of Australian motor racings elder statesmen at 61 years old. He has been a very successful race driver for many years, nicknamed "Peter Perfect" for his driving skill and "King of the Mountain" in reference to the annual race at Mt. Panorama in Bathurst. From memory he was won the Mt. Panorama race more times than any other driver, this may not be correct, but I think it is. He was also instrumental in establishing the careers of many young racing drivers with his "Young Lions" development program for up and coming race drivers.

More than this, Peter Brock was, what we in Australian like to call a "Good Bloke". He always had time for his fans, I have met him personally and found him to be a true gentleman with a great sense of humour. This is something not often found in the world of big egos that is motor racing.

"Brocky" as he was known to most Australians, will be sadly missed, particularly in the motor racing fraternity. The "King" is dead. :D

Yea its very sad, Australlia has been trhough so much this week as of the rest of the world. This and before my great childhood hero Steve Irwin passed away due to a accident while filimg one of his new series. Rest In Peace the both of them... what a sad...sad week...

Both went down doing what they loved. Also I namely admired Brock for his sporting achievements on the track, and did dominate Bathurst (Australia's premier V8 race). But for some reason, Irwin's death affected me more considering Irwin was a true family man.But to both of them, RIP.