xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
noxit

Tutorial on FTPing using WS_FTPLE Tutorial..

:P

Before you start to ftp, you will need to download a ftp program. I recommend WS-FTP LE. It is a free ftp program which is easy to use.

You can download this program at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Once you have downloaded WS-FTP LE, find the folder in which you placed it and double click on it. It will then install the ftp program for you. After it installs open it up and you will get 2 windows pop up.

The first one is called Session Properties. Below is what information you will need to type into that one. Email your ftp webhost for any of the information below you are unsure of:

Profile Name: this is any name you wish

HostName/Address: usually looks like ftp.yoururl

Host Type: usually "Automatic detect"

User ID: your webhosting account ID

Password : your webhosting account password

Usually nothing has to be in the Account or Comment. Tick "save Pwd" and untick 'anonymous".

Then press "Apply" then "OK"

You will only have to put all this information in the first time you log into your ftp account.

Now, in the window you have left open, you should notice a left and right side to it.

The Right side is what files you already have in your account so far.

On the left hand side you will need to press the "ChgDir" button and type into that pop up box your hard drive directory (usually c:\ ) then press ok. You will now see your hard drive folders on the left hand side.

Find the folder in which you keep your files that you want to upload and double click on it. You will now notice those files you double clicked on will appear on your right hand side into your webhosting account.

Note: For each html file you upload, you will also need to upload each graphic that goes with that webpage.

Thats it! B)

chelcy, you can find the same info word by word on webhost2000.net/supportftp.htm ALSO. :DB) noxit, This is the last and final warning that we are giving. Please Do not Copy contents. We do not want to Ban you reduce your POST COUNT TO ZERO. We want you to enjoy this forum. Please post Genuine content. Hence forth, we will not tolerate copied contents at all.:P

B) ..iam sorrry but thats not my fault completely ..This is first time eve ram posting on any kind of forums , and youve mentioned no rules and regulations about the posting ...And i think genuine means WORD TO WORD same thing ..lolzz :P ( kidding )...anyways .. But hey ...Aint they still useful..??? ok neevr mind ..!!!i wont do it again .. :D

We are as such not stict on any users...Most of the other forum administrators would have banned noxit straight away. We dont want to do that. The best reason to explain this is, we are also taking part in other forums and there were times when we needed hosting services. Hence, we understand such things and would never purposely remove posts. But Noxit, your posts were 1:1 copy which can actually hamper our ranking too..Remember : Search engines decrease their ranking for the sites that have duplicate contents.It is only for these reasons, we are discouraging users from posting duplicate posts. Please read the PINNED topics in the Announcement section. Most of the things have been clearly stated.To be frank, the whole idea of Forum posting for FREE webhosting is only to keep visitors alive at the forum. And increasing our chances of getting clicks. Sincerly, If users, take active part in the forum, then we actually dont even require to ask initial no. of posts so as to give hosting. We would approve their accounts right away. But that is not possible and hence we ask users to post at the Forum.-= [Please Enjoy the Forums] =-

Just a little question. If I copy and paste something from my own forum or website and place it as a post, for example a short caption or section of my webpage or own forum's post, will that be counted?Sometimes you want to add some words or even a short paragrah in your posts telling the community about some news. Will that be counted as breaking the rules?

Admin, why don't you just delete the useless threads? You're too lenient with these kids. B)